It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo: 2nd Mothman / Bat-Like Object Witnessed Over Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It was this creature here

i9.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To the people saying it's just a regular bat. The photo looks like it was taken during daylight. I'm pretty sure most bats are nocturnal.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It looks like a flying stingray to me.

It could be a giant bat I guess, hard to tell in these photos.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these sightings Pred.

I recall a documentary that came with the Mothman Prophecies DVD titled Search For The Mothman which featured Loren Coleman and mentioned sightings of the same creature around/above Chernobyl before the disaster there and also in Pennsylvania before the fourth plane crashed on 9/11. Have you heard about these alleged sightings?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thanks for the post and links.

I certainly wasn't there. However, I am quite willing to believe the narrative as written.

I think this is just the barest beginning of what is on the near horizon.

Scripture is clear about men's hearts failing them for fear in this END TIMES era.

I believe that creatures literally from hell and elsewhere under hell's direction will be flooding our reality.

The precious Blood and Name of Jesus as an injunction against them will be the only hope anyone has.

May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i loled, at both things in the picture, i would call that a funny pic

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Looks like a kite to me. Is there a park close by to where the photo was taken?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Bats don't have the wingspan to glide like that...also they are nocturnal and rarely seen during the day unless their resting place is disturbed. And you'd see more than one in that case.

Perhaps the Mothman is just visting Chicago having heard that it's known as the "Windy City" !

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This looks like a big bat to me ..But the idea of Mothman is very interesting and terrifying..There has to be something to this creature it was encountered by at least 100 people over the course of a year..But i think whats in your picture is nothing more then a bat..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

This is what I was going to say. Though I do believe they can be spotted during the day if they're rabid.I could be wrong. As for the picture,I'm thinking it is some sort of kite as well.I'm pretty certain it isn't the mothman though.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
It looks like a regular bat going about the business that bats go about.
Nothing unusual looking to me.

the other option this could possibly be, if it isn't just a bat, is a skydiver in a wingsuit. It's possible.

if it's neither of these highly probable options, then, yeah, it's probably moth man, or bigfoot, or santa clause.

Edit: good post btw. S & F
edit on 13-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

Bats are nocturnal creatures. You wont find them flying around in the daytime. This looks like a kite to me. What is that statue or sculpture or what ever in the foreground?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok a quick google of bats and their flying habits and I find that yes bats sometimes do fly in the daytime however this is usually due to illness. most likely rabies. Or food conditions are compromised leading to daytime feeding. The norm however is for all bats to fly only at night. Soooo, I still think kite.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

From where? Hell? Are we now considering this a real place? The older generations of Christians that came before thought that hell was inside the planet. Is that where these things are coming from?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I've always considered hell to be a real place.

All the more so since an OOB visit there.

Virtually All the Christians I've known in all the churches I've ever attened are utterly convinced it's a real place.

Christ actually spoke quite a lot about hell--a LOT more than most preachers do.

For some vivid narratives from others who've visited there, you could check out these narratives.

========================================

IIRC, Dr Eby was an atheist. He had cardiac arrest. He was resusitated many multple times--far more than the Dr's attending thought possible.

Every time he'd come around, he'd be screaming:

"I'M IN HELL, GET ME OUT OF HERE! I'M IN HELL, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

The primary attending physician was a former Episcopal Sunday School student long lapsed in his faith. He was more bothered and annoyed by what he considered a delusional very desperately ill man.

Finally, after the 7th or some such resusitation--in desperation--the attending Episcopal MD remembered something from long ago Sunday School and yelled back at the patient screaming about being in hell:

"OH PRAY TO JESUS AND SHUT UP!"

The man became quiet and quit yelling about hell. When he finally recovered, he had a very interesting narrative to tell as well as he became a very strong Christian:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318734962&sr=8-1

==================================

Mary K Baxter's narrative is one of the more vivid and famous:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318734742&sr=8-1-spell

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b8

For a contrast . . . this 4 year old's candid experiences visiting Heaven are wonderful. And there's a few aspects of his narrative that are UNEXPLAINABLE any other way--than his story being literally true.

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b20

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You do realize that that photo is a perspective trick ? Fruit bats do not grow to human size... Their body size varies between 20 cm and 40ish. The photo is quite misleading.

But their wingspan can be almost 5 feet, so they can look a lot bigger than their bodies actually are, too. They cover a lot of area but with little mass, much like birds.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

I'm from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. My wife and me travel into Chicago to take care of some business. On the way back we took a cruised thru my old neighborhood just to check it out and to see what has changed.

We were going down 63rd St. going west and were coming up to Pulaski Rd.

I then remembered about a giant Indian that is on the roof of this tobacco store (that's what it was when I was a kid it's something else now) on the northwest corner of 63rd and Pulaski Rd in Chicago. One time when I was a kid I was on the CTA bus going east on 63rd St. when the bus came to a stop at Pulaski. I was looking out the window and notice three teenage girls standing on the sidewalk right next to the bus. Two of the girls were pointing up at this Indian trying to show the third girl something and they all giggling. So I was wondering what they pointing and laughing at.

Well this is a creepy photo and hopefully has nothing to do with the mothman.

The creature in the picture could be a bat, and could be a flying squirrel perhaps, although I am no biologist to know for sure.

All I know is the thought of the mothman is one of the more creepy paranormal stories I have heard.

Here's a second sighting.

ufoclearinghouse.webs.com...

*We received this sighting on Wednesday, our investigators have already spoke with several of the witnesses and a full investigation is currently underway and more information will be posted as it becomes available.*

These are the events as they happened on Friday, September 30, 2011 in the area around Miller Park in the University Park neighborhood in Chicago , Illinois . Approximately 1 block from the main campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago .

Things began like any normal Friday night, I and a couple of friends were going to go out to have a few drinks at a local bar. As I got to my apartment, I jumped into the shower to start getting ready while my roommate went to her room to get ready. I finished and walked out of the bathroom to my room and started to get ready to head out for the night.

As I started to get dressed I heard my roommate scream loudly, I dropped what I was doing and ran to her room to see if she was alright. I walked in to see her cowering in the corner of her room, white as a ghost and shaking. She was babbling hysterically, saying that something was looking in at her from the window. I looked toward the window and didn’t see anything but the light coming from the other apartments across the court yard. I asked what she had seen and tried to tell her that she might have been mistaken, we live on the third floor of a five story apartment building and there is nothing outside the window but a 30 foot drop straight down to the courtyard below.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

It's called a wingsuit.

Sigh!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
unless thats Danny Devito its not a wing suit. The wingspan is larger than the body.

sigh....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If that's a guy in a wing suit he is now dead and I'm suprised his splattered remains haven't been found. He's awfully low for parachute deployal.

I have seen bats in flight and this isn't a bat, the wings are all wrong.

I don't know what it is, but I haven't seen any plausible explaination so far.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Definitely a kite.
Not getting a Mothman vibe from this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very rare bats out in daytime although if weather has been bad possible, definatley not the bat suit for flying but I would also say not mothman, maybe some sort of hang glider.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join