It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is heaven. Failure to acknowledge this makes it no less so ♣

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A Man opens his front door to a New morning as the sunlight flickers across his face as he steps out into a brand new day, the man continues to walk down the street with no negative thought gracing his brain as his continues to witness the Autumn trees and the Miraculous colors that unfold before him.
At that moment another man who cannot help but be negative as the world closes in around him makes and offhand comment to the first man about the way he dresses therefore destroying the perfect morning in the first mans head.

Unfortunately this sort of things happens all the time; the result our Heaven is destroyed over and over because some cant see the world the way others do, not because the man is evil but because he has come to observe things in a different light to the other man because of the indifferent way his life has unfolded.

However if All our lives were perfect in a way that we bore no negative feelings to others Plus many other factors that would require either the greatest theorist years to comprehend or the best of man seconds to understand Maybe this would and or could even could be the heaven we all seek, However i know now we are many many years away from such sanctity but I'm someone who sees things/people for what they have the potential to be and not what they are, the overall effect of this i see the world as what it should be and not what it is.

Deluded i know , but at least in an artistic way

Your Friend as always,

~Ted
edit on 13/10/11 by TedHodgson because: Because Ted cannot spell.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"The Kingdom of God is within man"
Hmm. Ive thought about what you have said, but i pushed it away, cause THAT would seem like im crazy. Hahaha but no doubt you are a vigilant thinker.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

tou·ché

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

There's another other nother post in the religious section about heaven too, but not from the philosophical standpoint.

In regards to Heaven, whether that heaven is philosophical or physical, heaven is better if it can be had and left.
Permanent heaven is boring and would totally suck after awhile.
Without contrast, it's like staring at your favorite color for eternity, or eating your favorite meal forever, over and over again without change.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It does happen all the time. Rather than share an experience with someone we have to take that person's experience away so they can feel as miserable as the "experience thief". I have many encounters like this with people I know and people I don't. This life is one big swirling ball of chaos and until we can break through to the next life nothing will change. There will always be good and there will always be evil.I like staying on the peaceful/ loving side. It's a lot more fun and a lot less stressful. I pray that people can share experiences with others rather than destroy them. S+F.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If this world is supposed to be everybody's heaven, i hate to see what hell looks like.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

There's another other nother post in the religious section about heaven too, but not from the philosophical standpoint.

In regards to Heaven, whether that heaven is philosophical or physical, heaven is better if it can be had and left.
Without contrast, it's like staring at your favorite color for eternity, or eating your favorite meal forever, over and over again without change.

"I would rather spend a lifetime on earth, than an eternity in heaven"

I cant remember who quoted that, but yeah you're quite right there

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Its the place you go in your head when you cant envision heaven

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
At that moment another man who cannot help but be negative as the world closes in around him makes and offhand comment to the first man about the way he dresses therefore destroying the perfect morning in the first mans head.

I just want to point out that the first man has the option of discounting and releasing what Mr. Negative says and continuing to have his 'heavenly' morning.

Unfortunately this sort of things happens all the time; the result our Heaven is destroyed over and over because some cant see the world the way others do...

Your "heaven" is not destroyed unless YOU permit it to be. Heaven is not destroyed by other people who don't know how to think about life. You allow it to be destroyed by reacting to what someone else says.

You do have a choice in how you react.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

All down to Choice really isn't it although those who make the wrong choices tend to influence those trying to make the correct ones

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Unfortunately this sort of things happens all the time; the result our Heaven is destroyed over and over because some cant see the world the way others do, not because the man is evil but because he has come to observe things in a different light to the other man because of the indifferent way his life has unfolded.

Your Friend as always,

Sounds more like Hell to me... Constantly having your happy little world destroyed and torn apart.

That said, I don't think people are capable of living up to their fullest. People have always focused on negatives and we will for a very long time.

I would buy more into the " You've got to go to hell before you get to heaven" idea.

That is, if I believed in either

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

After I smoke a fat blunt and do what you said I do feel like I am in heaven... but if I just do it normally without the blunt I feel like I am in a craphole that is called earth

The same works if you replace the blunt with a good amount of alcohol.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What if the first man were sickly, physically disabled or mentally impaired? Would this still be heaven for him? What about good people who live in impoverished or war torn lands? The OP is a wonderful thought but not realistic IMO.

If you have a bank account you are wealthier than 98% of the world even if there is only a dollar in it. Do you think those masses think this is heaven?

I'm not trying to bash here. Just some food for thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is not Heaven. Not in anyway. Not because of conflicting polarities of thought, but because this is Earth.
Why would we need to seek the Kingdom of God if we were already there ?
But even this planet was obviously meant to be a paradise.
Sorry OP, but this world is temporarry. It's not anything God wanted for mankind. It will meet it's end someday
and then, the world that was interupted by this one will resume. A world where the Creator and the creation share
a relationship. This isn't heaven, but the Earth still has all her potential for paradise.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wonderful post. Sadly though we are human and flawed. We must live in reality whether we wish to or not. We can dream. Have a great day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

It all depends on how heaven or paradise is defined, no?

Before tossing it away as no good simply because it's an ideal of perfection (no contrast with badness, ugliness, incivilty and the like), perhaps we might want to stop and at least give it consideration..?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I liked your post. I did some heavy research on heaven from the Biblical standpoint a few months ago. This is what I came up with.

I would challenge you to read the context of heaven form the bible using a search of the word. LINK In each case, heaven is the place up there. It is the heavens above; space and the universe. The heaven you are referring to is our place above the mortal coil of existence where our kingdom is located. Not actually a place but a state. God's kingdom is ruled by law and love.

All life has a domain. Fish have their kingdom and birds have theirs. Man is the only creature that is not restricted to a kingdom other than space. The Bible says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God (Heavens). Our kingdom is here on earth and within our bodies. If we travel to space, we must take earth with us to survive. The kingdom we occupy in the body is set to restricted domains. The next body we receive will be a glorified body that can traverse the universe (Kingdom of God). Our body is 50 trillion cells making up our unique kingdom to command and move. Each cell is a kingdom.

Here is where I went with this thought. We do not actually produce a kingdom other than what we can produce from all the other domains by our consciousness. The kingdom we receive at birth (earth / body) is not produced by us. We can only think and move. That's all we do. We can produce kingdoms and domains by creating like God created, but we do not do anything to produce the kingdoms produced by God in nature. We are only a conscious soul driving a kingdom in a domain. We can make our own heaven or hell with our abilities to think and move. God's kingdom in the universe is his creation. We must learn to control our kingdom here before we are admitted into God's kingdom beyond the material realm. Loving God and loving others is the key. Luke 10

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If we have no hope and spirit of optimism for a better world, then are we not ah, part of the problem?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by randyvs

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If we have no hope and spirit of optimism for a better world, then are we not ah, part of the problem?

What I wrote provides no hope for a better world ? Yes we are the problem. So much so we don't deserve a better world. If you can't see that it's actually the heart of man that needs to change ? Then that's not being realistic.
I said the world that was meant will someday resume. What more do you want New ?
What I'm talking about is, the best world this planet could possibly house.
"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" I believe is a hopeful prayer that acknowledges Gods will for man is better for man than mans will is for man.

edit on 13-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this, it was so beautifully written! It reminds me of 2 quotes I wrote down a few weeks ago, one is from a song I heard - "It's the same world, honey, that has brought you down, as the one that will pick you up." and the other is from an article I read - "What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."

I, too, see all the lovely creatures of Earth not for what they are or have done, but for what they can and still may achieve.

Also, just to be a geek, I would like to share a Chinese parable that I find pertinent to your message - "One day an elephant saw a hummingbird lying on its back with its tiny feet up in the air. 'What are you doing?' asked the elephant. The hummingbird replied, 'I heard that the sky might fall today, and so I am ready to help hold it up, should it fall.' The elephant laughed cruelly. 'Do you really think,' he said, 'that those tiny feet could help hold up the sky?' The hummingbird kept his feet up in the air, intent on his purpose, as he replied, 'Not alone. But each must do what he can. And this is what I can do.'"

Much love to you and all,
OnewithAll
edit on 13-10-2011 by onewithall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join