It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gives Israel Green Light For Iran Strike

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread but what I did read leads me to ask what does winter have to do with an aerial combat assault? Does aircraft operating at high altitudes freeze up and fall out of the sky? or missiles fail to function due to climate change? The source sounds a little fishy as to reality in modern combat operations and technologies.

Stop the war boys, its raining.

Time out ref.

Seasons and weather have no impact on air combat operations today and Israel would never consider a ground attack so far from its borders and supply lines for winter to be a concern or a logical alternative to make a political point. After all, they would have to transverse the Suez canal and be invisible or disguised as fishermen or tankers and then come back through the canal.

I would recommend another news source for information.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
I would recommend another news source for information.

This is another one of US law enforcement’s manufactured “anti-terrorist” triumphs, where the feds set somebody up, fabricate a “crime” out of thin air, and then proceed to “solve” a case that never really existed to begin with. This has been the general pattern of our “anti-terrorist” operations in the US since the beginning – because finding and catching real terrorists is much too hard, at least for our Keystone Kops. Instead of going out and actually, you know, looking for the Bad Guys, and then apprehending them, they lure some unsuspecting Muslim immigrant into a trap, and spring it when the time is right.

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - If the United States has evidence and plays its cards right, history shows that it can win the powerful U.N. Security Council to its side in the case of Iran's alleged plot to assassinate a Saudi ambassador.

If the United States follows the example of previous U.S. administrations and presents its case at a public meeting of the 15-nation Security Council, it might be able to galvanize public support against doubters and critics who have suggested that the new charges against Iran border on the preposterous.

news.yahoo.com...

White House Calling for Global Support against Iran

www.cbn.com...

Obama: U.S. Will Make Sure Iran 'Pays the Price' for Assassination Plot

www.foxnews.com...

Iran Scoffs at U.S. Account of Alleged Assassination Plot

Iran’s top leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said on Wednesday that the alleged plot was concocted in Washington to distract Americans from their own economic problems.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
He hahaha blah blah blah children of Isreal whip Iran off the face of the map. This just in gas goes up to $20 dollars per gallon with a $40 maximum. Us aint gonna let this happen! Just more talk with no action. It's about time for the rightful lord to return and put us all in our place.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Alex Jones alleges USA & Israel will hit Iran within 2 weeks; I'm not buying it. Firstly, Israel is dealing with the release of Gilad Shalit and the Palestinian swap that will take 2 weeks although Gilad will be home early next week. The Israeli population have'nt been warned nor preparations of food etc for any incoming war in such a tiny time frame. Always look to see what the mainstream Israeli population are doing and that gives you an idea. By saying that, the IDF NEVER shares to outsiders of their plans; they'll hit Iran when the Iranians least expect it, thats how the Israelis work.

The big question mark is Syria and President Assad. Keep this in mind.

Do you honestly think that the USA would be that stupid to warn the Iranian Govt when the Americans are going to hit? I don't think so!

I'm aware of the build up in Kuwait and surrounding areas in the ME of American forces but that has been going on for quite some time now. Nothing new here.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Infowars most times speak magnificent BS.

Any mainstream sources?

Someone may have beat me to it, but: USA Today

Obama: Iran must be held accountable
"Even if at the highest levels there was not detailed operational knowledge, there has to be accountability with respect to anybody in the Iranian government engaging in this kind of activity," Obama said today at a news conference with South Korean president Lee Myung Bak.

Obama's diplomatic team is sharing details of the plot with other governments, seeking to "isolate" Iran -- not only over the alleged assassination plot, but over its nuclear program and ties to terrorism, Obama said.

The goal is "making sure that they pay a price," Obama said.

Iran is so heavily sanctioned already that there really isn't anything left but a military strike as far as "holding accountable" goes.

The hypocrisy coming from the US assassin in chief is quite rank. Just because he personally may be in on every extrajudicial assassination carried out under his so-called executive power, doesn't mean that every head of state acts that way.

Wasn't that used car salesman an American citizen? Yes? Then US should be held completely responsible.

edit on 13-10-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Of course season and weather has an impact. I suggested along time ago that the hot summer months are OUT for any serious and major war to start. The heat and sand storms of the Middle East OBVIOUSLY do cause havic on high tech equipment. Autumn & early winter is a better fit. The Middle East is now going in to Autumn. My time line suggestion is between November to early March.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Inforwars? Not the best source. But MSM? I don't trust them any more than infowars.
Only one way to get to the truth. If they speak it, we see and hear it..but wait, even audio
and video can be edited, and redacted. What source then can we turn to that we can actually believe?
does anyone know of a good honest, believable and truthful source that is fully trustworthy to report
the news unbiased? I sure don't have a clue. but Inforwars? Lots of money floating around there and
they laugh all the way to the bank.
Good Reply Like your Grit Star
DH

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Sanctions on Iran does'nt work and won't work. Keep in mind some big fat American companies still export to Iran!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
Source(s)?

Sources and agenda for the story outside of making money?

One would think with all the departments in the government getting busted for giving money to defunked "green" businesses and guns to drug dealers that Washington would be careful about stirring up a hornets nest in the Middle East. Since they are not very good at keeping their screw-ups secret, and next year being an election year, one would think that they would not be too quick about doing something which they may get caught at and get called to task on.

There is a lot of money being made by selling advertising on sights which are designed to suck in Conspiracy Theorists, fear junkies and anti-Semites.

P. T. Barnum was right. There is one born every second.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like Israel will put these "bunker buster bombs" to good use

While publicly pressuring Israel to make deeper concessions to the Palestinians, President Obama has secretly authorized significant new aid to the Israeli military that includes the sale of 55 deep-penetrating bombs known as bunker busters, Newsweek has learned.

It all began seven years ago, in a $319 million deal that had Israel buying some 5,000 smart bombs from the United States. Included in the sale were 500 penetrating “bunker buster” bombs. These could be used against Iran's underground nuclear facilities, or the large number of underground facilities Syria has built over the years. The 500 BLU-109 bunker busters can penetrate five meters (16 feet) of concrete. The deal also included 2,500 909 kg (2,000 pound) bombs, a thousand 455 kg (1,000 pound) bombs and 500 227 kg (500 pound) bombs. The deliveries, especially of the bunker busters, were slow.

Here are specs for GBU 28 which is being delivered

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, well...as soon as I heard this I thought, "It won't be long before Israel is smacking Iran across the chops, with our silent approval, of course.' I am obliged by objectivity to say however, That Alex Jones and Infowars in general is far from being a reputable source of information/evidence.
Former Jones associate Jack Blood calls AJ's crdeibility into question
here:www.dailypaul.com...

Alex Jones' reputation isn't untarnished, let's say. ( and no, this is not an opportunity to start arguing about AJ's credibility ). I personally need a more credible source of information before I start buying into what AJ says.

I will also say that some elements of this "terrorist plot" sound a bit thin. I'm more willing to accept these links as a reason to doubt the story:
www.cnn.com...

And,cnn.com.../video/bestoftv/2011/10/12/iran-plot-suspect.cnn
This interview conducted by Erin Burnett didn't make the suspect sound like some kind of mastermind supervillian, by any stretch.

and this profile:
security.blogs.cnn.com...

It may be mainstream media, but at least these links offer something to add to some reasonable doubt besides Alex Jones.
edit on 13-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: repaired a link

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If anyone gets any bright ideas......

watch the ground in Southern Lebanon of Hizbollah, Syria, preparations of fast food buys in Israel......and that should give you some idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Alex Jones is generally right on most things but his time frame is always out. Nothing will happen within 2 weeks because Israel's hands are full at present.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lZEROl
reply to post by beezzer

Its that kind of thinking that got us into all these illegitimate wars in the first place.

Get everyone fired up and blood thirsty and they won't think about whats really going on, only payback and domination

Its that kind of thinking the keeps perpetuating these wars

No, going into countries without any real provocation and spending years or decades there is the problem. Either stay completely out, or bomb to the stone age. None of this nickel and dime crap. Of course, staying completely out is the best course, but America has a problem with that. Imperialism is apparently addictive.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Sanctions on Iran does'nt work and won't work. Keep in mind some big fat American companies still export to Iran!

Sanctions don't work for what? What should sanctions do? Should they force a sovereign nation to bow and scrape to the US? The sanctions on Iraq resulted in plenty of deaths, kept Iraq in a state of being defenseless to invasion. The no fly zones allowed US jets to bomb communications infrastructure even while it was being put in. That's why even as late as one month before US invasion, there was only one ISP operating in Iraq, very slow internet access.

Halliburton is still in Iran under various owned companies, just like Halliburton and Bechtel were in Libya the whole time Libya was under US sanction. Nice monopoly if all your competition is forbidden by law from cutting into your market share.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be something with Iran soon the protest nation wide are picking up and this will be the perfect look over here story for the news. I was thinking its almost checkmate for the mid east and north-africa. I good blitz attack and isreal could go from the border of morroco to the border of India. I'm sure the USA would hand them Iraq and afganistan on a silver platter this might be Obama's plan to end the war

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's going to happen at some point, but I don't believe a word of anything AJ says anymore - he's made far too many predictions that have amounted to nothing. He's almost as bad as Sorcha Faal these days. Although I suppose the law of averages says he'll be right eventually

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
What has Iran actually done, other than try to become a nuclear power?

From all the photos I have seen it looks like a nice country, with more similarities to the west than the middle east.

Except you know, Homosexuals and protesters are executed in Iran. Other than that, yeah, sure, they sorta are like the West.

Oh and except the other fact that it's a country controlled by an organized religious institution. Did I mention that at one time it sought out to destroy Salman Rushdie?

But other than that, I couldn't give a damn what happens to Iran, as long we stay out of it.

Oh and by the way, can we please not use Alex Jones as a source anymore? You might as well use Rush Limbaugh as a reliable source for news.
edit on 13-10-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Must EVERYTHING be a conspiracy. Why cant somethings be as they are,

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by The Old American

I agree.

The problem is that bleeding hearts don't want bombing to the stone age. They force the nickel and dime crap.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join