It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain gets his 999 plan from video game Sim City?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Our country must really be in bad shape when our politicians are stealing ideas from video games lol
nymag.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com... y_n_1008952.html

edit on 13-10-2011 by jimrat201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
xD Lol I saw this when I was playing it a couple days ago...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I love Sim City 4. H. Cain gots my VOTE!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A politician who can operate a successful city in Sim City is doing far better than most of his/her peers.

Though I fail to see the 9/9/9 correlation, here. Cain's strategy is not really as linear as the difference between residential taxes, retail/office taxes, and industry taxes.

But, hell - at least he has a plan - the numbers can be debated in Congress (999 is simply easy to remember).

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Where can one get this "Sim City 4" game?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And the Foreign Policy???

Angry Birds?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My girlfriend plays the game. She remembered the 999 tax plan from the game and when I asked her about it she said when you start a new game the first thing you should do is raise them to 10%.

Why was I not surprised? Sarcastically I said "Why stop there"?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
And the Foreign Policy???

Angry Birds?

Aw, I was going to say Call of Duty

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
is if called tax plan 999 in the sims or can you just set values for those 3 tax. values?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

i wonder how long it will be before someone equates "9 9 9" to "6 6 6"?

since i play killzone, i should be secretary of state.

ha ha ha

on a serious note: the more the media allows cain, romney and the rest of them talk, the more likely ron paul will get the republican nod. the nonsense these candidates spew will escalate to nothing more than a daily show punchline. this is just my opinion based on observation.

-subfab

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok, I was going to give my vote to Paul until I found out he wears fake eye brows.
And all this time I thought he was 100% sincere, boy I almost got duped

Now I will vote for Cain just because he is thinking out of the box with his 999 deal,

What's wrong with keeping it simple?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, I was going to give my vote to Paul until I found out he wears fake eye brows.
And all this time I thought he was 100% sincere, boy I almost got duped

Now I will vote for Cain just because he is thinking out of the box with his 999 deal,

What's wrong with keeping it simple?

Why not?

bottomline.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by jimrat201

i wonder how long it will be before someone equates "9 9 9" to "6 6 6"?

You are a couple days late. The ingenious Michelle Bachmann already did that during the debate. No contesting his numbers, no questions how it would work...just plain pandering to what is left of her base.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You're being sarcastic right?

You do know his 999 plan was drafted by a wells fargo branch office employee that graduated with a BA in accounting...

We need real economists (preferably austrian economists) drafting national economic plans...
edit on 14-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It is, really, a very simple problem to solve.

Remove all unconstitutional spending. That will leave the Military and spending on roads/infrastructure, as well as a few regulatory agencies and the IRS.

That instantly puts us into a surplus budget and removes social security deductions.

The following year, remove federal income tax, switching to a sales tax with a prebate on sustenance spending at the poverty level going to all citizens of legal age.

The year following that, enact a five-year plan to dissolve the Federal Reserve and shear off GSEs (like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) from government support. Begin phasing in a new currency backed by a metal standard (silver, gold, etc).

People make this # far more complicated than it needs to be. The problem is we are spending far too much and our currency is worth nothing more than the paper it is printed on while the Federal Reserve undermines the free banking principle and excessive lending creates market bubbles out the whazoo.

If 'welfare' programs are an immovable subject and people must have them - being on welfare must disqualify you from participating in popular votes as it represents a conflict of interest (you cannot honestly vote when the representatives and policies you are voting on have the capacity to give you a higher standard of living).

reply to post by IndieA

My girlfriend plays the game. She remembered the 999 tax plan from the game and when I asked her about it she said when you start a new game the first thing you should do is raise them to 10%.

Why was I not surprised? Sarcastically I said "Why stop there"?

The game can be fairly unforgiving. Since you are, in effect, God to this city (only... restricted to tax revenues), there are a lot of things that are made your responsibility (and bill) that shouldn't. Raising taxes is one way to collect revenue - but you'll quickly start losing businesses and people to tax if you raise it too high (12% or higher usually starts pissing people off to a noticeable amount - though going below 8% also seems to have noticeably improved growth rates).

You need to grow and expand to increase revenues and to... you know... play the game (not much fun to just sit there and watch a few blocks and some farmland for hours on end). Which also increases the stress on hospitals and schools (and all #ing hell starts breaking loose when that one little clinic you forgot about is trying to serve a block of sky-scraping apartment complexes - or when vandals start setting # on fire because you've been away trying to get the teachers to stop striking while police have been under-funded).

There are many ways and strategies to play the game... but when you start running low on funds - raising taxes never really works out as a long term strategy - the decline in businesses and populations (even from just a fraction of a percent) usually seems to match up, eventually, to any gains you had from raising taxes. So, it's really best used as a short-term deal to meet a pressing concern (such as a tornado just came through and pulverized your water distribution system - and now it's the end of the world because your financial adviser is screaming mad at your public works adviser for needing to spend money).

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I haven't really looked at a detailed analysis of Cain's 999 plan because it has a ZERO chance of ever being implemented. There are too many forces Democrats/Republicans/State Governments/Industry/Banks ect that will not allow such a plan to happen. We will never see a drastic changing of the U.S. Tax code, it's just not going to happen. Look at all the grief that happens from relatively little tax increases or tax cuts, just multiply that by 400% and you will see why that will not happen.
edit on 14-10-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

top topics

join