It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy Financials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Recently there's been some chatter in the U.S. about $9,000,000,000.00, or $9 Trillion gone missing, or unaccounted for by the Fed.

As an exercise of fantasy financial fun, I was playing with numbers by taking that $9 Trillion, and dividing it by the current population of the U.S., or dividing it by the current Adult population of the U.S. to come with numbers like
$30,000 - $60,000 in terms of a paycheck for either every single American, or every single Adult American.

I like the idea of the Adult American count in consideration of the welfare demographic that essentially gets 'paid' by the government for each child it has.

This fantasy financial exercise is just that; pure fantasy. It's a what-if scenario. Those stimulus package checks, in my opinion were paltry. Everyone getting a $30k-$60k check, on the other hand, well, now that's something that might actually stimulate some real spending.

Play with the numbers. Go to the Census website and tally up your favorite numbers.
Calculate your own fantasy financial payout. Cut out the percentage of the population that makes over X amount in yearly salary if you will.
How would YOU spend that $9Trillion?
What would YOU do with all that money to help old USA and stimulate the economy?

Please note, this fantasy financial exercise doesn't involve how you would spend the money on yourself, but what you would do with it as far as investment for the U.S., budget of programs, giving it away, or something else along those lines.

It's pure fantasy of course.
Still, if you could, what would you have done with that missing $9Trillion?

As for you guys on the other side of the pond in the UK, Europe, out in Australia, or wherever you are, it'd be interesting to see what you'd do with your own government's tally of missing moneys compared to your own population numbers.

edit on 13-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I would have built an impenetrable fortress and put signs on the outside saying "haha you can't come in".
The rest of the country can figure out things on their own.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by nineix

I would have built an impenetrable fortress and put signs on the outside saying "haha you can't come in".
The rest of the country can figure out things on their own.

I don't think you read this part?

Please note, this fantasy financial exercise doesn't involve how you would spend the money on yourself, but what you would do with it as far as investment for the U.S., budget of programs, giving it away, or something else along those lines.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Before I spend too much time on that fantasy, I'd like to know where you've encountered this "chatter"

The number you've thrown out there is 2/3 of the national debt... how does that go missing?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I would have the DOD build a giant castle for me that has a sign saying, "you can't come in".

That work?

better than the other fellow right...

edit on 13-10-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

It's easy enough to do a search in google, or whatever your preferred search engine is, for "9 Trillion". You don't even have to include words like 'missing', or 'unaccounted for'.

The unaccounted for 9 Trillion is a somewhat reality, and can be 'accounted' for in respects to overnight loans to several names in the banking industry, but, from there is where the money disappears and cannot be accounted for.

The rest, as far as you are concerned, is up to you. Play the fantasy game about what you'd do with that number, or not. This isn't a debate. This isn't posted as a platform for making arguments.
This is fantasy fun based on however loosely you want to perceive the premise of $9 Trillion gone 'missing' in favor of it also being fantasy, or to whatever degree in fact and reality.

Have fun or not. I set up this little jungle gym, and you don't have to play if you don't want to.

new topics

top topics

join