It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHARTS: Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The "Occupy Wall Street" protests are gaining momentum, having spread from a small park in New York to marches to other cities across the country.

So far, the protests seem fueled by a collective sense that things in our economy are not fair or right. But the protesters have not done a good job of focusing their complaints—and thus have been skewered as malcontents who don't know what they stand for or want.

www.businessinsider.com...

Essentially, this article breaks it down to the numbers. It takes this general feeling of malcontent and tries to quantify it into something tangible. I think, being a bit of a numbers guy myself, that they did a reasonably decent job. There are a coupld of charts that are a bit iffy, but overall, a good explaination.

edit on 10-13-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

An early list of "grievances" included some legitimate beefs, but was otherwise just a vague attack on "corporations." Given that these are the same corporations that employ more than 100 million Americans and make the products we all use every day, this broadside did not resonate with most Americans).

That seems to be the most important part of that article. It speaks to the illiteracy of many of those protesting. One can't help but wonder why people who don't have a clue what they are talking about are protesting anything.

Now they have allowed a political party to take them over, they have become a part of the Obama campaign. Oddly they are not speaking out against that which tells me they were part of the Obama campaign all along. Otherwise they would be screaming about the involvement of MoveOn, Soros, SEIU and people like Van Jones. Makes them phonies in many of our eyes.

In fact I'm starting to wonder how many of the organizers are working directly for a political party? I now think most of them are.

Those simply screaming for handouts have always been with us. They never try, all they do is complain and make demands. They give nothing and want everything.

You want to have fun, just ask them questions that require them to know what they are talking about. They change the subject.

Still, I'm all for their right to do this and would never suggest it is wrong. It's a shame that Obama once again is involved with dividing the country to keep his power and enrich himself and his cronies. Even more of a shame they don't know they are being used and their illiteracy is being used against them. Shame how easy the young people are to manipulate and control. They don't even know they are marionettes on a string.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I don't understand why the people of ATS rely on mass media for the story instead of just googling it

lmgtfy.com...

Of course the media is spinning it to make it seem like there is no leadership, and no goals, and here you are falling it for it. Take a second to look for yourselves.

Creators, and organizers of ows www.adbusters.org...
edit on 13-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

They employ 100 million to make products every day. Why is manufacturing employment so low? and why is everything still made in china?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Oddly they are not speaking out against that which tells me they were part of the Obama campaign all along. Otherwise they would be screaming about the involvement of MoveOn, Soros, SEIU and people like Van Jones. Makes them phonies in many of our eyes.

This came out last week, I think... can't embedd it due to T&C issues

Response to Moveon.org
(this picture contains language that may offend people or whatever)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join