It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: If U.S. has proof, U.N. can be won over on Iran plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - If the United States has evidence and plays its cards right, history shows that it can win the powerful U.N. Security Council to its side in the case of Iran's alleged plot to assassinate a Saudi ambassador"

How is anything in this a good thing? I'm so confused. How is this happening and who is letting this happen?

When will the fighting stop, and when will we get people in office with an idea to stop fighting?

These are dark, shady days for D.C.

news.yahoo.com...
[url=http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-u-proof-u-n-won-over-iran-210242493.html]http://news.yahoo.com/analysis-u-proof-u-n-won-over-iran-210242493.html[/ url]

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I can't imagine how they have proof, unless it's fraudulent.

Obama said earlier today, or yesterday, that they did have proof. That combined with this new article doesn't bode well.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yep u.s proof.. Deposits to numbered swiss accounts and briefcases full of cash.. Just like the wmd's in iraq, old bin and the rest of the events in the u.s little drama...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When have the U.S. ever needed 'proof' in order to act?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boomboxpanda

The UN is a joke when it comes to it's stance on Iran. Look at how many sanctions it has imposed upon Iran with little or no impact at all.
If the "puppet masters" have sanctioned any action then we will see something happen.
TPTB are the ones to raise this "false flag" in the first place.
Really do you think the UN has any real power???

edit on 13-10-2011 by redzareptile because: I'm mobile....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
"If the United States has evidence and plays its cards right"

That's a big IF.

I think this “Terror Plot” was to get the Saudis move actively involved in the attack on Iran with us and Israel. The Saudis are Sunni and the Iranians are Shiite, for some reason these two types of Islam hate each other and we have been using it against them for years.

The biggest U.S. weapons deal ever was 60$ billion to Saudi Arabia to upgrade everything and hook them up with sweet planes. It was agreed upon about a year ago with plenty of time to ship most of it in before the beginning of the Middle Eastern protests.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
History has also taught us that it isn't hard to fabricate "proof" and seen as the U.N (to my knowledge) holds no sufficient love for Iran, fabricating this "proof" shouldn't be too hard...not too hard whatsoever.

Does the U.S have the resources to wage all out war with Iran and who will come to their aid if anyone?

If America were to wage an all out war with Iran I don't see it being fought strictly in Iran but across the Middle East with a whole lot of guerilla factions involved.

Let's hope like all hell this just blows over and gets put in the 'should of, could of, would of' pile.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Obama has stated they have the info to support their claims and have been showing it around, including direct contacts with Iran, which kind of surprised me.

The US is going to have to supply all the info and allow it to be verified if we are going to win support on this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
We do have proof.. the guy contacted was a DEA agent and or informer.

Of course...

My two big questions would be.......

1. What are the odds of contacting the one mole out of hundreds of assassins from numerous drug cartels?

2. Why is the DEA employing an assassin, or, at the very least, working with one, talking to, and knowing the whereabouts of an assassin and not doing anything about it?

If it looks like BS, smells like BS, it's probably BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Proof as in Suddams links to 9/11

or Suddams WMD's

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Even if the US can provide proof, it still has to get passed China and Russia who will more than likely veto any action

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Attack Iran.Haven't we been in over our heads twice already?The only "change"Obama promlsed turns out to be More war and economic suicide.Just great.When will they get thepoint.The defense contractors are living well though,aren't they?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Attack Iran.Haven't we been in over our heads twice already?The only "change"Obama promlsed turns out to be More war and economic suicide.Just great.When will they get thepoint.The defense contractors are living well though,aren't they?

Its one thing to lay out an agenda on what a Presidential candidate will change if elected. Its something else entirely when that person is elected and sees information that is not released to the public.

Barbera Boxer weighed in and stated there are "more plots". She sits on the intelligence committee and as such gets to see that info.

Now its just the wait and see game on what the evidence is and how reliable, if at all, it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boomboxpanda

It is all smoke and mirrors.

Remember that the USA is still the only country to have used a nuclear bomb in anger (twice - Hiroshima and Ngagasaki).
The USA has the bomb, but you don't want anybody else to have it.
How f***ing arrogant.
And if an Arab wants to kill a Jew, why are you yanks getting so worked up.
You never complain if a white yank kills a 'n-word'!
I know this post will be removed by the moderator because he/she is so sensitive about criticism of you yanks.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why don't you bastards just nuke Teheran and Damascus and get it over with.
Stop piss-f***ing about.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well they only have to lie and everyone believes them, after all anyone remember the holding up of thr little bottle of powder and the WMD.

I feel so sorry for the Iranian people, especially the women and children. If thr US gets its way they will be happy to drop a few bombs on the school and hospital. These leaders from the US have broken just about every commamdment there is, they should be in jail not free to enforce more destruction, death and misery.

Sorry, ranting, but it makes me so damn angry.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Why don't you bastards just nuke Teheran and Damascus and get it over with.
Stop piss-f***ing about.

Well for starters we arent bastards....
Secondly what would nuking them accomplish?
Third the US holds human life in high regards, where as Iran - not so much.

The final point you and some others seem to be missing is the US has no issues with the Iranian people. Its the Iranian government that we have issues with, and vice cersa.

Besides if we attacked Iran Israel will be attacked in retaliation (per Ahmadenijad as well as Assad if they are referred to the UN and intervention is allowed), and based on Irans peacfull nuke program Israel will only lose 1-3 cities in a nuclear cloud.

Out of curiosity what is your problem with this?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Do me a favor and ask Ahmadenijad how many gay people live in Iran.
Ask him how many gay people are executed in Iran.
Ask him if they execute children in Iran.

If you are going to be pissed about lies, then maybe you should be pissed in both directions. Anything less and your concern moves from reasonable to politicaly motivated agenda.

I have no issues with people being upset with the Us and its actions. What is annoying though is how the holier than thous apparently are so slack jawed howl at the moon lazy that you just decide to taret the Us and only the US.

Where is your concern with Sudan?
Iran? Syria? N. Korea? multiple African countries.

So what, if a ruler kills over 400 thousand people and the country is not the US, you are ok with that? Iran has accomplished a major step forward though with their nuke program. Instead of using the "showers" they can just finish what the nazis started by using their nukes on Israel.

Going back to politically motivated with blinders on.....
edit on 14-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Quite possibly.

Remember that the USA is still the only country to have used a nuclear bomb in anger (twice - Hiroshima and Ngagasaki).
How f***ing arrogant.

Complete bollocks.

It's because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that no-one has released a nuclear bomb in anger since - everyone, including the USA, are aware of the implications.
Russia, USA, UK, China and France have had the capability to blow the whole world up for decades now and despite having major differences in the past none of them have done so.
Have you never asked yourself why?
I think the answer is pretty obvious, unfortunately some people are just blinded by their hatred and have to blame the USA for all of the worlds wrongs no matter what.

So you think it's ok for Arabs to kill Jews?
What about if Jews want to kill Arabs?

They are both as bad as each other in my book.

I think you'll find that plenty of Yanks do complain but because this doesn't fit into your bigotted, pre-conceived viewpoint then you choose to ignore it.
edit on 14/10/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Third the US holds human life in high regards, where as Iran - not so much.

Well let's see now..... how is that high regard for human life thing going in recent times?

The final point you and some others seem to be missing is the US has no issues with the Iranian people. Its the Iranian government that we have issues with, and vice cersa.

I'm sure the people of Libya feel so grateful to the US and NATO blowing up their loved ones and their schools, hospitals, public buildings and other civilian infrastructure in order to free them from the Libyan Government.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Not really but since you think it is please back up your view with facts supporting it.

Yup - maybe the next time Japan starts a war they wont attack the US. We didnt start that war, but we did finish it. If Japan didnt want to get nuked, they never should have committed themselves to their course of action.

I do find it funny though that people on the opposite side of the fence makes these arguments. The same argument, almost exactly, is present with Israel and the attacks on their country from Arab states. The Arabs lose and whine to the UN about losing territory. As with Japan, the Arab countries should have looked farther down the road and what could possibly occur.

Nothing like picking a fight, losing that fight, then complaining about the other side.

How f***ing arrogant.

We do, and so do other countries. The difference you miss is the US would actually consider the use and the effects down the road where as Iran wouldhave no issue just popping it off in Jerusalem. With the soviets we had M.A.D - Mutually assured destruction. That scenario is not the same for Iran and I dont believe for one minute that Iran can act responsibly with them.

Why do they need nukes? Israel is not a member of the NPT, so you can stop the argument there since it doesnt apply. Iran can withdraw from the NPT and move forward on their own if they choose.

Because killing a person is wrong, whether justified or not. Since we cant walk on water we must do our best. As I said before, Iran is trying to pick up where Hitler left off. Since we know how well that little spat went, one would think Iran would get the picture. Since they are ignorant enough to deny the holocaust ever occured, they will always miss the point while being doomed to repeat history.

By th way if your ok with arabs killing Israelis, what kind of person does that make you?

thanks for proving my point though,.

Pleae put down your cool aid and fix your rectal-cranial inversion please. People do complain when that occurs and we have enacted laws to prevent discrimination. Since we are not perfect, we will make mistakes.

Aside from Iran educating their people on the destruction of Israel and death to all Jews, care to point out where Iran has laws in place protecting te rights of its citizens and those of other countries while visiting Iran?

Unlike Iran the US lives in the 21st century and not the 9th and they really need to get with the program.

I know this post will be removed by the moderator because he/she is so sensitive about criticism of you yanks.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join