It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control VS Legal Drugs completely the same debate!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Left: "Gun Control is necessary because Guns kill people"

Right: "If you take guns away from the people who properly file with for a permit, there will still be illegal guns out there."

Right: "Drugs should stay illegal because drugs kill people!"

Left: "If you take drugs away from the people who carry medical permits, there will still be illegal drugs out there."

What does it mean? US Political Madness!!!!!!!!
edit on 13-10-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You're right.
They both should be legal. Why do both parties try to control people with their beliefs, and get so outraged when the other party does the exact same thing? It's pure madness.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Not all drugs kill people.

But you make a good point, there are some parallels between the two discussions. There are also some big differences too. Interesting thread

edit on 13-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Of course it is. Prohibition is prohibition regardless of the material being regulated.

I'd say don't go taking the wind out of the sails of idiots but you won't. Nothing is quite as resillient as deluded self-righteous idiots parading their contradictory cause du joir.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I know what you mean. I am debating this idiot from another country who "can't seem to find where it states there is a right to bear arms in the constitution." And then when I showed him exactly where it was, he said that it was a right-wing conspiracy???!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
you can use a gun to kill another person.

its difficult to use a drug to kill another person. they mainly say "drugs kill people" because people have killed themselves from abuse.

i cant throw some coc aine at you and kill you....

id have to use some outside factor like strapping you down and forcing you to consume a deadly amount.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrelentingLurker
you can use a gun to kill another person.

its difficult to use a drug to kill another person. they mainly say "drugs kill people" because people have killed themselves from abuse.

i cant throw some coc aine at you and kill you....

id have to use some outside factor like strapping you down and forcing you to consume a deadly amount.

you know, legally, nothing can be marketed as a "DRUG" without prior FDA approval.

Yup..... illegal "drugs" are technically NOT drugs at all.. they are Contraband or "controlled substances".

Such is the doubletalk used by politicians and lawmakers.

They should all be jailed for misrepresenting substances as drugs.
you or I would be.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

But you make a good point, there are some parallels between the two discussions. There are also some big differences too. Interesting thread

edit on 13-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

Not all guns kill people, either. My guns have never killed anyone. Oh, and neither have my knives, swords, or hands. But both guns and drugs have the capacity to kill if misused.

Gun and drug control are citizen control. The left can't stand it if someone is able to make a decision for themselves, or is able to defend themselves, or willing to come to the defense of another, without government direction. It's like a compulsion with the left to control us.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Not all guns kill people. My gun has never killed anyone. But I see your point.

OT: Yup...

EDIT: Ninja'd damn
edit on 10/13/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join