It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS titles and badges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Every now and than you see people here on ATS who has a badge, or title, saying Gold Content provider, they get a special frame around their post, or the WATS index rating on members. After seeing a few of these I was thinking we could have another system, sorta like for negative board behavior.

We could have a title like "The De-railer" For people who frequently derail threads, we could have a frame around the post like we do for silver and gold content people, it would let members know they could chose to skip that post, or read it up to them.

Think of the humorous titles we could come up with, kind of a tongue in cheek reprimand to the member, nothing serious, just a poke saying "hey, we know you buddy"

Besides I think we ATSers and MODS need to laugh a little more, people take things far to seriously on here some times.

So how bout we think up some humorous negative titles for fun.

I got mine, THE DE-Railer : Given to commenter that often completely DE-rail the thread, less malicious than a highjack as the topic tend to loosely relate to the original op, just by the end of it nothing that has helped or hurt the original op has been stated.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've wondered something like that as well!

I would wanna go with the title "The Grimace"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Categorizer: A person that isn't confident having an exchange with someone that doesn't have a label

The Whiner: A person is constantly unamused.

The Satirist: A person that doesn't really add anything to a discussion but instead points out ironies at hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Besides I think we ATSers and MODS need to laugh a little more, people take things far to seriously on here some times.

I think many laugh much more than you give them credit for...

as for as the ones with irony... I love em.. keep em where they are..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The magician- Magically has a retort for everything you post
The Rambler - has a multiple paragraph reply telling why your wrong in 50 different ways, but without saying why he's right
The runner- Starts a post but doesn't respond to any replies to it
The one pump and jumper-adds one reply that makes no sense
And my personal favorite
"The Add to the thread on page 50 without reading up to that point and adding something that has been already stated ad nauseum and has been countered ad nauseum..er" lol Good threads that show this is Zazzs "time traveler caught on Charlie Chaplin DVD and the recent Enigma game thread.

But what about the cellphone towers? They didn't have them back then.......
edit on 13-10-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord has stated on multiple occasions that he will never implement a negative rating system since it detracts from the positive messages that ATS promotes.

On a side note, I never liked the silver/gold borders around posts. I put the silver logo in my background picture in a sense of protest. I used to meet the silver requirements, but with the system changing from "once you reach this, you are this" to "only the top 100 people who spam ATS with popular threads and garner hundreds of flags for their emotional posts can have it", I put it there as a bit of a memento of a system that I used to prefer.
edit on 10/13/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Fixed comments

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Just thought of new badge.

The takes post in jokes and puns too seriously...

:p

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I've seen a few people who actually use this one as their custom title:

Thread Killer; they post in a thread and it dies immediately afterwards.

new topics

top topics

join