It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just found this part in an old thing I wrote in April 2010.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seems weird how one tiny part of it (which I'll bold in the quote) has almost came true in a sense.

For almost 13 years I've written roleplays as characters for e-wrestling "promotions" and had a particular character that was masked, silent, almost like a horror movie character.

My last "match" as the character happened in early April 2010 and one final part of the roleplay for that involved a section where I acted as if a biographer in the future (around 30 years into the future) was writing a book based on this monster. It was my arrogant way of saying I was going to win this battle of writing and I did indeed win but check this out:

After all, there were many books published over the years talking positively about Vitriol and one or two from cynical people who tried to disparage the Avatar of Avarice as a bad influence on all just as there were people discrediting the life and work of Jesus Christ, Barack Obama and others through history. In fact, he still remembered childhood memories of George W Bush being mocked constantly until 2021 when it was revealed that Bush had subsidised a charity which eventually helped eradicate AIDS, making way for the worldwide adulation of the man and a large statue to be erected to honour him after his death.

Spooky huh? That was written at a time when everyone in the world was still high on Obama yet I wrote in a past tense as if a writer was remembering that this guy was written off as being inherently bad at his job and hated. Now, a year and a half year later there aren't many who like Obama.

Some might say "meh, who cares, pointless thread" but I just stumbled on this and thought it was a pretty cool and yet weird correlation.
edit on 13/10/2011 by curious7 because: got the year wrong

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It doesn't make any sense to me...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think that's pretty cool! I like to find stuff I write or draw later on and seems that some stuff does happen when I write some science fiction or "hacker-esque" story.

link   

I dont get it... It makes no sense at all.

link   
dp
edit on 13-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How does it make no sense exactly?

I wrote a piece of fiction as if the biographer in my fiction was struggling to finish a book about a monster that spent less than a year in a fictional wrestling promotion and ended up being worshipped with a religion based about that monster that became bigger than Christianity.

This particular section of a paragraph was looking back on how the general population of the world saw Jesus Christ and Barack Obama as being con merchants who were worshipped for a while until the reality of how poor they actually were as people and in their jobs (mostly Obama on that jobs part).

I'm bringing it up on ATS because I wrote this last spring when the whole world was still in love with Obama and he could do no wrong and how right now in October 2011, most of the world sees him as unfit for the job and a horrible President.

It'd be like someone writing in 1993 a piece of fiction in a past tense sense as if writing as someone from 2007 how much of a womanising adulterer Bill Clinton was and then years later we find out about the affair with Monica Lewinski.

Do I need to use smaller words to help people understand? I'm glad one person sees it and thanks for that, that's indeed why I posted this coincidence.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The majority of the people complaining about Obama today, we're complaining about him in April 2010.
You didn't predict anything. I hope you're not trying to fool yourself, or others, into thinking that.

ust as there were people discrediting the life and work of Barack Obama

This was going on mere months after he was elected. That Birth Certificate junk went on for a long time.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Count two that see it.

If that statue comes true though, I want to see the rest of your work...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hahaha that would be awesome if the statue became true I would definitely come back to this post!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The majority of the people complaining about Obama today, we're complaining about him in April 2010.
You didn't predict anything. I hope you're not trying to fool yourself, or others, into thinking that.

ust as there were people discrediting the life and work of Barack Obama

This was going on mere months after he was elected. That Birth Certificate junk went on for a long time.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

First off, maybe on ATS people were complaining about him but the rest of the sane world weren't.

Not claiming any prediction at all, just mere coincidence that I got a kick out of.

I don't believe in the Birth Certificate crap or the Birther movement.

Haven't you got some Jews to blame elsewhere on the forums?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Count two that see it.

If that statue comes true though, I want to see the rest of your work...

Haha, yeah, don't know where any of that came from (the statue or anything else, I just write free form and then read back what I typed when I've finished when I do things like creative writing or work on books), just stream of consciousness.

If the statue does come true, I want an invite to the unveiling ceremony

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

First off, maybe on ATS people were complaining about him but the rest of the sane world weren't.
Fox News and the republicans were sure complaining about him. And they are the same ones complaining now, it's the not whole world that's complaining like you say. It's just the republicans have gotten much louder.

Not claiming any prediction at all, just mere coincidence that I got a kick out of.
It's in the prediction forum.
I don't believe in the Birth Certificate crap or the Birther movement.
That doesn't mean it wasn't an issue when you wrote your story. Because it was.
Haven't you got some Jews to blame elsewhere on the forums?
Whoa, what the heck is up with this comment?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I gave ya a flag just cause I like your creativity and also what you said about bush was rather... Curious! What if thst one comes true?? Keep up the imaginative writing
You could make a name for yourself if the world doesn't implode in the next 2-5-10 yrs! Is this something you did in your free time to entertain yourself? Or is there a group of people or a website where you can have rp "matches" against eachother? I find jt very interesting

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join