It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines and autism: a new scientific review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Source

For all those who've declared the autism-vaccine debate over - a new scientific review begs to differ. It considers a host of peer-reviewed, published theories that show possible connections between vaccines and autism.

The article in the Journal of Immunotoxicology is entitled Theoretical aspects of autism: Causes--A review. The author is Helen Ratajczak, surprisingly herself a former senior scientist at a pharmaceutical firm. Ratajczak did what nobody else apparently has bothered to do: she reviewed the body of published science since autism was first described in 1943. Not just one theory suggested by research such as the role of MMR shots, or the mercury preservative thimerosal; but all of them.

Ratajczak's article states, in part, that "Documented causes of autism include genetic mutations and/or deletions, viral infections, and encephalitis [brain damage] following vaccination [emphasis added]. Therefore, autism is the result of genetic defects and/or inflammation of the brain."

Another study to show the danger's of vaccinations. It is getting to the point where people are starting to see the real danger that awaits their children when vaccination time is due.

This is a very good article that show's evidence of how autism is linked with the vaccinations we freely allow kids to take that are loaded with human DNA and mercury. I still wish I had never vaccinated my children.

Any thoughts?

Pred..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
When these medical professionals get upset or frustrated because we have concerns about the "possible" hazards of vaccines when they offer them to us, THAT should raise red flags alone, no studies necessary.

The same people that told us Fluoride was beneficial, Aspartame is not harmful, and dying of cancer is totally normal, say that there are no real concerns with vaccinations, because top corporate research has found no "conclusive evidence" of danger.
Well.... I say let Darwinism do it's job and let those who are so naive and gullible get the vaccines so the Earth's human population can maintain a higher average IQ.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I havent read into this study yet, but after reading scientific studies including those funded by vaccine industry themselves i am convinced that vaccines do indeed cause alot of damage.
Take for example gardasil vaccine.. If you look at actual merck funded study then you realize they even used adjuvants in the so called placebo control group. Nearly all studies that are officially used to show them as safe has never ever checked the long term effects of vaccines and most only go weeks-month at max.
Even if serious side effects show up it is often just brushed off as something unrelated.

I think vaccines are a big part of why people are so sick today. The rates of auto immune disorders, allergy/asthma, cancer rates and so on in is way up through the roof with no real alternative explanation as to why this is happening.
Same thing with brain disorders like autism, asbergers, adhd and other learning difficulties.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This bit relates to what we discussed elsewhere - biopharmaceuticals and possibly, the presence of prions.

Ratajczak also looks at a factor that hasn't been widely discussed: human DNA contained in vaccines. That's right, human DNA. Ratajczak reports that about the same time vaccine makers took most thimerosal out of most vaccines (with the exception of flu shots which still widely contain thimerosal), they began making some vaccines using human tissue. Ratajczak says human tissue is currently used in 23 vaccines. She discusses the increase in autism incidences corresponding with the introduction of human DNA to MMR vaccine, and suggests the two could be linked. Ratajczak also says an additional increased spike in autism occurred in 1995 when chicken pox vaccine was grown in human fetal tissue.

And I totally relate to this part - when Ratajczak was asked why she was researching such a controversial topic, she said she was restricted when she was still working, but "I'm retired now - I can write what I want."
You go girl!

[

We asked Ratajczak how she came to research the controversial topic. She told us that for years while working in the pharmaceutical industry, she was restricted as to what she was allowed to publish. "I'm retired now," she told CBS News. "I can write what I want."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My 4 yr old granddaughter has autism.
I know she did not get it from vaccinations
as we could tell something was wrong
when she was just a few days old before
she received the first shot. My daughter
and I at the time talked about it
extensively. I don't know if the vaccines
cause autism in some children but
it didn't cause it in my grandchild.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Many studies indicate that vaccinations the mother receives while pregnant with the child can lead to autism.

Don't worry though, all these different studies by different organizations from all over the world that prove vaccinations are dangerous can't be correct

Just do your own independent search on the dangers of vaccines and you will find mountains of factual evidence proving that vaccines are very dangerous, especially in children.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Actually, she can say what she want, but what she writes has to pass through the peer review process.
And there's the rub, the actual paper doesn't say anything. It's filled with maybes and possibilities, but no claims are made, and she sources papers who's authors have been suspended or known to be fraudulent.
Since papers take time to be removed, that'snot so much a problem.
However, the way she's presenting herself in interview is far different from what's she's presenting in writing.
Of the one claim in the paper:

Ratajczak agrees that nobody has proven DNA causes autism; but argues nobody has shown the opposite, and scientifically, the case is still open.

Which means... squat.

This is her summary:

Integrating the data presented here, a hypothesis is that autism is the result of genetic defects, with the contributory effect of advancing age of the parents, and/or inflammation of the brain. The inflammation could be caused by a defective placenta, an immature blood- brain barrier, the immune response of the mother to a viral or bacterial infection, a premature birth, encephalitis in the child after birth, or a toxic environment. Also, intracellular pathogens could induce an immune response, resulting in neuro-inflammation, autoimmune reactions, brain injury, and autism.

Which is pretty much what the medical community has been working with. There are genetic tags, recognisable in both parents usually, of austism, or autistic traits.
As it stands, she's proposing a novel form of gene therapy in the interview to explain autism.
And if that's the case, she should be pursuing a Nobel prize, as it beat out all current work in the field.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So where is the study of all of the children
born in the last ten years that havent been vaccinated?
And whether their mother was vaccinated while they
were gestating.

That study would show whether their autism rates
are the same or lower than the vaccinated children.

If they have a lower rate of autism, than vaccines
would be a strong suspect as the cause.

If they have the same rates of autism then I will
concede vaccines dont cause autism.

Show the study or shut up vaccine industry.
edit on 13-10-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Like this one?

A Population-Based Study of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccination and Autism

Follow-up for the diagnosis of autistic disorder or another autistic-spectrum disorder began for all children on the day they reached one year of age and continued until the diagnosis of autism or an associated condition (the fragile X syndrome, Angelman's syndrome, tuberous sclerosis, or congenital rubella), emigration, death, or the end of follow-up, on December 31, 1999, whichever occurred first. The incidence-rate ratios for autistic disorder and other autistic-spectrum disorders in the group of vaccinated children, as compared with the unvaccinated group, were examined in a log-linear Poisson regression model with the use of PROC GENMOD (SAS, version 6.12).30 We treated vaccination as a time-dependent covariate. The children were assigned to the nonvaccinated group until they received the MMR vaccine. From that date, they were followed in the vaccinated group. In additional analyses, the MMR-vaccinated children were grouped according to their age at the time of vaccination, the interval since vaccination, and the calendar period when vaccination was performed.

edit on 17-10-2011 by RuneSpider because: Fixed tag.

top topics

join