It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do these "God sent" candidates scare you?

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am scared to death when I hear people life Perry's wife saying things like we believe its our calling or god wanted me to run. It is very nerve racking for me to consider that many of the people running for president actually believe the voices in there head is god talking to them. They will have the power to launch nukes. There is no way for us to know if one of these people wont wake from a dream and believe it was god telling them to go to war or worse.

WLTX




posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
what scares me is when people say "the government is here to save me"

thats when i run like the wind.

god doesnt scare me government theology does.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People eat that phrase up here in the South. God is talking to everyone down here. Quite common actually.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Didnt like that one guy in the civil war who was a abolitionist think he was sent by god?
If im not mistaken he got killed by a hoard of black people ._.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What bothers me more is that there are plenty of people who believe them.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven
 

The saying "it's my calling" doesn't mean they were hearing voices in there head.
God has a purpose for everyone and they believe that this is theirs.
You are twisting it.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think this sort of thing should be a concern for everyone in the world, not just US citizens. I'm sure I read an article a while back that said Rick Perry is faking it. Would that be right?



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What I think would be even more interesting would be to see each and every personality in political office sit down and write down a long list of their guiding moral principals, the set of rules they live by and believe in, and then, hold them to it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will put things like 'fair treatment of the needy', 'honesty' and other such things on a list like that, yet when it comes time to walk the walk, it aint done.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 





what scares me is when people say "the government is here to save me"


Never have i heard ANYONE say that.

To OP: It doesn't really scare me as much as it makes me laugh. God must be schizophrenic or something if he cant decide who want to be president.

It really does lead to "Unfortunate implications."



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by Xeven
 

The saying "it's my calling" doesn't mean they were hearing voices in there head.
God has a purpose for everyone and they believe that this is theirs.
You are twisting it.

Where then does this belief in their purpose come from if not voices or thoughts in their head? To be called implies comunication does it not? It it a sense or feeling? Either way I don't want anyone who thinks god is directing them to be in charge of a nuclear arsenal.

Osama Bin Laden believed he was doing gods work. How is that any different?
edit on 13-10-2011 by Xeven because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'll take Ron Paul for a $1000 please Alex!



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
what bothers me is when i pour a coke into a cup of ice, the bubbles would overflow making a mess and leave me with nothing in the cup bit ice.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
what bothers me is when i pour a coke into a cup of ice, the bubbles would overflow making a mess and leave me with nothing in the cup bit ice.


Perhps you should drink tea?



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
What I think would be even more interesting would be to see each and every personality in political office sit down and write down a long list of their guiding moral principals, the set of rules they live by and believe in, and then, hold them to it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will put things like 'fair treatment of the needy', 'honesty' and other such things on a list like that, yet when it comes time to walk the walk, it aint done.



Principals? o yea there would be a very long list.

Moral? Principals....If they were truly moral, most of the lists would be very, very short because they would be bound by the truth which does not appear to be in any of them.
Which of them have any "moral" principals at all?

Principals can be based on lots of things. But when you add the word "moral" into the equation you have a dilemma. Most would be unable to list a single one.
DH



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I am scared to death when I hear people life Perry's wife saying things like we believe its our calling or god wanted me to run. It is very nerve racking for me to consider that many of the people running for president actually believe the voices in there head is god talking to them. They will have the power to launch nukes. There is no way for us to know if one of these people wont wake from a dream and believe it was god telling them to go to war or worse.

WLTX


Exactly. But all of the major conflicts going on in the world have religion at play somewhere. So, it's clear that this "God" is playing both sides.

Hearing something in your head is supposed to mean that you're a pschitzo, but when Herman Cain says that god told him to run for president, no one flinches.

But anyways, how else did you think nukes get launched? How else did you think your alien overlords were going to carry out their master plan. Oh, yeah, and they'll make you think that you're the one that did it too



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by Xeven
 

The saying "it's my calling" doesn't mean they were hearing voices in there head.
God has a purpose for everyone and they believe that this is theirs.
You are twisting it.

Where then does this belief in their purpose come from if not voices or thoughts in their head? To be called implies comunication does it not? It it a sense or feeling? Either way I don't want anyone who thinks god is directing them to be in charge of a nuclear arsenal.

Osama Bin Laden believed he was doing gods work. How is that any different?
edit on 13-10-2011 by Xeven because: (no reason given)


Thoughts are completely different than hearing voices.
Also, being the president is more than being in charge of a nuclear arsenal.
Osama Bin Laden was doing his own work, not God's.
Like I said, it is being twisted.
God has a purpose for everyone, and he feels like it is his purpose.

edit on 13-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join