It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Washington Post: "Americans favor Occupy Wall Street far more than Tea Party"

page: 4
28
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil
 


Really? This is hilarious... anyone with half a brain and just a little bit of common sense can see that this is nothing more than Progressive propaganda designed to influence the ignorant, young, and impressionable voters. The Obama admin is scared to death and they know that their days are numbered. Just look at the number of people that attend the large, national Tea Parties compared to the number of people at the Occupy Wall Street protests. There is no comparison, because the tea parties are numbered in the tens of thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands), whereas the OWS protests are numbered in the hundreds and the thousands. Hell, Glenn Beck's 8/28 rally had roughly 300,000+ people there. The Washington Compost is a very left leaning media source, so what else would you expect from them but a "story" like this.

Where was this poll taken? D.C... NYC... San Fran... or any other city from the great Utopia known as Libtardia? If a poll is taken in a bunch of left leaning areas then these results are clearly going to be the result. To be fair, if it were taken in right leaning areas the results would be the opposite. Polls are always skewed. I believe what my eyes and ears tell me, not what some lefty newspaper tells me.

Finally the vast majority of people that are at the OWS protests or are supportive of the OWS protests are ignorant followers. They are useful idiots. They are incapable of realizing the hypocrisy and the nonsensical aspect to their message. Just look at all of the people tweeting their garbage about corporate greed, and how big corporations are the problem. Again, they are TWEETING... so where did TWITTER come from? What is TWITTER? It's a very large, international corporation that exists solely because of CAPITALISM, and the freedom for someone to come up with an idea and then run with it. The same can be said about Facebook and Google, and yet none of these "socialists" protesting the large corporations have a problem with using the aforementioned large corporations as a medium for getting their message across.




posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by negativenihil
 


Really? This is hilarious... anyone with half a brain and just a little bit of common sense can see that this is nothing more than Progressive propaganda designed to influence the ignorant, young, and impressionable voters. The Obama admin is scared to death and they know that their days are numbered. Just look at the number of people that attend the large, national Tea Parties compared to the number of people at the Occupy Wall Street protests. There is no comparison, because the tea parties are numbered in the tens of thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands), whereas the OWS protests are numbered in the hundreds and the thousands. Hell, Glenn Beck's 8/28 rally had roughly 300,000+ people there. The Washington Compost is a very left leaning media source, so what else would you expect from them but a "story" like this.

Where was this poll taken? D.C... NYC... San Fran... or any other city from the great Utopia known as Libtardia? If a poll is taken in a bunch of left leaning areas then these results are clearly going to be the result. To be fair, if it were taken in right leaning areas the results would be the opposite. Polls are always skewed. I believe what my eyes and ears tell me, not what some lefty newspaper tells me.

Finally the vast majority of people that are at the OWS protests or are supportive of the OWS protests are ignorant followers. They are useful idiots. They are incapable of realizing the hypocrisy and the nonsensical aspect to their message. Just look at all of the people tweeting their garbage about corporate greed, and how big corporations are the problem. Again, they are TWEETING... so where did TWITTER come from? What is TWITTER? It's a very large, international corporation that exists solely because of CAPITALISM, and the freedom for someone to come up with an idea and then run with it. The same can be said about Facebook and Google, and yet none of these "socialists" protesting the large corporations have a problem with using the aforementioned large corporations as a medium for getting their message across.


These people are not against capitalism

They are against corruption that exists between the banks and the government.

I suppose conservatives should stop using Facebook or watching movie because of
the liberal connection?

I would stop drinking your own wine, it is probably why people are not attracted to the
Tea Party... You guys are petty and pessimistic much of the time.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
oh ok i get it now. so this whole occupy thing is an attempt to channel anger that should go towards the government, to an entity the common man is equally not involved in (Wall street).

to me that only solidifies the legitimacy of the group blaming washington (tea party).



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I live in a medium sized, midwest town and most people in this area have no idea what the Tea Party is about and don't really care. Those that do generally see their BS for what it is at this time. I'm sure there were good ideas in the beginning, but once it was cannibalized by the conservatives, it turned into a media circus and became useless. We'll probably see the same thing with the Occupy Wallstreet movement, but done by the democrats instead. Once the major political parties get involved, all sincerity usually evaporates pretty quickly.

I like what is going on with Occupy Wallstreet right now, because the general idea is a good one. Get corruption out of Wallstreet. We'll see what happens in the long run though.

- Dredge



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When people dissolve the borders that divide us, then we will see change.
Left, right
Dem, Repub
Lib, Conserv

When will people realize its not about that, its right vs wrong. If you dont know the difference, you have been brainwashed well. In that OWS crowd there is at least one of everything. So claiming the conservatives in the audience are liberal, doesnt make any sense.
If people don't want to see us all as people, then all the power to ya.

Read this. Its a good indication of ows. and other occupy locations. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by negativenihil
 


Rrrrright, Time and Washington Post the two most left leaning papers, so if they say it's so then it must be true.

Are you talking about artificial US left-right paradigm in MSM? Then OK. T & WP are """"""leftist"""""". For sure there is no Marxism in their writings. Obama is not socialist nor communist, Obama is servant of financial capital interests. It was obvious during his campaign - he got most of the budget from Wall Street.

The point is: this is not about some artificial left-right antagonism. This is about pure fact that we, our families, our friends, our neighbourhoods, our countries are robbed by [insert your credo]. And this is happening all over the globe.

BTW totalitarianism is not socialists idea. It is early modern idea emanated out of European monarchies and Vatican after 30years War. For sure even Lutherans built absolutist Prussian state - it was Zeit Geist. Insurgencies in American colonies were powered by this energy - the end of 18. and the verge of 19. century, those 50 -70 years somehow capped by 1848, were real revolution against absolute power. It is also time when anarchism and libertarianism is formed at least in its antithesis: perfect Hegelian system of perfect state - Plato's Republic translated into Hoch Deutsch. New stage of dialectic. Sparkling and hopeful idea fine tuned by Marx. Faust explained by Jack the Ripper. Later M. de Sade, Bakunin, Tolstoy ... Hey, world is colorful!

Today financial capital (owners&servants) represent absolute power. What we will do with it?



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

These people are not against capitalism

They are against corruption that exists between the banks and the government.


If they are indeed rallying against the corruption that exists between banks and the government should they protest those that make the laws that favor the banks? I mean banks didn't and can't write laws... They can only influence the lawmakers.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is no doubt that OWS will be MUCH BIGGER than the Tea Party for the simple reason that the Tea Party became the party that represents only the 1% of Americans. OWS is the movement that represents the other 99% of us.

Its very simple, do the MATH folks. 99% vs 1%

OWS =


TP =


The Tea Party is the losing party.

Too bad for those bitter TP folks, battered, bruised, and humiliated. Waaa, waa!


Feels NICE to be backing a WINNER here. Winner = OWS!!


edit on 14-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
There is no doubt that OWS will be MUCH BIGGER than the Tea Party for the simple reason that the Tea Party became the party that represents only the 1% of Americans. OWS is the movement that represents the other 99% of us.

Its very simple, do the MATH folks. 99% vs 1%

OWS =


TP =


The Tea Party is the losing party.

Its GREAT to be for a WINNER. Winner = OWS.

Too bad for those bitter TP folks, battered, bruised, and humiliated. Waaa, waa!



edit on 14-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


May I ask a few questions?
What are the OWS goals?
Would they encourage a smaller government ideology?
Would they support restricting lobbying towards government?
Would they endorse a return to personal responsibility?

Thanks and regards in advance.
Beez



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There is no doubt that OWS will be MUCH BIGGER than the Tea Party for the simple reason that the Tea Party became the party that represents only the 1% of Americans. OWS is the movement that represents the other 99% of us.

Its very simple, do the MATH folks. 99% vs 1%

OWS =


TP =


The Tea Party is the losing party.

Too bad for those bitter TP folks, battered, bruised, and humiliated. Waaa, waa!



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
There is no doubt that OWS will be MUCH BIGGER than the Tea Party for the simple reason that the Tea Party became the party that represents only the 1% of Americans. OWS is the movement that represents the other 99% of us.

Its very simple, do the MATH folks. 99% vs 1%

OWS =


TP =


The Tea Party is the losing party.

Too bad for those bitter TP folks, battered, bruised, and humiliated. Waaa, waa!

May I ask a few questions?
What are the OWS goals?
Would they encourage a smaller government ideology?
Would they support restricting lobbying towards government?
Would they endorse a return to personal responsibility?

Thanks and regards in advance.
Beez



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
There is no doubt that OWS will be MUCH BIGGER than the Tea Party for the simple reason that the Tea Party became the party that represents only the 1% of Americans. OWS is the movement that represents the other 99% of us.

Its very simple, do the MATH folks. 99% vs 1%

OWS =


TP =


The Tea Party is the losing party.

Its GREAT to be for a WINNER. Winner = OWS.

Too bad for those bitter TP folks, battered, bruised, and humiliated. Waaa, waa!



Sigh....

You have sadly sucked into the battle of Us v. Them willfully. But judging by your public declaration (even if jokingly) that you are "On the neighbor's internet connection" it speaks to the heart of the whole discussion.

Feeling no remorse for leeching off others and what they pay for has no moral or social bound for a portion of the OWS crowd. They feel entitled that they should have what others have; regardless of the means of which it is acquired.

I say portion because that is what is being highlighted. There are most likely well meaning folks that are pushing the same message as the well meaning folks of the Tea Party:

-- End corporate handouts and tax loopholes

-- Sever the ties that Government and large multinational corporations have created; thus creating a scenario in which politicians are the King maker's and not the Free Market.

-- A fairer, simpler tax structure (though the means are contested between the two).

-- Have a strong National defense but for Heaven's sake, bring our war-wearied boys and gals home and take care of here.

That message goes across the board, across the street and across demographics. But when calls of dragging the "Banksters" through the street so they can be guillotined is not giving the OWS crowd a good name. Their misguided notion that we need a Revolution; born out of the French Revolution will only bring more blood-shed.

Clean house in politics. Scrap the tentacles of Government bureaucracy off the throats of business (this isn't a notion that all regulations are harmful; just a large portion of them). Contract the Imperial Empire that has been allowed to fester and grow for over 100 years and then let us all get to the drawing board together.

Right now, its just a propaganda game of pitting this crowd against the next while the Chessmaster remain at the seats.

It is one thing to know you are a pawn, it is another to be used as a pawn.
edit on 14-10-2011 by ownbestenemy because: Can't spell it seems



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What gets me is how the conservatives rail against the government and Washington, usually ending with the assertion that if only businessmen with practical experience were in charge, everything would be just fine.

Excuse me?

Last time, and every time I've checked, the government and Washington were filled with nothing but businessmen. Every politician I know or am aware of is either a businessman, a corporate executive (not exactly the same thing, but close), or a toady to the business community who never worked a minimum wage job or had to actually compete in the economy on their own.

Businessmen pretty much don't know or care about anything but making money, and governments aren't in that line of work, rightfully so.

The paradigms businessmen bring to the table are ill-suited to deal with problems of governance, because governance shouldn't and can't be about making money. They are oriented to promoting individual wealth-building over addressing collective needs. "Running government like a business" ensures corruption and failure every time.

Most Americans support OWS because they find it impossible to side with the opposition and still maintain touch with reality.

When being unemployed constitutes disqualification for employment, no one in their right mind can NOT support OWS.

Left/right/upside down doesn't matter against the reality of massive unemployment, massively obvious fraud, massively obvious corruption, and massively obvious destruction of the environment.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, let's compare:

The OWS movement consists of a diverse crowd consisting of capitalists, socialists, unionists, etc. It is a unity of concerned citizens. They are aware that Wall Street is the root of America's evil (like it or not). It is a greedy system that resulted into a wrecked economy.

The Tea Party consists of Republican voters who make claims that Obama is a Socialist/Nazi/Marxist/Communist/Fascist from Kenya. They also don't believe in equality for all citizens. They are also against women's rights.

Yep. I'd say I'm with OWS on this one.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
A Fox News poll will show that Americans favor the TEA Party more than OWS. Time is a very left-leaning publication, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the type of person that took the poll.


No, Time is hardly a very left-leaning publication. (The only left-leaning publications are not well known in the USA, say Mother Jones).

The right wing crazies have moved their perceived center so far off balance that they imagine Time is 'left'. Secondly they make the error that mainstream news organizations persistently and heavily tilt their poll results. It just ain't so---maybe it's standard practice in the sleazier parts of Fox.

This kind of hard right, ironically has adopted the intellectual tropes of the hard-left academic postmodernists of all people, who believe that objective truth or at least even moderate neutrality doesn't exist and nor do any practices trying to achieve it. Everything is all relative and about the power structures of the people pushing the stories. (Of course I doubt most of the Limbaugh brigades have read marxist philosophers from France like Derrida, much less understand them---yes I'm making a gratuitous insult, but honestly I don't understand most of it either.)

That ideology is nearly all dangerous garbage.


edit on 14-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
What gets me is how the conservatives rail against the government and Washington, usually ending with the assertion that if only businessmen with practical experience were in charge, everything would be just fine.

Excuse me?

Last time, and every time I've checked, the government and Washington were filled with nothing but businessmen.


By contrast, fairly recently, every member of the Chinese Central Committee (or maybe Politburo) had a degree in hard science or engineering.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

but when calls of dragging the "Banksters" through the street so they can be guillotined is not giving the OWS crowd a good name.


Why are Angelo Mozilo and Kerry Killinger not in prison?

After the first S&L crisis (also brought on by deregulation) in the late 80's, the US government actually seriously prosecuted fraud. This even though it was a Republican Administration, but GHWB wasn't part of the crazy party then, he was just a normal Republican the way normal Republicans used to be.

The frauds then were substantially smaller scale than they were this time, and yet all we have gotten is one Sri-Lankan stock trader. He was guilty but for once the stock market played no role in the economic collapse, all the fraud and crime was somewhere else.

Perhaps if the culprits were appropriately regulated and criminals prosecuted, then maybe nobody would be marching against the banksters.
edit on 14-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel
 


And your point is?

Whatever it is, it doesn't change the truth of my post: the vast majority of businessmen suck at governance because their training, world-view, and predilections don't give them the mental and spiritual tools required.

The fact is that government by businessmen has proven to be an utter failure. The US is in a state of multiple collapse (social, physical, and economic) because of the policies of several generations of businessmen politicians. Government by corporate ideals has failed, completely and utterly, to make life better for the vast majority of humanity, it has served only a tiny fraction.
edit on 14-10-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by mbkennel
 


And your point is?


Explaining why the Chinese are winning.


Whatever it is, it doesn't change the truth of my post: the vast majority of businessmen suck at governance because their training, world-view, and predilections don't give them the mental and spiritual tools required.


Agree. A CEO can fire people who disagree with him. A leader can't fire undesirable constituents.


The fact is that government by businessmen has proven to be an utter failure. The US is in a state of multiple collapse (social, physical, and economic) because of the policies of several generations of businessmen politicians.


Well, more specifically we have mostly lawyers and financial businessmen. Even a leader of a serious manufacturing or technical business would be preferable (as they have to deal with real and sometimes intractable problems).


Government by corporate ideals has failed, completely and utterly, to make life better for the vast majority of humanity, it has served only a tiny fraction.
edit on 14-10-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)


Somehow this has come about even though corporations can't (yet) vote.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel
 


Ahh, I see.

We are in agreement then.



new topics

top topics



 
28
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join