It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Protester Wants College Paid For Because That's What He Wants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

The OWS protests dont want handouts ... they want and end to the corperate owned goverment and media. I dont cared what this one person randomly said.

So they want to change government...but they don't want to become political.

And what exactly is their solution to people being successful and making money???

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Amazing the sense of entitlement these idiots claim.

So the government is supposed to provide you with free health care and free education. What else? They supposed to provide you with a free house, free car and free groceries as well?

That's why people don't take these idiots seriously.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

they want and end to the corporate owned government and media

what exactly is their solution to people being successful and making money???

So you believe successful corporations should control the government and media?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why are we doing this for people who don't belong here and not for the people that are citizens?

Why did someone get a $40,000 dollar education and really cannot afford it.

I think that it is time to get off of the high horses people. Community schools are alot cheaper.

I hate to break it to some of you, but the fed paid my way through two years . This is one thing I appreciate from "them."

I'm working on it.

The education is free......The student loans are not... Trust me, I know

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Either you are behind layer upon layer of stupidity, actually Rush Limbaugh, or someone paid to post opinions on the net, bye.

Why do you always attack personally instead of making a relevant point?
I understand the facts I presented you is like a slap in the face with logic & common sense but just because you cannot refute them in a meaningful way is no reason for you to throw out personal attacks.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Civil war will happen in this country before any politician saves it.

Civil war will happen in this country before "we the people" come together, completely, for any cause.

We dislike eachother too much, for too many reasons.

Too many sides - too many people - too many opinions.

The Georgia Guidestones are correct.

Civil war.

(In my -yet another- opinion)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The government....no.

The media...I don't care...they are FREE to do what they want. I'm not a big fan of taking away people's free speech...are you?

But if you want to change the GOVERNMENT...then you have to become POLITICAL. What other solution do you have if OWS doesn't want to become political???

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

when America had character like mine we became the wealthiest most powerful most educated country in the world

your way has whats drug us down to disparity.

i do love how you always have to make every post personal seen your kind many times before many have tried and many are not around today for that reason.

i suggest a read of ats terms and conditions or keep at it and see what glory awaits.
edit on 13-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What in the 50's?

When the tax rate was 90%?

Tell me when you are talking about neo.

Being small is the best way to suit your apparent world view

You spit the most acidic of venom and are able to keep it PC, good for you.

edit on 14-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Jezus

The government....no.

The media...I don't care...they are FREE to do what they want. I'm not a big fan of taking away people's free speech...are you?

The key is to understand the connection between the two.

But if you want to change the GOVERNMENT...then you have to become POLITICAL. What other solution do you have if OWS doesn't want to become political???

Everything is political.

The problem is that the real power is on Wall Street rather than in DC.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by GringoViejo

College education is a privilege not a right.

Some people don't understand that concept.

So what makes the 13 years of education prior any different?

The only difference is tradition, if college education was coming in
1776 or even in 1876, you would not even be making this argument
and Americans would be one of the most well educated nations on
the planet.

The common sense of it all is another story.

Asking people to go extremely deep into debt before they establish an
income, sounds like the fiscal sense is completely vacant from the
conservative camp on this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Nice try to compare now to the 50s especially when there were less people in this country the dollar was worth more than it is and there was nowhere near the level of entitlement mentality or spending levels and we had an industrial base where more people were producing than consuming.

Yeah i smell a Rat a clueless one that just can't seem to pound into his head to stop making this personal dude get over yourself.
edit on 14-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Nice try to compare now to the 50s especially when there were less people in this country the dollar was worth more than it is and there was nowhere near the level of entitlement mentality or spending levels and we had an industrial base where more people were producing than consuming.

So tell me what time period you are talking about neo

This economy isn't working any more because conservatives believe the lie
that a strong economy starts at the top, all for the benefit of billionaires,
that is why there is such an imbalance neo.

Did the 50% tax rate make all the rich people leave America back then neo?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
BAH! I probably don't have a very popular opinion on this...so flame away if you must.

This idea of entitlement that the younger generations have is what is bankrupting everyone. They WANT WANT WANT rather than NEED...and if they don't get it they protest, tantrum, stomp feet and slam doors. The reason so many people are struggling to make ends meet is because they're so worried about sending little Johnny to his first day of grade 4 in $160 nikes...rather than paying their utilities or putting food on the table. So out the door goes your "entitled" kid to school in his expensive shoes, laptop under one arm, itouch in his other hand...OH and don't forget his blackberry....and $4 for pizza day. That is the reason we have to have two income families...to keep up with the Joneses and their kids...not because of inflation or bankers or whatever other reason people are screaming about. Stop buying things you can't afford. Stop buying your kids brand name clothing and for heaven's sake STOP giving them everything they want!!!!

Get a student loan like the rest of us did. When things are handed over freely there is absolutely no respect for it. Post secondary education institutions would be overrun with kids with nothing better to do, not concerned about their grades or their future. When you have to work for it, or pay it back..you bust your ass making it work. If we start paying for everyone's college/university education then everyone will be crying the blues about how much HIGHER our taxes are to cover those costs.

My son that's great at sports doesn't even bother to try anymore because the other kids that (sorry to say it) SUCK at the same sport get the exact same trophy he does at the end of the year. Why are we teaching the next generations that they don't have to put in hard work to earn great things? WE WE WEEEEEE are the downfall of our future...not the government or the bankers....

Michelle

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

the planet.

On this same line of thinking...then we should just hand over free money to anyone that wants to start up a business? Regardless of how poorly that business might do. Because it would make no sense for a small business owner to invest any of his own time and money and become indebted before his business takes off....

Michelle

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I really don't get these protesters.

They want bigger government, more regulation, higher taxes, free stuff provided to them and they wonder why they are unemployed.

What they want is what's actually causing the problems. The sheeple there need to think for themselves instead of listening to all the liberal/progressive propaganda.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Things that people are waking up to...

How's this for the New Normal?

Our income has fallen since the new millennium began and it isn't expected to catch up until 2021, according to a Wall Street Journal survey of economists' forecasts.

And in bad news for students, not even a college degree is going to help much, some of the 50 economists surveyed believe. Only people with advanced degrees will see any meaningful increase in their standard of living.

The current generation of college graduates will only see a higher standard of living if "they get graduate degrees and are willing to give up a lot of free time," Diane Swonk of Mesirow Financial told the Wall Street Journal.

msnbc.com
edit on 14-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
BAH! I probably don't have a very popular opinion on this...so flame away if you must.

This idea of entitlement that the younger generations have is what is bankrupting everyone. They WANT WANT WANT rather than NEED...and if they don't get it they protest, tantrum, stomp feet and slam doors. The reason so many people are struggling to make ends meet is because they're so worried about sending little Johnny to his first day of grade 4 in $160 nikes...rather than paying their utilities or putting food on the table. So out the door goes your "entitled" kid to school in his expensive shoes, laptop under one arm, itouch in his other hand...OH and don't forget his blackberry....and $4 for pizza day. That is the reason we have to have two income families...to keep up with the Joneses and their kids...not because of inflation or bankers or whatever other reason people are screaming about. Stop buying things you can't afford. Stop buying your kids brand name clothing and for heaven's sake STOP giving them everything they want!!!!

Get a student loan like the rest of us did. When things are handed over freely there is absolutely no respect for it. Post secondary education institutions would be overrun with kids with nothing better to do, not concerned about their grades or their future. When you have to work for it, or pay it back..you bust your ass making it work. If we start paying for everyone's college/university education then everyone will be crying the blues about how much HIGHER our taxes are to cover those costs.

My son that's great at sports doesn't even bother to try anymore because the other kids that (sorry to say it) SUCK at the same sport get the exact same trophy he does at the end of the year. Why are we teaching the next generations that they don't have to put in hard work to earn great things? WE WE WEEEEEE are the downfall of our future...not the government or the bankers....

Michelle

Why are WEEE encouraging a huge amount of debt before kids have a viable
income? Doesn't sound like the way responsible people live their lives, way
beyond their means.

But we continue to encourage it as a welcome to the real world, huh?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Originally posted by mastahunta

the planet.

On this same line of thinking...then we should just hand over free money to anyone that wants to start up a business? Regardless of how poorly that business might do. Because it would make no sense for a small business owner to invest any of his own time and money and become indebted before his business takes off....

Michelle

So tell me Michele, why do we pay for 13 years of education that is good for barely above minimum
wage positions? When 4 more years will create tens of millions more high wage earners each decade.

In the end we are not talking about business, we are talking about society and the longevity
of our country.

In other schools they offer university and trade school, or they can drop out.

But my point is, why pay for 13 years of education that yield little returns and then
artificially decide that the important leg of education is exotic?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Because it benefits everyone. Having an educated people should be the #1 goal of any 'free' society.

I went to college for 7 years, and my education never benefited anyone but me and my family. Knowing that, I don't want to fork out my money for everyone else to go to college.

Like I said before, free education is a great concept, but the sacrifices needed in order to accomplish that aren't going to be made.

Ask americans "Do you want free college"
America responds "YEAH! WOOOHOOO!"
Tell them "Alright, but we have to raise taxes in order to provide for everyone."
America responds "BOOO! GET OFF MY LAWN!"

One thing is for sure, they'll yell something.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Stop suggesting community college. Community college is for associates degrees, not bachelor's so if this kid wants a better job he would have to go to another college anyways. Sometimes the community colleges credit does not transfer. This happens a lot, many kids have to re-take classes if they want the bachelor's, so community colleges are pointless if you want more than a associates.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join