It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of being a slave to a endless machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
I believe he has reached the first step of freedom by realizing we are slaves.
As each of us experience this we do one less thing.
The Machine to exist needs every cog turning.

depends on which machine we are talking about here... if its your body then yes indeed most if not all "cogs" need to turn for you to function properly, however if it is society, i can say this if you are not a turning "cog" you will be crushed by the gears..

This is more where im coming from with society and now i kinda hear what people have been saying all along but some how i missed the bus

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i've actually been thinking the same things. i go to work because i must earn money. does it make me happy? no. do i have a life outside work? no. Is money tjat important to do something i dislike for the rest of my life that basically gets me nowhere? am i alive to work? what's the point? i'm really asking myself this question especially since im living at mum and dads already. i have not been out of a job for the last 10 years and my life has regressed in nature.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sherlock2k2

Guess what. We all had been doing that for about 50.000 years. So we have external evolution, biological and techological...but zero psychological evolution... zero!! We are repeating the same endless pattern over and over... with no end. Somehow we manage to see others as separate beings and that´s simply not the case psychological speaking. That´s why everyone of us suffer. And that´s why we are aggressive, acquisitive, competitive and so on. We create organizations religions, and political structures in order to solve that very problem, and these structures will never ever gonna solve this problems, because are produced by a tool called human mind. Human mind has been programmed to follow patterns and structures, because human mind loves to find answers to technical problems. But the problem is human mind is the recipe of our knowledge and our experience in time-space dimension, which always will be limited. In the other hand is love, which works at another level, knows no limits and no time, and follows no patterns, and never ever create structures or organizations.
You need to realize that you are the rest of the humanity (this is not an intellectual thing, is very real)... you are not reparated from the rest of us... So, what you need to do is this (at least one of us)... BREAK THE PATTERN... NOW... if you don´t do it ...NOW... future, whether is tomorrow or 10.000 years from now will be exactly as now. We will have more complex social structures and more technology, but our sorrows, pain and misery will be as it is NOW.
Break the pattern... a radical change, a total inner revolution. The instant you do that, the cells of your body change (brain included), and you are changing the rest of humanity, which anyways is YOU, and I, and WE.

You must question everything, inquire. Books are just information. Use them if you want. But you must realize the truth. Truth never has been in books, or is the posession of a certain master, or guru, or religion, or spiritual path. There is no process in this, because there is no time. If you really want to do it. JUST DO IT. You!!
Now you have the weight of humanity on your shoulders, as it always was.
Remember If you don´t do it now... tomorrow will be the same.

I can not emphasize enough that this should not be intellectualized. Mind can´t understand this because works in time-space dimension in which is a very good tool. Its hard to put these concept in words but you must reach another level. A hint... ask yourself very seriously.... who I am. Its a very good pattern breaker.

edit on 13-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
While I certainly understand and agree with (for the most part) your sentiments, these are only things that bother me about my personal life. The thing that troubles me even more is that we are all stuck with living in a world filled with war, hate, fear, starvation, extreme greed, mass manipulations, misplaced values, imposed diseases (both physical and mental), and violence. And the really ridiculous thing is that WE ALL KNOW BETTER! It's really so simple, especially if we could just shake off the effects of the constant onslot from the brain washing/control machine, cleverly designed to keep us spinning in circles of confusion and division.

Repair these aspects of human society, and I believe many of the things that are bothering you will heal themselves very quickly.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The good news is once your kids grow up the State has less to blackmail you with.
Second line.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: you me what ever I was trying to say

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherlock2k2
I have awakened lately to a trap that i was born into and there really is no way to escape.
Let me put it like this...

I am just a everyday guy with a level head and living an everyday life ticking along in my own way. I am not religious really but respect the idea of religion and im not a rebel or a tree hugger but for some reason i awoke one morning recently realising a startling fact that really made me question a lot of things.

I always thought i was free to choose and although i do have a choice fundamentally my conscience has been indocterined so that i don't.

From the age of four i was told i had to go to school till i am 16 and get high grades. At the age of 16 i was told i have to have a good job and work till im 65. At the age of 65 i will now be told that i cant retire till im near 70.

Some other things I must comply with....

That if i marry i can never divorce
That i must behave a particular way.
That if i work i must pay taxes
That if i work i must pay healthcare
That if i work i must pay into a state pension even though its a high possibility i wont receive any back
That i must also take a private pension because of the above.
That i must wear a seat Belt.
That i must not be racist.
That i must not have an opinion about anything or anyone.
That i must not offend anybody.
That i must not eat this or eat that.
That i must not drink this or that or not to much.
That i must exercise continuously.
That basically if i fail any of the above i am a burden to society in one shape or another.

To me now i cant even work out in theory if i am actually living my life or am i a means to an end for some endless machine.

By the way im not a depressive or anything just a realist
lol
edit on 13-10-2011 by sherlock2k2 because: (no reason given)

The game of life.... Play by the rules, or accept the reality of the consequences. Why must there be so many society imposed consequences? Really.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Ok, no worries.
Just kind of seemed like you were mad that you couldn't be a racist!
It's all good Sherlock!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
No, you don't have to do anything. You can do anything you like. It's just that there are consequences for your actions. This is simple physics.

For every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction....

It has noting to do with waking up or being asleep. The laws of the universe do not change.

But like I said, you can go out and rob a bank if you want, right now. But there will be a consequence.

You can quit work, but there will be a consequence.

No one can force you to do any of the things you talked about, but there is a consequence for every choice in life, good bad or otherwise.

Well, yes, the problem with your theory is that the laws of physics seem to be unchanging an universal, human laws on the other hand do change and are far from universal. You speed in western europe, cameras are watching everywhere and taking photos of you and you get fined even though no one got hurt, but people will still speed. Eastern europe you speed and there's no one watching, all that happened was you enjoyed the speed. You get stopped by police you give them some money, they're happy, you're happy. That's what I call an "equal but opposite reaction".

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

That i must wear a seat Belt.

Well if you can't see the logic in wearing a seat belt then good luck in life.

What next
That I must not drink and drive?

I should have the right to risk my own life if i choose!!!
I made it thru 40years without wearing a seatbelt. (thru several accidents of which only one was i the driver
Its the insurance companys that got that passed. Wouldn`t want to have to pay a claim if somebody gets hurt.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I feel the exact same way...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

This is how our system of civilization functions which dates back to the Roman Empire.

The Romans conquered the Germans and immediately began taxing them. This inevitably lead the Germans to revolt paying these taxes to the Roman occupiers and forcing them out or Germany.

Even our society today is paid for by our income taxes and what the govt. does is borrow against our projected tax revenues into the future. This is why we are now being told that our retirement days are now further and further into the future.

And also as to why the govt. continues to borrow more and more as well as accumulating more and more debt.

As long as there are taxpayers paying the interest on the debt, and paying the social security for the elderly then the system moves right along with the working class becoming poorer by the day, whereas the wealthy who don't pay income taxes, because of the nature of their income become wealthier by the day.

Whether you are in the UK or the USA....or any British designed system of govt, it all functions the same. .

The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

This is how our system of civilization functions which dates back to the Roman Empire.

The Romans conquered the Germans and immediately began taxing them. This inevitably lead the Germans to revolt paying these taxes to the Roman occupiers and forcing them out or Germany.

Even our society today is paid for by our income taxes and what the govt. does is borrow against our projected tax revenues into the future. This is why we are now being told that our retirement days are now further and further into the future.

And also as to why the govt. continues to borrow more and more as well as accumulating more and more debt.

As long as there are taxpayers paying the interest on the debt, and paying the social security for the elderly then the system moves right along with the working class becoming poorer by the day, whereas the wealthy who don't pay income taxes, because of the nature of their income become wealthier by the day.

Whether you are in the UK or the USA....or any British designed system of govt, it all functions the same. .

The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

i honestly dont know what to say anymore.. your right! class and caste systems seem almost the same. all this SH** is very confusing, when you really start think about it. Its all absurd, intrestingly the bible says The fear of God, is wisdom. It also says, Gods wisdom is the foolish, mans, folly.. so im left with two choices, its all absurd, or there is a meaning(which means God), i honestly dont know which one to choose, my intellect is in conflict.
edit on 15-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hi sher,

You have freedom if you want it.

We can all be free.

I have this angel, Ezekiel, who visited me - he told me to tell everyone that Jesus is real, so I am telling you that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join