It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms

abcnews.go.com< br />

Cities hire Chinese instead of American workers for building projects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This absolutely infuriates me. I personally know 3 welders looking for work.

I have to wonder if Chinese firms have to meet all of California's outrageous regulations. If no, how can any American company ever hope to have a competitive advantage?

Okay, now I'm writing just to be able to post this link as I "did not include a suficient amount of my own comments." Sorry, I feel this video speaks for itself and the first sentence was enough to express my opinion without adding volumes of obscenities.

abcnews.go.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-10-2011 by Scalded Frog because: Add youtube link in case ABC link times out

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I have threads on my opinions where The American People have been sold out by The Elected Officials. People don't seem to get it. We have been Sold Out!! The Chinese probably own the companies that are doing the work in many cases. What else would fit? Thanks for the thread op..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That is ok, see corporate America has gotten this idea in congress that is no skilled workers in the US, so they need to bring visa workers from India and Pakistan so from Chinese firms to IT workers.

So, with 17 million unemployed in the US lets ask them how many of them are skilled workers.

When you read news like this as an American it infuriates me, then people wonder why is protest going on.

America need to keep waking up to the reality of what our nations is becoming.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What? Your #ing serious?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well if you look at it from a bankruptcy point of view, almost every US city and state is hurting for money and in deep debt, we've overspent and overspent and taxed taxed taxed but it was never enough. Now we're paying for it and Chinese companies are winning contracts. Don't blame the Chinese...thats just taking the easy way out.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe the chinese firms are the only ones stupid enought to bid for the contracts when there is no money left to pay for them

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Stinking commies taking all

our jobs!!

The contractors should be hung for treason.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Built by the Chinese?

Thats Great! They are going to last and be safer.

Sorry, I know the fields involved and Americans just dont have their heart in their work. Most of these contruction workers could care less of the quality. They just want their paycheck, go home and get some pistos and frahos.

Most likely they will hire some americans as labour.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I don't blame the Chinese. I blame the layers of government that make it impossible for any company in this country to be competitive. It's not just that US workers are paid more... in California particularly there are so many regulations and fees and taxes that a business just can't survive. Add to that Obamacare, SS, Medicare, Unemployment taxes, workman's comp... there are so many costs above and beyond wages. These Chinese manufacturers are state owned, they don't have all of the layers of cost.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I would never want Trump to be president; however, I would love to hear the POTUS tell China "YOUR FIRED"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I was reading an article yesterday about a building that came down in China that was found to have been built with hollow core steel beams. Also yesterday, your backgrounds namesake, Tyler had a video up on Zerohedge where the Chinese had just finished a "luxury boat" and proceeded to sink it immediately.

www.zerohedge.com...

It was freaking hilarious. Guess that's why they call their boats junks.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I do not typically jump on the wagon but this kind of crap really makes me mad. There is no reason whatsoever something like this should be going on. It is insulting that our government would allow it at a time like this.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Exactly, my friend, you got the point, giving contracts away to foreign firms while the government claim that they need to spend tax payer money in order to create more jobs.

It makes no sense at all, no at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

can Ron Paul save us?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

When you say we've you mean "we've" right?
I'm 25 with a low paying job saving to go back to finish school (why? I don't know) I pay around 160 - 200 bucks a month in taxes which is a considerable amount of my pay (i make about 1000-1100 a month). Paying taxes in no way benefits me! It does nothing for me! It doesn't contribute to a health care plan for me. It funds wars I don't agree with which actually endangers me (considering the countries we are warring in)! It's bull#. When money finally goes to infrastructure we don't even give it back to Americans that need jobs.
I'm really fed up with the country. Anyone not protesting (ows or by yourself) needs to be.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hang in there brother. When I was 25, I was making about the same amount of money you are, living in a poor neighborhood in LA. Though for the past 5 years, I've invested in my skills and took some risks and now I am much more stable.

Just keep investing in your skills, working hard and pushing your limits and you'll be doing much better in a couple years.

In terms of this country, I agree with you. I just don't know what happened to it, and I too am pretty disappointed in the direction it's heading. Take care.

-upgrayedd

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Made in the USA (by chinese).

help us obi wan kanobi. your our only hope.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Corporations have to increase profit every year so the CEO and his buds get their fat bonuses.
It gets harder every year, so you have to screw over your citizens to keep the shareholders happy.

The only way out of being controlled by a corrupt system is a slim hope that there may be some Generals left that have any ethics, morals, and a desire to help the citizens of the US.

Until that happens and they can move in and arrest every corrupt official, corrupt military leader, and surround and arrest those in the CIA NSA etc. you will only see it get worse and one day collapse.

You will know when that collapse happens.
when you see the skies filled with privately owned Lear jets flying out of the US en-masse to sunnier climates.

There is too much corruption to stop. The corruption "is too big to fail"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's see, bridges and such are part of the infrastructure that we need to conduct Business.

But no US citizen wants his or her "freedom to travel" impeded (some would say "controlled") the endless number of "toll" roads privately funded roads and bridges would entail. (Afterall, if Government isn't footing the bill for the new bridge, nobody should expect some Corporation to pay for the dang thing "out off the Goodness of its cold heart", Right?

Some things like bridges and roads, and canals, and levees, etc. are left to governments (State, Federal) to build and operate.

But that takes LOTS of money, and that means Taxes! YOUR MONEY!!!!!

And [deity] forbid any "Gubbermint" yahoo spends ONE RED CENT OF OUR (stolen!) TAX DOLLARS more than absolutely neccessary!

Tarnation! Find the lowest bidder, and squeeze every contract to the bone!

Could an American do the job?

Sure, but dang if he wouldn't demand a fair, and maybe even, livable, wage for the work!

Call the Chinese!

They'll drive their workers, cut every possible corner, wink at quality and safety regulations, well hell, they'll do damn near anything to make a profit off even the most unreasonable budget.

And the taxpayers will get their new bridge or road or whatever at, or below budget.

And they'll praise their elected officials for FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY!

At least until the dang thing collapses...
edit on 13-10-2011 by Bhadhidar because: Spelling/grammar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join