It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2HRS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Its 11: am September 11 2012, and a video has surfaced on utube with a man claiming to have planted two dirty bombs in TWO undisclosed LOCATIONS in the USA.

Two weeks prior to this event, the news had stated that uranium and other supplies was stolen from a government facility, enough uranium to kill every human within 2 states ,and depending on the winds, the radiation could probably reach 5 to 8 more states depending on which direction the winds are blowing.

11:45 am
Within 45 minutes using satellite and other groovy gadgets that the government has, they find the man who made the video. Upon capturing him, they find videos of the bomb, and have detected traces of uranium as well as other chemicals on him.

Upon interrogation he says nothing and keeps reciting the same thing in Arabic over and over again, one of the Arabic speaking translators tells you that he keeps saying ‘he is innocent and Allah will judge him not you‘.

11:52am

The vice president comes in the office and tells you that the bombs, through looking at the video are credible, and is real, plus the traces of chemicals left on his body provide credible evidence that he has not only been in contact with uranium, but all the essential ingredients for him to make a dirty bomb’ SIR we have a serious problem’ and guess what sir, through finger print analysis…he was born in the USA…SIR…He is a United States born citizen !

11:59 am

A man comes into the oval office and tells you that he was sent by homeland security, and that he can make him talk by’ any means necessary‘, and 'as we speak sir’ his two children, his wife, and his mother are being held for questioning.

What would you do with the American born terrorist?

Sitting at the round table you have, Barack Obama, Ron Paul and a Civilian.

As a Barack Obama supporter, what should he do?

As a Ron Paul supporter what should he do?

As a civilian what would you do?

Does the Fifth Amendment fit in this event?

Does any law for an American citizen fit in this equation?

Would you make a decision to torture him…not only him, but if it comes down to it to save 40million Americans, his children, his wife and his mother?

12PM SEPTEMBER 11,2012

You have 2 hours to make a decision, what will your decision be?

Texas Rep. and GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul has a rule-of-law view on the killing of Anwar al Awlaki, calling the killing of an American by the U.S. Government “sad.”

Text“That’s not a good way to deal with our problems,” he said of the drone strike in Yemen that killed Awlaki.

Was it constitutional for Obama to target the U.S.-born Anwar al-Awlaki? Richard Miniter argues that not only was it legal—it was wise. For more coverage, Stephen L. Carter also weighs in and says it might have been wrong to kill al-Awlaki, because Obama has yet to explain the goals of his drone war to the nation.

edit on 13-10-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I thought 24 ended? Another season?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

No it's the movie Unthinkable with Samuel L Jackson. Not a bad movie either.

Im curious as to what this experiment by the OP is going to accomplish. Whats the goal OP? Sounds like an intriguing start of a thread.
edit on 13-10-2011 by topherman420 because: grammar gremlin made me do it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The needs of the many, versus the rights of the few... That's a conundrum, indeed.

I can honestly say, I'd probably advocate the "by any means necessary" method. Might live to regret it later, should it turn out to be a false alert, but "better safe than sorry" is a truism for a reason.

...and yes, that might involve some form of torture. Not a pleasant thing to contemplate, but perhaps the lesser of two evils in a case like this...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Cool Story, Bro.

What is your point? What are you really after? What would you do? The scenario you mention is a wild fantasy....

You have 2 hours

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is basically the scenario from the movie "Unthinkable" with Samuel L. Jackson.
At least try and think of something original.

EDIT: Someone already mentioned the movie.
edit on 10/13/2011 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That was a pretty good movie:

Unthinkable

Unthinkable Trailer

Edit: Arg, I'm schlow. other people already thinking the same thing.
edit on 13-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's a legitimate scenario, given the world in which we live...

As scarey as that might be... Though mentioning two politicians by name, one a sitting President, and the other a man who wants to become the President might seem a little suspect, they're in the running to be the men who would make that call...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You have to consider the fact that millions of lives are at stake.An unprecedented amount will be innocent children. I would have to say find out where the bombs are by any means necessary! As he is an American born terrorist in cahoots with the enemy---he's lost his rights.
He is also a traitor to his country!
edit on 13-10-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They couldn't even prevent 9/11 which was a much bigger "organisation" than this.

They're useless.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Does the Fifth Amendment fit in this event?

I would think not. With such time constraints and such high stakes i think we could do away with the bureaucracy and engage in some good old fashioned torture interrogation.

his children, his wife and his mother?

I dont know, are you willing to sacrifice so many lives for idealism?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Okay, I'll Play.

As an Obama supporter, I'd be thinking can we find the bombs in time? 'Yes We Can!!'

As a Ron Paul Fan, I think I would blame the Fed for this situation and demand an immediate Audit.

As a citizen, I'd bring his kid in and waterboard him in front of him. I'd probably then shoot his Mother and maim his wife until he confessed where the Bomb was.

But, let's be honest it aint gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Would you make a decision to torture him…not only him, but if it comes down to it to save 40million Americans, his children, his wife and his mother?

12PM SEPTEMBER 11,2012

You have 2 hours to make a decision, what will your decision be?

Torture is notoriously unreliable to begin with. And evil will always beget evil. So there would be no torture going on if I could make the decision.

Torture is simply not an acceptable option in any case.

Its really not a difficult decision to make. Basically it comes down the individuals principles that they live by, and specifically those whose principles are to not torture, and challenging them, tempting them, to give in and betray those principles for a reward; in this case, a small chance that some pertinent information would be released to supposedly save 40M lives.

Basically, its the "would you sell your soul if the price was high enough?" question.

My answer to that question, and to the quandary of would I betray my principles if the pay out was high enough, is always going to be NO. My principles are not up for sale or trade.
edit on 10/13/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
grab passport.. get on plane.. Go far far away from the rampant paranoia and madness of the totalitarian states of amerika.. Sit on beach with exotic drink and couple hot women..
Oh already did that part.. Order up another round of drinks and watch the sunset.. Not my concern .. Besides the real terrorists are all holding office in d.c - president, vice president, senaters and congressmen
edit on 13/10/11 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I guess this is like "Choose your own adventure" or something. OOOo I like those!

(In the prologue it says to play the role of Ron Paul go to Page 12, to play the role of Barrack Obama go to page 10)

As I flip to page 12 it reads...

The president gave the order to homeland security to use the best truth serum out there on the man... Within minutes, the serum took effect and the plot was foiled.

Later, President Ron Paul decides to abide by the constitution and give the man a fair trail. The court date is set and the man is subject to the rule of law. The jury decided within minutes that with all the evidence provided, the man was to be put to death. The man (what's his name anyway?) rotted in prison for several years while being gang raped on an almost daily basis by "unruly" prisoners. He was put to death on Oct 13 2016. Everyone lived happily ever after.
-The End.

Yay!!! I win!!

edit on 13-10-2011 by Wookiep because: double edit to add truth serum part!

edit on 13-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That absolutely makes no sense. You cant go through a trial in 2 hrs. Cant even pick the jury in that time. Not to mention appeals and whatnot.

So you lose. Everyone dies.
edit on 13-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Wookiep

That absolutely makes no sense. You cant go through a trial in 2 hrs. Cant even pick the jury in that time. Not to mention appeals and whatnot.

So you lose. Everyone dies.
edit on 13-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

*edited my ending a smidge, have a look.*

edit on 13-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

Originally posted by ludshed

No it's the movie Unthinkable with Samuel L Jackson. Not a bad movie either.

Im curious as to what this experiment by the OP is going to accomplish. Whats the goal OP? Sounds like an intriguing start of a thread.
edit on 13-10-2011 by topherman420 because: grammar gremlin made me do it

That movie actually seemed like propaganda to me. I don't mean that in an ignorant way. Just that after I watched it, it had no worth as a piece of art. The goal seemed to deliver a message only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join