It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Gone Back to Believing the OS After Questioning It?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just a random thought.. and maybe this has been asked before, but is there anybody out there who used to question the official story of 9/11, even believe it was an inside job, only to go back and settle on the government's explanation?

I know with every ounce of me that the events of that day did not happen how I'm told they did.. I would literally bet my life on it. But every once and a while, if I allow myself to be consumed with the mainstream propaganda, especially during the 10th anniversary, I'll find myself thinking, if only for a split second "maybe that is how it happened..." And that lead me to wonder if it's the kind of thing where, once you see the truth, you never look back? Or are there people out there who once believed there was a conspiracy, and have since decided that there was not..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I used to think it was a controlled demolition but now in in a neutral stance. I'm not a structural engineer, how am I supposed to make a judgement on it? In all seriousness, reading on the internet doesn't make you an expert.

I still do think that the Gov knew of it/had certain motivations to let it happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
See these 2 threads....

I Was a Deluded 911 Truther -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I Was a Deluded 911 OS'er -

You can see that the majority disagrees with the OS of 9/11. Alas, the truth will be buried for decades like the Kennedy assassination.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I used to think it was a controlled demolition but now in in a neutral stance. I'm not a structural engineer, how am I supposed to make a judgement on it? In all seriousness, reading on the internet doesn't make you an expert.

I still do think that the Gov knew of it/had certain motivations to let it happen.

Being a structural engineer is is not necessary to make a judgement on the collapses.

All that is required is common sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It would be easier to start believing in the Easter Bunny than believing in the OS.

Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
See these 2 threads....

I Was a Deluded 911 Truther -

I Was a Deluded 911 OS'er -

You can see that the majority disagrees with the OS of 9/11. Alas, the truth will be buried for decades like the Kennedy assassination.

Ah yeah.. now I think I remember seeing those.

It's true about it being buried. Very sad. We'll keep going back and forth, and the propaganda machine will keep demonizing particular theories so that anybody you try to tell about it will be able to identify what you're saying as "a typical conspiracy"..

That said, it is possible to make a breakthrough, but it would require some sort of bombshell. I thought, as many did I'm sure, that focusing on Building 7 would do the job, and it did make a lot of people pay attention and dig into some evidence, but it's an uphill battle

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Never, lol, how can anyone ever go back to believing something they know to be false? Its impossible. And why would anyone want to go back? unless they were cowards who couldnt care about humanity and other species and only cared about themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Never. I heard about our 'government paying to arm and train terrorists to attack our country and give the government a reason to steal our civil liberties" in 1994. A friend was into militia, anarchy and alternative media on the internet stumbled across that and thought it was true. We had a huge argument about it which ended with me calling him paranoid and him telling me the government was out to get me.

My colloidal silver manual from 1995 also described attacking New York and using car exhausts to distribute anthrax through the air and poison everyone. Colloidal silver kills anthrax, so this was a relevant topic in the manual. They even mentioned Osama Bin Laden in the manual as a possible suspect.

I never believed the cover story. How could I? I knew what it was as it happened.
I'm not a 911 truther. I ignore the whole fiasco for the most part. I stopped watching TV/Movies/Videos/News/Media of all kinds for 6 years on 9/12/2001 from a deep sense of disgust and an awareness that some heavy suggestions were being programmed into the media. So, I might have missed out on some of the mind control stuff embedded in it.
I don't believe and no one can't reason with me. I know that I know what I know.

The media often acts as if the OS is true when they talk about 911. That's some kind of mind control trick. Maybe it's to make people doubt themselves. Don't ever forget that anyone espousing the OS is a media slave or they are extremely brainwashed about that subject. Bill Maher, George Noory.....etc. etc.
edit on 13/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike

Being a structural engineer is is not necessary to make a judgement on the collapses.

Dr. Judy Wood is a structual engineer, if you read her book, you will find out what happened on that fateful day.

She has all the qualifications for the job, ITS A MUST READ

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
COINTELPRO merely needs a stat on how effective their mission of denigrating "Truthers" is.

I guess the answer to the question is a resounding "Hell NO".

And in case you didn't hear it the first time let me emphasize it with another in caps "HELL NO !"

Remember the old Fool me once....Fool me twice....?

It just ain't gonna happen Powers That Be !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike

Does your common sense tell you this;

could hold up the top part of the building after the collapse starts ?

The 911 truth virus seems to last about 2 years on average then the victims wise up and move on.
JREF has lots of extruthers.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The only part of the whole conspiracy I really believe is fore knowledge of, but not direct involvement in.

SO they knew it was going to happen and maximized the benefits of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I do not believe the Official story , simply because i don't believe so many "coincidences " can occur and not be a conspiracy

A wise man once said nothing in politics happens without it meaning to happen.

Another wise man also said tell a lie long enough big enough and eventually people will start to believe it .

Heance the 9/11 memorials and pictures of bin laden . Whom they never had any hard evidence linking to 9/11 .

and also these..

You know you can tell me an apple is an orange for so long..

but who am i too judge? I'll just shut up and continue to drink my tap water...

i know i know !

"don't worry the government is in charge"

just smile and wave

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I never believed it was an inside job but for a while a few years ago I spent time as what would have been termed a LIHOP, meaning I thought that elements in our own country/government had known the attack was coming and had allowed it to happen on purpose. But after watching the fumbling stupidity of the Bush administration for a while longer I began to suspect that it had been negligence, not willful intent, that had allowed the attacks.

So yes I went back to the official story more or less. That doesn't mean I trust the government or even that I think the official story is completely accurate merely that it makes far more sense than any of the conspiracy theories do.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Never, lol, how can anyone ever go back to believing something they know to be false? Its impossible. And why would anyone want to go back? unless they were cowards who couldnt care about humanity and other species and only cared about themselves.

Yeah I hear you.. I guess anybody that would go back never fully realized the real evidence. I was just curious if anybody had gone back and what the reasons might be.. I can't say I fully blame anybody, given the propaganda machine and peer pressure, as well as the often annoying tactics of truthers.

I've also noticed that truthers can tend to get frustrated in their research because of the simple fact that there is no exact explanation to all the details of how the inside job was carried out. So if they can't figure out how it did happen, they could end up resorting to the story line that *seemingly* has all the answers..

My father-in-law has it right.. he always says you'll never satisfy the people who will ask "well then what DID happen?" We can theorize and ponder all we want, and sure, a lot of explanations will make sense, but in the end, none of us will know exactly what went down that day. The important thing is how obvious it is that what we are told happened is clearly not exactly what happened. And that in itself is reason to seek truth. If you have but ONE question about the official story, then you should consider yourself a "truther".

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believed it was much deeper then I now believe. But there are other facts that smack that somthing else went down...other than BUILDING 7

The planes sure maybe they did the job...but again I think they had some intel before this went down.

The rest is just to hard to muddle through fact or fiction.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Basically exactly where I'm at, except that I find a lot more evidence backing up the OS. Maybe it's because the OS actually has a specific reason for most things, along with math and pictures and witness testimonies to back it up, but I just can't seem to find that level of explanation from the conspiracy side.

I'm always open to other explanations, but all I tend to receive is speculation ("what if it was this?") and conjecture ("I can't believe it happened like that!").

I doubted it significantly when I first saw the video of Building 7 coming down on Youtube a couple years ago. I think it's why I initially found this site. Was randomly Googling 9/11 conspiracies. Course, as time passed, I learned more about what really happened, saw oodles of pictures, and well, the OS is just the most likely situation for me. It's not a matter of belief, honestly, it's a matter of what makes the most logical sense. The only way to deny that it is logical is to have faith in another thing being true and fighting ardently to support it. Basically, denying the OS rather than perceiving it objectively as a conglomeration of hundreds of different scientist's opinions and determinations.

That's another thing people forget. The OS is not some magical "This is how it happened" piece of paper that 'OS'ers' reference when they need to remember how things worked. It is made up of dozens of papers, evidentiary support, and studies. Some people will point to the Commission report or NIST, but those were basically the preliminary reports. The Commission report was led around in circles by a government that didn't want to take responsibility, and NIST had the difficult job of guessing what happened beneath smoke and tons of building. Many papers expanded and challenged theories put forth by NIST, and have become generally accepted.

That's why science is awesome. It is allowed to change its mind when new evidence is brought up. Many here have their mind made up and refuse to ever change it. Such is life.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Same for me. There are still a number of shifty things about 9/11, but i don't think the govornment planned or executed the whole scenario, Al-Qaeda did. Though there were a number of people who knew alot more specifics than they ever publically admitted to. And not just govornment officials, given the weird financial activity beforehand.

However, when it comes to the time-worn favorites of 9/11 conspiracy, from controlled/deliberate demolition to the no plane/remote control/drone theories, I tend to support the official accounts. I still think its possible, though I am not 100% convinced, that Flight 93 was shot down while the passengers were in the middle of trying to reclaim it. Beyond that, I tend to think most 9/11 conspiracy theories fail under proper scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Not believing the OS does not mean you believe in all of those demolition theories, i almost think it is intentionally promoted by the media that if you think the official story from government is an utter farce you instantly get lumped in with the demolition crowd. Quite annoying.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
nope, it still defy's the laws of physics and science.

when that stops occurring i may take another look at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join