It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an ending to one of my songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i thought i would post cause i think it sounds good

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

It sounds really good.
It's a little repetitive, but other than that, it's awesome.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
From the little that you've posted, I'm excited to hear the whole thing once complete.

The only thing I might criticize is the ending bit. It drops too suddenly. I think most of the instruments should end right about where they do, but keep that last instrument you hear around for a few more seconds.

After listening again, I would say keep the fiddle around for maybe one more measure.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
WOW! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Donahue, you have the whole song written and composed already! You have snippets of songs on your You Tube site.

You have "New Country Song" then "New song idea" and "Same song(added banjo" and finally this one "New Beginning". All those put together as one would be a great song!

Just start out with the 30 sec. or so of "new Country song" then transition into "new song idea" into "same song w/banjo" then "New Beginning" then back to same song w/banjo into new song idea and finally new country song.

Build it light and airy then ad to it bring it to a crescendo of music then back down to a mellow ending.

It would sound like riding a roller coaster that last 3 min. or so.

I go to the harbor near where I live and watch the sunset.

I park right at the harbor entrance and watch the sail boats come in with the setting sun in the back ground.

Very awesome sight every night.

Almost always this flock of Egrets I think they are come up along the beach out in the surf line flying in single file formation.

Once they get over the harbor entrance with in the break wall they break off and in a mass start diving in to the water after fish.

They do this for about 30 sec. and then silently they all get back in a line and fly back south the way they came.

When I listen to your song and the others you have, I see these birds doing their little routine every day.

Music must evoke a emotional response in the listener.

Yours does but it is just for a short moment almost a temptation, leaving the listener confused.

Create a story,with a beginning a high light and then an end.

You have a talent and you have a premise, now write the song.

It is all there, just tweak what you have.

This is where I sit every night. The birds had already left.

I know it has nothing to do with your song but it is a cool video, so humor me and watch it.

edit on 14-10-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

HAHAHA...you are awesome! and thank you!..i will see what i can do

new topics

top topics

join