It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Herman Cain's 9% ? 48% Say Good Idea? People Are Such Gullible Sheeps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Like some other posters, I find it interesting that the other Republican candidates are quick to bash Cain's idea, but are not so quick to propose an alternative.

Is Cain's plan the best tax reform possible? Probably not - but it seems clear to me that many of the complaints coming from both the Tea Party and the Occupy Wall Street folks would be addressed by meaningful tax reform that closes the loop holes and makes things more 'fair'. A lot of the rich are getting away with little or no tax because they have the resources to hide assets and make use of various tax shelters and loopholes.

If someone could actually implement a straight-forward, fair tax system, it would be a very good thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

A National Sales Tax of 9 Percent that could then be RAISED at any time ? .............No Thanks.....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
What has happend to America i once knew? look at the comments

It got intentionally dumbed down by TPTB through the school system, to make people easier to control. Oh, you thought that was just a conspiracy theory? Or something that wouldn't show its effects?

As long as people can go back to watching American Idol, they don't care. "Some guy has a plan. Let's try it." No thought applied.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

That is just a Partisan rant with links to NYT articles, meaning they are propaganda and not facts. I'd like to see the hard numbers.

I'll look at his site to see if he has the details there. I'm not going to get them here I'm sure.

Just out of curiosity, why is a Canadian trying to influence a US election and US voters? What is your interest based on?

I'm actually quite impressed by the fact Canada changed course away from an entitlement culture and the rebound of its economy. I'd hope we do the same before we end up like Europe.

Because it matters if Herman Cain wins he would start more wars, as he stated he stands by Israel

meaning they are propaganda and not facts. I'd like to see the hard numbers.

well i am seeing propaganda to against Ron paul by some who are calling him a racist and even though that was debunked 4 years ago, and Ron Paul is an hoesnt person.

Cain: So I Was Wrong About The Major Economic Crises. What Of It?

So you want someone to be your president who didnt know about the Economic Crises? yet he was a member of the feds back in the 90s?
i am surpised to see some support for cain around here.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The story about the Racist Newsletters predates Fox News. You have your history wrong. The only debunking was Paul saying himself he did not know what was in the Letters he personally signed and distributed. He never denied they existed. My take is if he signed them not knowing what was in them, is he worthy of the White House? Who knows? I'm neutral on Paul at the moment and on Cain.

Problem with Paul is he cannot beat Obama I think. I often wonder if those pushing Paul are in fact Obama supporters who think it will help Obama win?

I'm struggling with this election and don't actually like any of them enough to say who I'd vote for. Being that I'm one of those independent swing voters they talk about, I can't blindly follow a Party or a gang of groupies. I want hard facts. How about you?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

OK, you are a Paul supporter then. How much time have you spent giving honest consideration to the other candidates? You seem to be calling anyone who is not a rabid Paul supporter names (Sheep). You need solid facts to base that on or you would be a political troll of sorts.

I have nothing against Paul. I responded the way I did because I suspected you were parroting other peoples words and could not provide the details regarding Cain's plan. Groupies tend to do that and sadly groupies vote never knowing the facts, basing their vote on emotions. Sad for all of us when people do that.

I do honestly think there are Obama supporters among the Paul fans because they think a vote for him is a vote for Obama. Paul's national polling numbers support that idea. Did you support Obama before Paul? Or have you been a conservative all along?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The story about the Racist Newsletters predates Fox News. You have your history wrong. The only debunking was Paul saying himself he did not know what was in the Letters he personally signed and distributed. He never denied they existed. My take is if he signed them not knowing what was in them, is he worthy of the White House? Who knows? I'm neutral on Paul at the moment and on Cain.

Problem with Paul is he cannot beat Obama I think. I often wonder if those pushing Paul are in fact Obama supporters who think it will help Obama win?

I'm struggling with this election and don't actually like any of them enough to say who I'd vote for. Being that I'm one of those independent swing voters they talk about, I can't blindly follow a Party or a gang of groupies. I want hard facts. How about you?

Once again your just attacking ron paul

typical accustion without proof just like fox news does at ron paul

You have your history wrong. The only debunking was Paul saying himself he did not know what was in the Letters he personally signed and distributed. He never denied they existed.

Again it wasnt debunking Paul saying himself he did not know what was in the Letters, there was a news story, that stated these letters were brought by some of the neocons to persoanlly destory ron paul chances and make him look as if his racist which in fact he isnt.

The letters were dubunked in mid 2007/2008 and this is why you now you dont see the mainstream newsnetworks using the letters anymore, because they werent that real, the letters were meant to damage him.

Here are Ron Paul's Plans on getting america back to work
The Right to Work
Ron Paul's Economy
edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So you want someone to be your president who didnt know about the Economic Crises? yet he was a member of the feds back in the 90s?
i am surpised to see some support for cain around here.

To respond to that. I'm not yet a Cain supporter. Sorry if that messes with your preconceived notions. I doubt most intelligent voters have decided anything at this point. Only the groupies and Partisans have and they don't bother to know anything before they vote. Partisans and groupies are part of what got us into this mess.

I may yet write in a name or even vote for the actual Libertarian Candidate.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Again i freinds and some family freinds in America who voted for Ron Paul back in 2008 they have said they would vote Ron Paul again next year, to bad John McCain the war was choosen rather then been elected.

I may yet write in a name or even vote for the actual Libertarian Candidate.

Well Ron Paul is a Libertarian, just saying you should study more on ron paul, alot of people do respect ron paul i guess its the fear in some people, which not surprising.

Right now americans dont need more wars in other countries nor starting one in iran,do you want that to happen?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'd rather you forget your rant and move back to your own OP. You have yet to show me the numbers you are basing your critique of Cain's plan on?

You keep attacking me to defend Paul when I told you I'm not opposed to him and have not made up my mind yet, it's beginning to make it look like your just blindly, mindlessly attacking anyone who is not Paul groupie. Hell, I may even end up voting for him.

I'll go away and do some research myself. You clearly have no idea and no information that is helpful.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

What has happend to America i once knew? look at the comments

It got intentionally dumbed down by TPTB through the school system, to make people easier to control. Oh, you thought that was just a conspiracy theory? Or something that wouldn't show its effects?

As long as people can go back to watching American Idol, they don't care. "Some guy has a plan. Let's try it." No thought applied.

No you miss the point entirely, as do most people.
It is not what the plan is about at this point, it is that he has a plan and has presented it up front in black and white for all to see. Closer examination could end his plan later.

This is showing his executive leadership skills.

All the others including Romney and Obama presented their plans appealing to emotion and key political phrases, because their experience is in dealing with other politicians, not in presenting an idea in a way to get the ball rolling in the real world as opposed to suits and ties shuffling papers and stroking pens.

It's obvious which style is more average Joe or Jane voter friendly.

For all of Romney's money and supposed private sector leadership skills, his ideas are too incoherant so far.
As for Paul, well he's just a kook and turns people off before any would consider a plan from him, proven by his bottom of the barrel feeding position in all recent polls.
edit on 13-10-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Maybe this should be in the rant forum as I'm not seeing anything here but anger. I like Paul and Cain, but lean more towards Cain. Currently, I don't see Paul winning the primary, but Cain has a shot.

If Cain wins the primary, Paul could really help him, but at the moment, I don't see it happening. Paul can be pretty stubborn.

I know a couple of Paul supporters who have jumped back on the fence now that Cain has shown up. Even they don't think Paul will win.

Cain does need to work more on his foriegn policy though. To me that seems his weak point.

Ladies and Gentleman... please take a close look. This quoted poster is someone who should STAY HOME on Election Day!!

That is right, I said it. This person should stay home. Not because of the Candidate that they support, but because they view elections like a sporting event.

So I will say it again, just like I said it many times in the past few months and I said it 4 years ago as well...

As a voter it is NOT your job to pick "winners". It is your job to research Candidates and select one whom you support. A Candidate who is in line with what you believe on a variety of issues. This whole "He can't win" crap is just retarded. If you want to pick winners, take your butt to Vegas. Go to a dog track. Go to a horse track. Go anywhere you want, but on Election Day keep your ass at home. People like this are too stupid to be voting. This is why the US is a mess. Too many people who would rather pick a winner and be right, then actually look at issues and do whats best for the country.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

If your man Ron Paul was a "winner" I bet you'd be alright with him voting the way he chooses to.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You clearly have no idea and no information that is helpful

How about this then?
Sour ce
Source 2

and the fact that Cain has been caught

Herman Cain has already been caught quoting Pokemon.

Source

He attacked people who dont have jobs, and are protesting for changes on wall street i could make a list.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The majority of GOP voting americans don't like that filthy angry communist mob, you just listed a point that pobably helped Cain get ahead in recent polls because he's the only candidate with the balls to voice the majority of GOP voters opinions.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I could vote for a candidate that supports a flat tax that levels the economic playing field.

However I don't think Cain has a chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination.

I still expect to see Perry rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of his so far lack luster campaign and stupid remarks.
The GOP/neocons love Perry for his stance on NAFTA which is a cornerstone of their grand design for America.
Also the GOP elite despite their "big tent" rhetoric, won't field a Black man; they rely to much on the Evangelical white southern voters to win national elections. They don't even like Mitt.

edit on 13-10-2011 by whaaa because: f5v

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Too funny.

I have supported both Cain and Paul and at one point actually hoped they would be running on the same ticket for POTUS/VPOTUS. I have done my homework. And I respect both candidates, but I just happen to think that Cain has a better chance than Paul.

I'm actually starting to sour on Paul just because of his rabid supporters, who will not listen to any criticism of their guy. I'm not a robot, I can think for myself and make my own choices. People that blindly follow are how you say?...oh yea, stupid.

But if Romney wins the primary, the only elections I'll be voting in will be local.

So sue me if I find politics interesting and at times entertaining.

edit on 13-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

The majority of GOP voting americans don't like that filthy angry communist mob, you just listed a point that pobably helped Cain get ahead in recent polls because he's the only candidate with the balls to voice the majority of GOP voters opinions.

Sadly a new poll came out today showing americans agree with the wall street protests

you just listed a point that pobably helped Cain get ahead in recent polls because he's the only candidate with the balls to voice the majority of GOP voters opinions.

Ah just like they did first with Rick Perry and bachman everyone in the mainstream thought she will be and stay the first top tier but look at her now shes at the bottom
so much for her winning that straw poll in first place i wonder what would had happend if Ron Paul won that florida straw poll?
The media wouldnt even bother of reporting on it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

but I just happen to think that Cain has a better chance than Paul. I'm actually starting to sour on Paul just because of his rabid supporters.

because of his rabid supporters and Cain doesnt have his own rabid supporters? sadly he does

but I just happen to think that Cain has a better chance than Paul.

TDawgRex your wrong on that part Ron Paul has a better chance this time around then he did 4 years ago, Cain sadly doesnt have any good chances.

Herman Cain ran in 2000 and lost and bush won, Herman Cain Ran for the Senate and lost

This Cain Train wont last forever, like rick perry did drop down alot.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yea, I know they all have their rabid supporters. But I'm not one of them.

And I know Cain lost his Senate bid. Just as Paul lost his bid in 2008. No biggie; that was then, this is now.

Personally I don’t like Pauls foreign policy stance, but I like most of his platform.

But I can say the same about Cain, mainly because he hasn't stated a foriegn policy yet, other than sound bites.

The thing that makes me lean more towards Cain is that he is not a career politician. Oh, he’s a bureaucrat…but in the business world, if you don’t perform, you’re fired.

A politician just ignores his failures and runs for re-election.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join