It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to be successful on ATS the quick and easy way!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How to be successful on ATS the quick and easy way!

Ok, so, you’ve been lurking for a while and decide to jump in right?! Good for you! And of course, you want to be successful and a valued member correct?? Well, let me help ya' out!

Now, you have a few options as a member of ATS.

I’ll get the slow and boring ones out of the way first....bear with me!

1: Read and comment sometimes…contribute through discussion.

2: Become one of the few well versed topic starters…the ones who research and come with well thought out, well researched original posts.

3: Become the king or queen of BTS.

4: Participate in writing contests, research projects, debates etc…

…and more!
But those are boring right?? You just got here and wanna make a splash, and in a hurry too!

Gotta prove your internet prowess!

Here are some more tips that’ll take put you on that road to glory in no time! And trust me, these seem to work!!

1: Go to YouTube, find a video containing lights, a story taken out of context, or one bashing one political party or belief and start a thread using only that!

2: Stalk the recent posts page and wait until someone starts a thread…as soon as they do, jump in and make some witty one line post immediately after the OP (this one is gold! Watch the stars pile up!!!)

3: Know what’s hot and what’s not. People don’t care about last week’s topics! Japan? Pshhh….That’s so a few months ago! No one cares! You gotta know how to rehash the same “in” topic over and over again. See: Ron Paul and OWS, as an example.

4: Sensational thread titles! Try these…”OMG” “PROOF” “WARNING” “INSIDE S SOURCES”” Don’t forget the excessive exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5: Predictions! (But only if they are doomy and gloomy, and written as if your keyboard had a milkshake spilled on it) ***Bonus Points if you reference cartoons***

6: Point out that the REAL conspiracy is actually ATS!!!!!

Now obviously this is all in jest. Didn’t know whether to put it in the rants or jokes forum.

I just wish people would settle down is all I guess.

edit on 10/13/2011 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

You seem to have hit the nail on the head. ATS is just like real life with all the same players. One could almost come to believe the posters are real people. (Did I play my part correctly?)
edit on 10/13/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Balls, I couldn't get the first posting after the OP..........Dash it!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You can't forget about those posts going on about how this person is so sick of the system and they are "sick of our attitude" reflecting towards their views. Bonus points for the countless same rants about love and relationships. It's love, we get it. Sometimes, it's rough. Sometimes, It's the ecstasy of the soul.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
True. A lot of people (no names) take route 2. Start a new thread every day about b*llocks and through chance you'll have a WATS index of 99 by the end of the week. It's kind of annoying seeing douche-bags have such a high score after 3 weeks of being here, just because they have A(TS)DHD. Still, it's not all about being the best or most respected. Oh no wait, yes it is. Otherwise they would never have put that feature in

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Nice rant... I enjoyed it, seeing as it's pretty much the truth.
So I suppose it belongs here.

I want to post a rant some day but I can't think of anything original to rant about... Darn...

But wait a second -- you said originality doesn't matter, so long as there's a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!

And Blaine -- yes, you played your part well. Naturally, I gave you a star.
Ain't they pretty?
(A yeah I know that you probably couldn't care less about such things, which is one reason I usually enjoy your posts.)

Mike

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I genuinely have trouble imagining being someone who cares about what numbers appear next to my name, it's meaningless to me. I've read some really interesting stuff on here, in amongst all the rubbish, and I do like the site but the number of posts or stars or flags or whatever that somebody has bears close to no reflection on the quality of their comments. Some of the biggest tools on here have thousands of them!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

2: Stalk the recent posts page and wait until someone starts a thread…as soon as they do, jump in and make some witty one line post immediately after the OP (this one is gold! Watch the stars pile up!!!)

You rang?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Starred you anyway.

Feel better now?

I'm also often way too slow to get my post in. (Like about two days too slow!
)

The worst is when I read through a thread and then decide to write a carefully-thought-out post to (hopefully/maybe) add something of value to the discussion, only to realize that the thread got closed while I was reading it! Dohhhh I hate that!

Mike

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh. and I forgot. When a thread gets debunked / proven / etc...a few posts in, disregard it and pretend that post does not even exist! Keep debating! Dont even address said post!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hope you don't mind if I add #7.

When you know your supposed trump card is not going to get your butt blown out of the water . Don't throw it out there unless absolutely necessary . Poker is poker even on here and you can only use that trump card so many times till it gets old and tired to the rest .

Stumping the experts is sometimes fun and adds to the quality of the debate / conspiracy .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Noooooooo! (!!!!!!!!!!!)

That's too easy...

If some members come along and offer solid, well-presented and often irrefutable evidence that the subject under discussion is a hoax/been discussed before (x) times/is purely a creation of the OP's mind and has no connection to reality, you should post reponses that state such members are
  • government shills
  • paid disinformation agents
  • anything else that bears no relation to what they actually said.

Well, that's what I've observed, though in fairness your option seems to work well too...

Mike
    PS: As far as I recall, I have never called any member a shill (govt or otherwise) or a disinformation agent (paid or otherwise) except in jest and when they knew full well that I was kidding.
    edit on 13/10/11 by JustMike because: I added a PS thingy.

• posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Juston

edit on 10/13/2011 by Juston because: (no reason given)

I especially enjoyed this one! this couldn't be more annoying... I notice this with 99% of threads.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    First off: Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

California is about to have an earthquae: proof

Check out this blurry dot vid: OMG!!!

ATS mods will prolly delete this post cuz there is so much reality in it.

yo.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by kalunom

That just blew my mind.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Juston

That one I see a lot. lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:50 AM
    link   

Originally posted by JustMike
    reply to post by davethebear

Starred you anyway.

Feel better now?

I'm also often way too slow to get my post in. (Like about two days too slow!
    )

The worst is when I read through a thread and then decide to write a carefully-thought-out post to (hopefully/maybe) add something of value to the discussion, only to realize that the thread got closed while I was reading it! Dohhhh I hate that!

Mike

Yeah, thanx for the star.....haha..................I have been in same situation many times, took ages to think about a reply or something witty or poinant to add to a thread and by the time I try to add it the thread has been closed......must be quicker,must be quicker,must be quicker,must be quicker.......I am gonna give you a star just because I can. I would also give you a cup of tea and a biscuit, but there is no button for that. To tell you the truth I would rather have a cup of tea and a biscuit, much better than a star any day.........I am going now I am starting to talk utter b******s.....................

edit on 14-10-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by davethebear because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
    link   
    I can't believe you guys forgot the most important post ever made on ATS:

"Pics or it didn't happen!"

As if we need to hear that one again......

King

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
    link   
    Good stuff. What really irritates me are all of the absolutely pointless threads. It is even worse when it's the same people doing it over and over again. I could write up thoughtful and informative threads, rather easily with all of the free time I have currently, but I refrain from doing so because there are already countless threads on just about everything conspiracy related.

So instead of clogging up the board, I just comment in an existing thread. I tried the whole thread thing when I first joined, but realized that everything I wanted to write about has been done before. One thing is however that even when rehashing old material, there is always someone who is reading it or hearing about the topic for the first time.

I don't pay much attention to stars and flags, but I have noticed that many times the informative posts, or funny and witty posts, don't often get as many stars as some of the "plain" generic replies. It has to do with status as well. The higher a person's flag count and star count, the more flags and stars they will receive.

There could be quite a few social experiments done on this board, and I have been toying with that idea for a while now. Another thing I have noticed is that a thread can be very detailed and informative, but if it is a wall of text, very few people will read it, if any. If there aren't heaps of pictures, most can forget about it.

I also get fed up with the videos...I would rather read than watch a video most of the time, so I often skip threads with catchy titles that have nothing but a video in the original post. See what I mean about me not starting my own threads? I just hijack and rant in yours!!! lol.

But you do bring up the true nature of how things work for the most part on the boards. BUT, this happens on every single message board that has a solid member base. I have only been highly involved on two other forums in my life, and both were the same exact way. S&F...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
    link   
    Agree completely OP same old same old, I stopped making threads as any that I took time to put some work into got little attention whereas ones that are complete pish get stars and flags by the bucket load. Not that I care about them as really anyone with enough time on their hands can get them, I see stars as more of a mark of quality in a poster than flags. The site is what people make of it, I just choose to ignore about 85% of this site these days

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join