It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Occupy FDA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It really is a simple question. Why not Occupy FDA?

Considering the overwhelming amounts of threads posted on ATS about the FDA shutting down and silencing researchers and doctors with Cancer cures.....

Cancer Cure Kept Hidden! FDA tried to have Info Shut Down!
Doctor Cures Cancer – Gets Charged By The FDA 5 Different Times

Considering how the FDA is out to interrupt your mass supplementation....

RED ALERT: FDA Set to Ban Your Supplements

FDA plans to reclassify all vitamins, supplements, herbs and juices
FDA unleashes end game scheme to outlaw virtually all dietary supplements

Considering how the FDA and Monsanto are obviously in bed together...

$$ Monsanto Truth $$ - USDA, FDA and EPA favor corporations
Feds Approve Monsanto Herbicide-Resistant Crops
FDA Barring Food Makers from Advertising Products as GMO-Free
Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry

Considering how the FDA keeps shutting down dairy farmers...

Feds Stop Amish From Selling Milk
Raw milk battle Reveals FDA Abandonment of Basic Human Right To Choose Your Food!
Don't take my Milk & Cheese! Rally for Food and Farm Freedom in DC

Really! Where is the uproar? Obviously, ATS has a strong opinion about the food and drug police... so where's the outrage? Are these legit reasons to protest? Should it just be ignored...or are there other reasons that warrant a protest?
edit on 13-10-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We need to Occupy the Root of all these problems, because cutting off branches on the NWO tree doesn't do anything more than pruning the dead stuff.

The FDA, EPA, IRS, CIA, FBI, NSA, UFOs, it's all crap that needs to be flushed down the drain and revamped. Corruption starts from the top and trickles it's way down. The only thing holding these organizations up at the top is us below, if we stopped holding them up they'd all crash down.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
it'd be more beneficial than wall street...

what good is $20/hr wage if each of those dollars are worthless and the only thing to spend them on is GMO and other poisons.

if your dead in 5 years they just get it all back.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Really! Where is the uproa?. Obviously, ATS has a strong opinion about the food and drug police... so where's the outrage? Are these legit reasons to protest? Should it just be ignored...or are there other reasons that warrant a protest?

I would like to think that the vast majority of ATS members are far more proactive than a protestor is. I would like to think, rather than frothing at the mouth and helplessly protesting injustice, the vast majority of the members in this site will just practice that good ol' American Spirit known as non-acquiescence. The FDA has no lawful authority to tell us how we sustain ourselves, and instead of protesting, the genuine movers and shakers are just growing their own food and making their own determinations on what food they will and will not eat, in spite of what the FDA, or any rogue judge may say.

Sure, by doing this maybe at some point, a few individuals will have to confront the "long arm of the color of law", but protestors across the nation are all ready dealing with that colorful long arm now. Individually, they can coerce and harass us, but united we are immeasurable in our power. I am not arguing united in some show up en masse and pump your fists and get really mad type of united, I mean a quiet, non combative, resolve between individuals to fight the good fight, and like the ghost of Tom Joad, whenever a fellow free person is unlawfully injured by these thug administrative agencies, both physical and spiritual support from those united rallies around the individual being targeted by the criminal administrative agencies.

Physical as in financial support for whatever legal defense fund need be established, and spiritual and philosophical as in emotional support for those on the front line in the constant battle for freedom.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I'm not advocating this, mind you. I'm simply asking why nobody on ATS is pissed...is all.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

I'm not advocating this, mind you. I'm simply asking why nobody on ATS is pissed...is all.

Plenty are pissed. Not everyone is as whiny and pouty as protestors are. Some are more interested in resolving the problem rather than just complain about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Plenty are pissed. Not everyone is as whiny and pouty as protestors are. Some are more interested in resolving the problem rather than just complain about it.

Protesting is sure better than sitting on your ass doing nothing. At least if you had a large crowd protesting this would wake up more people, which could led to a positive change in the future.
Most people today don't even know how corrupted the FDA is and believe they even are here for our well being when they are in fact for the big corp.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This seems to fit, but just an economic protest against Pharmaceutical, not regulation and policy.

Groton, CT and New London, CT

Protesters to target Pfizer today

By JC Reindl

Publication: The Day
Published 10/13/2011 12:00 AM
Updated 10/13/2011 04:44 PM

www.theday.com/article/20111013/NWS01/310139427/1018

Hartford - Riding the spreading wave of anti-Wall Street fervor, a group of left-wing demonstrators are planning a "vigil" today outside Pfizer Inc.'s Groton campus to protest government subsidies for corporations.

The "vigil for the middle class," scheduled to start at 1 p.m. near the firm's Eastern Point Road entrance, is organized by Connecticut Working Families, a political coalition of community groups, labor unions and activists.

The demonstrators say they are targeting Pfizer because the pharmaceutical giant accepted tens of millions of dollars in local and state subsidies to grow in New London, and then opted to abandon the city and eventually ship 400 more jobs to Cambridge, Mass. from Groton and other locations.

"As soon as the money is gone, the jobs go," Working Families spokesman Joe Dinkin said Wednesday. "This goes to show that these corporate handouts aren't creating lasting jobs."

The planned demonstration comes at a time when offshoots of the Occupy Wall Street movement are popping up throughout the country and in several Connecticut cities, including New London, New Haven and Hartford.

(...)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Protesting is sure better than sitting on your ass doing nothing. At least if you had a large crowd protesting this would wake up more people, which could led to a positive change in the future.

Most people today don't even know how corrupted the FDA is and believe they even are here for our well being when they are in fact for the big corp.

My neighbors dog regularly wakes me up with his barking protest, this doesn't give me any clue as to what the hell the dog's problem is. The "Occupy" crowd seem to be demonstrating the same sort of barking, waking up people who still have no idea, only now they're annoyed at all the barking dogs.

Most people think "civil rights" is a sacred cow. Most people think rights can only come from government. Most people think legislation is law. I sometimes wonder if these people think they can homestead and grow fruitful crops on a map, while they drive the word describing a tractor, and smoke pictures of cigarettes wondering why they cannot placate their nicotine addiction.

Waking these people up means accepting responsibility for that action. Assuming just simply waking them is all that is needed sets up failure as the most likely outcome

People will wake up when they are ready to wake up, individually and each at their own pace. The notion of a mass consciousness evolving to higher awareness is naive. More times than not, when people surrender their thought to a collective consciousness, things go horribly awry. Collective consciousness tends to produce events such as The Reign of Terror

The Reign of Terror (5 September 1793, to 28 July 1794) (the latter is date 9 Thermidor, year II of the French Revolutionary Calendar),[1] also known simply as The Terror (French: la Terreur), was a period of violence that occurred after the onset of the French Revolution, incited by conflict between rival political factions, the Girondins and the Jacobins, and marked by mass executions of "enemies of the revolution." Estimates vary widely as to how many were killed, with numbers ranging from 16,000 to 40,000; in many cases, records were not kept or, if they were, they are considered likely to be inaccurate. The guillotine (called the "National Razor") became the symbol of the revolutionary cause, strengthened by a string of executions: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, the Girondins, Philippe Égalité (Louis Philippe II, Duke of Orléans) and Madame Roland, as well as many others, such as pioneering chemist Antoine Lavoisier, lost their lives under its blade.

A less known moment of collective madness is The Hartlepool Monkey Incident:

The monkey-hanging legend is the most famous story connected with Hartlepool. During the Napoleonic Wars a French ship was wrecked off the Hartlepool coast.

The fishermen of Hartlepool fearing an invasion kept a close watch on the French vessel as it struggled against the storm but when the vessel was severely battered and sunk they turned their attention to the wreckage washed ashore. Among the wreckage lay one wet and sorrowful looking survivor, the ship's pet monkey dressed to amuse in a military style uniform.

The fishermen apparently questioned the monkey and held a beach-based trial. Unfamiliar with what a Frenchman looked like they came to the conclusion that this monkey was a French spy and should be sentenced to death. The unfortunate creature was to die by hanging, with the mast of a fishing boat (a coble) providing a convenient gallows.

Let people wake up when they will and do what they can as individuals toward this collective endeavor of freedom, lest we become some mindless mob hanging monkeys.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Where exactly should we go to occupy FDA? Is it an specific place where a few hundreds can gather?

top topics

join