It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We fabricated drug charges against innocent people to meet arrest quotas, former detective testifies

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
drug charges against innocent people to meet arrest quotas...not surprised. It happens in every place with law enforcement..No cop is a good cop..So stay away from them if you don't want to be in jail, don't think they wont lock you up..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by boncho
Does anyone else think there is something fundamentally wrong with there being "quotas" on things like this?

Police, ideal wise, should be meant to protect the public and make society more civil through public mediation. Not meet their monthly arrest targets....

The reason there's an arrest quota in the first place, is because many police departments need a way to justify their existence. If the city is crime-free, what do we need cops for? Basically the more crime there is, the more cops are needed, the more funding they receive. There are quotas for traffic tickets as well.

As we know, cops have a certain protective 'brotherhood' among them. They don't rat each other out, they cover up each other's mistakes or intentional breach of law, and they basically disown any cop who comes out with the truth. Certain police departments that have these quotas in place will do unethical things in order to keep their jobs safe from elimination.

I'll give you an example. If you have a cop in the family, you might be the recipient of a certain sticker you place on your drivers license. When you break the law (let's say you were speeding or talking on your phone) and you are pulled over, you hand the cop your license, and when he sees the sticker on your license he will not give you a ticket. I know someone with this sticker. He was pulled over by a cop and handed him his license. When the cop saw the sticker, he almost flipped. It was obvious the cop REALLY wanted to nail him for speeding, and the frustration was very apparent. He started yelling and questioning him about who he knew in what police department, and wanted to know the other cop's name. In the end the cop didn't give him a ticket. He let him go, but believe you me.... had that sticker not been on his license, he was gonna get fined pretty good. This cop from a completely different police department 80 miles away wasn't willing to break this secret cop code of conduct!!!
edit on 13-10-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

Good to see people still getting stars for flat out making # up....

Why the hell would I make that up? Are you serious? Just because you never heard of it doesn't make it false or "made up". Look at my post history. I'm not one to make stuff up to get stars.
I've seen the sticker, I know the source, and the source is trustworthy. Obviously this isn't something that will be advertised, as it is illegal to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
The first thing that comes to mind is why in the heck is there a "quota" for putting people in jail. I would think they would aim for a quota more along the lines of a crime free city.

The reason why is simple: money.

From the police officer making the arrest, to everybody in the police station, to the judge at the trial, and the bailiff and everybody else in the court, to the guards and wardens in private prisons designed to make money from incarcerating people, NONE of them get paid unless they arrest, fine and jail people. If people are too afraid to commit crimes, then they have no choice but to falsify reasons to arrest people.

Why are there private prisons? Because the regular prisons are overcrowded. Why are they overcrowded? To make money.

It all comes back to making money. Nobody from the police to the judge to the warden actually CREATES anything. Instead they survive as a leech does, sucking the very blood out of the American people's veins, and not to mention the greenbacks out of our wallets and purses.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"A government, for protecting business only, is but a carcass, and soon falls by its own corruption and decay". Amos Bronson Alcott (November 29, 1799 – March 4, 1888).

We have corruption on the local level, on the state level, on the national level and on the international level. Corruption corrupts absolutely.

How many stories must we read? Ten? One hundred? Ten Thousand? Well let me be the first to let you know that there are many more cases than that. And they take place now just like they did a thousand years ago.
This is a downhill road and at some point there is no return.

We lock up the innocent for monetary gain. This is your politically correct. Take a good hard look at it.

Here is an example of our future:
Human Trafficking is currently valued at over US$32 billion per year. It’s one of the fastest growing business models in the criminal world. Such a dark road we travel.

It’s going to take every man woman and child to bring this atrocity to a stop and it all begins with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join