It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Herman Cain's 9% ? 48% Say Good Idea? People Are Such Gullible Sheeps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

wow people are fracking sheeps take a look at this pol by WSJ
Source

People are such gullible sheeps look at the poll and the comment section
3375 48%
2477 35.2%
1184 16.8%

What has happend to America i once knew? look at the comments

I still like the progressive tax system. We could work with a 5, 10, and 25% income tax system, and just extend those rates to businesses and do the same thing with capital gains. It would be a great system. There is no need to create a national sales tax, unless it was really small - like 1-2%, and was only used to pay down the national debt.

Understand your concern but think of this: Right now almost half of Americans pay no income tax, so it is very easy for them to vote for the big spending programs. Put in a sales tax to make everyone pay their share, and make the cost of those big programs very very visible every single day, and you might find people voting differently. Also the sales tax catches people who will never pay income tax.... criminals, illegal aliens etc. 1 Recommendat

I like the plan as long as there are no deductions for anyone. In addition they need to remove a lot of the entitlements from Social Security, as in the person I know that has never worked because she has a nervous condition, but receives Social Security and always has, but has never worked. But if not, guess I could go on SS, I have a condition called liberalidous - it is caused from having to listen to liberals (I would have said stupid liberals, but that is an oxymoron).

I give Cain credit for thinking outside the box of the current tax code. I have not seen any serious budget analysis of his proposal and there are many details that are not known at this point. I question whether in the short term budget deficits would actually increase under his plan. You can argue dynamic scoring all you want but if we keep running Obama-style budget deficits ($1 trillion +) then we are in big trouble. Plus, once you institute a national sales tax of any type, it will NEVER go away and will simply be a tool to increase taxes more in the future by tax and spend politicians. Repeal the income tax first and then we'll talk. The bigger issue is spending, and I've not heard Mr. Cain provide any real discussion of what he would propose to solve that problem. What would he do about military spending, Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, and other welfare? Mr. Cain is an interesting candidate and a compelling debater, but we all know now that there is no messiah that is going to fix our problems without a lot of pain.

Sounds good if you don't do the math. I'd pay 9%+9%= 18% to the feds. 4% Mi. state tax + 6% sales tax. That's 28% plus property tax, gas tax, toll roads, fishing license,off road vehicle sticker, boat sticker, trailer plates, car plates, state park sticker, county park sticker, beer tax, tobacco tax, excise tax, oil and tire disposal fees etc. etc. etc. I'm guessing on my income that it would wind up about 42% and Cain he thinks 35% is insanely high ????

dont these people know this plan by Herman Cain would punish the poor and the middle class? of coruse unless they are rich themselves its no wonder then why they like it so much then, i would move back to EU to see if Cain acutally does win the election, if he wins 4 more years of obama, but if can does one, he wont stay in office forever, maybe then sheeps would finally rezlize they were wrong and ron paul was the right person along all, but that would be to late then.

Why Cain? The sheeps answer.

a woman from Texas. “It is kind of appealing that he is not in politics,” noted another female from Texas. “I have to be personally honest: I rely a lot on talk-show hosts, people I listen to and respect -- and they respect him. Rush Limbaugh, listen an hour a day,” said a female from Washington.

wow so people rely alot on talk show hosts? so if Rush Limbaugh loves and respects Cain they vote? thats pretty dam sad
not to mention these neocon radio talk hosts would love nothing more to see Cain to face obama and lose, and would love to have more wars.

People are truly Gullible Sheeps its no wonder why he didnt win.

-pollsters conducted follow-up interviews with Cain supporters and found two typical answers: 1) he’s not a politician, and 2) he’s real. “Cain is a good guy and so real,” said a male respondent from New Jersey. “Cain gives direct answers. He is succinct. He isn’t a politician,” added a male respondent from Washington. “He is plain-spoken and down to Earth,”

Herman Cain 999 plan is down to earth? really what the heck is wrong with these people?
Cain is a good guy and so real? dont these people know how to use the net? or know that Cain was a member of the Feds? i guess not

So ATS and Ron Paul Suppoters what you all make of this? for me i find it sad that some idiots actaully listen to radio talk hosts and listen to people like Rush Limbaugh and listen an hour a day to them? thats really sad to know

edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So rather than just bash Hermain Cain and his supporters, why don't you give some soild reasons for why you dislike his proposed policies?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think the progressive tax system works but needs a major overhaul. I want the ultra rich to pay more and I want EVERYONE to have to pay something. I'm tired of hearing about people not having to pay any income tax, If were going to ask the wealthy in this country to pay more I think it's only fair to ask the bottom tier to have to pay more than 0. I also like the lowering of corporate taxes just not to 9%. I would support a "debt" tax that goes directly into paying off the national debt.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

But if EVERYONE pays 9% then the Ultra Rich would be paying more.

If you make $10,000 a year at 9% you pay $900.00
If you make $1,000,000 a year at 9% you pay $90,000

Thats more! Why shoud the rich be penalized for making more money than you?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Because he doesnt have any.

The thread creator knows this is amazing idea, just jealous his candidate didnt think of it. It doesnt punish anybody.

Another way to look at it is motiviation. THe more money you make and the harder your work.... the more you keep

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by Fitch303

But if EVERYONE pays 9% then the Ultra Rich would be paying more.

If you make $10,000 a year at 9% you pay $900.00
If you make $1,000,000 a year at 9% you pay $90,000

Thats more! Why shoud the rich be penalized for making more money than you?

Seems to me that $900 is a lot of money when you are making so little, some people can't afford to throw that kind of money away..... That poor millionaire only has $910,000 left, how will he ever support his family with that kind of money???

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am not completely sold on 9-9-9, but I like that SOMEONE with a real shot is taking a fresh look at our dysfunctional 75,000 page tax code and looking for a way to simplify it. Think about, one of the most effective ways big businesses stifle competition and politicians whore themselves out is to manipulate the tax code. If its so simple it fits onto one 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, manipulating it will become quite difficult. No loopholes, not industry specific deductions … everyone and every business is treated EQUALLY under the law with respect to taxation.

What’s not to like about that?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Educate me by explaining your comments and criticisms of the plan? In detail please? Please don't leave out the fact it would eliminate the 15.1% payroll tax that the working poor pay now. I'd think that is relevant also. I've noticed those engaging in knee jerk reactions without bothering to understand it so far have tried to ignore that item. Beyond that I've had no chance to consider it fully.

I've not had time to review it fully and in context and since you have I'd be interested in what you found. Any links to a full breakdown?

Are not so called "Sheep" those who spout what their Party tells them without actually bothering to research the facts?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

I have heard of Cain speak of one single deduction for poverty ... but everyone SHOULD pay something, regardless of income.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He's a man with a plan, nobody else has one.
He's not a man with a racist backgound like Ron Paul with his Newsletters.
He doesn't hate America and think we should apologize and hide in a shell towards the world.
He doesn't want to decimate our millitary
He doesn't have an annoying voice with a creepy cadence
He don't have wierdo 9/11 truthers and guy fawkes masked criminals lurking in the background of his campaign.
He's a man with executive experience not a lifetime politician

The list could go on and on of what he has going for him in comparison to Ron Paul.
Don't take my word for it, look at his mega ownage in the polls.
At this point he even wiped out Paul's chances to run as third party because it would just be an unbelievable joke.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Educate me by explaining your comments and criticisms of the plan? In detail please? Please don't leave out the fact it would eliminate the 15.1% payroll tax that the working poor pay now. I'd think that is relevant also. I've noticed those engaging in knee jerk reactions without bothering to understand it so far have tried to ignore that item. Beyond that I've had no chance to consider it fully.

I've not had time to review it fully and in context and since you have I'd be interested in what you found. Any links to a full breakdown?

Are not so called "Sheep" those who spout what their Party tells them without actually bothering to research the facts?

He's a Canadian and can't vote here anyways.
Just saying because I hate to see a sound minded person wasting their time.

link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I think the progressive tax system works but needs a major overhaul. I want the ultra rich to pay more and I want EVERYONE to have to pay something. I'm tired of hearing about people not having to pay any income tax, If were going to ask the wealthy in this country to pay more I think it's only fair to ask the bottom tier to have to pay more than 0. I also like the lowering of corporate taxes just not to 9%. I would support a "debt" tax that goes directly into paying off the national debt.

Actually many on the boottomtier get money back without ever having paid anything in. Thats right you can get a refund higher than what you paid in with EIC and other loopholes.

link   

Originally posted by amaster
So rather than just bash Hermain Cain and his supporters, why don't you give some soild reasons for why you dislike his proposed policies?

This is why

Hermain Cain plan would punish the poor, protect the rich.

link   

edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: Sorry dobule post

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Punish the poor ... by making them contribute to a system of benefits that they disproportinally rely on.
Protect the rich ... by removing the loophole that allow them to evade taxs.

Yeah, thats sounds cold blooded all right.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann, destroyed Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan....

edit on 13-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
He doesn't hate America and think we should apologize and hide in a shell towards the world.
He doesn't have an annoying voice with a creepy cadence
He don't have wierdo 9/11 truthers and guy fawkes masked criminals lurking in the background of his campaign.
He's a man with executive experience not a lifetime politician

The list could go on and on of what he has going for him in comparison to Ron Paul.
Don't take my word for it, look at his mega ownage in the polls.
At this point he even wiped out Paul's chances to run as third party because it would just be an unbelievable joke.

Sorry but that was debunked i cant believe some people are still bringing that old thing from Fox News again

So you want more wars? and more pro war mongering candidates? Herman Cain polices remind me of bush, and his foreign policy aswell, if you want more wars and more poverty thats fine with me i hope you enjoy the 4 years with Cain, and if you want more people in the world to hate america because of the foreign policy and wars thats fine.

He doesnt, the millitary supports ron paul

Source

And ron paul doesnt?
thats quite ignorant to state something like that
Soruce

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Blaine91555

He's a Canadian and can't vote here anyways.
Just saying because I hate to see a sound minded person wasting their time.

Your an minded person? the way you reply didnt sound like it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That is just a Partisan rant with links to NYT articles, meaning they are propaganda and not facts. I'd like to see the hard numbers.

I'll look at his site to see if he has the details there. I'm not going to get them here I'm sure.

Just out of curiosity, why is a Canadian trying to influence a US election and US voters? What is your interest based on?

I'm actually quite impressed by the fact Canada changed course away from an entitlement culture and the rebound of its economy. I'd hope we do the same before we end up like Europe.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the rant forum as I'm not seeing anything here but anger. I like Paul and Cain, but lean more towards Cain. Currently, I don't see Paul winning the primary, but Cain has a shot.

If Cain wins the primary, Paul could really help him, but at the moment, I don't see it happening. Paul can be pretty stubborn.

I know a couple of Paul supporters who have jumped back on the fence now that Cain has shown up. Even they don't think Paul will win.

Cain does need to work more on his foriegn policy though. To me that seems his weak point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join