It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a ghost ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This sequence is from the TV-Show "Ghost Adventures" that recently aired.
Its edited, first part is the original, second zoomed and slowed down, third is same zoom but slowed down once more.
Have a look. What do you think ?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It does appear to be a shadow figure of some kind, that said its hard to capture them on CCTV Cams as the IR light tends to render them invisable to the camera.

As with anything like this its never as simple as saying yes or no to the 'Is this a ghost question' its an intresting bit of footage but there could be a logical reason behind it. I just cant think of one at the mo

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hmmm...walks like a ghost...acts like a ghost...might be a ghost...unless it's a cat.
I am not very skilled in analyzing paranormal videos, it is certainly strange!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ghosthunter79

i was wondering if its a bug, but it disappears behind this refridgerator door and not at the end of the camera screen. to me it looks 2 dimensional like its flat.
btw, how is your ghost hunting going ?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It looks quite fake to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

The cameras its filmed on are IR (Infrared) as such they flood the area with invisable light that the human eye cant see.

Anything that is dark in colour usually shows up white as the IR light bounces off it. A black top can look almost bright white at times.

Insects do often show up on CCTV Cams, we get them all the time. The ones I have seen are usually brightly lit as the IR Bounces off them, they also often leave little trails behind them as they move faster than the 12.5 or 25fps (Frames Per Second) that the DVR (Digital Video Recorder) films at. To me this does not look like an insect.

Now I cant say this is Casper as short of seeing something recognisable come floating into frame I dont think you can ever call it.

What I will say is if I found this during evidence review id be pretty happy - until I managed to explain it fully, but that day may never arrive.

There is of course the very good chance that its one of the thousands of fake videos out there that make me

edit on 10/02/1979 by ghosthunter79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ghosthunter79

There is of course the very good chance that its one of the thousands of fake videos out there...

i dont hope its fake, i spent 2 hours editing it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Sorry, but those shows have already been proven to be a hoax. They even use a computer that has already been fed with lines to make EVPs.
And then you have ghost hunters where they even slipped up sometimes showing that the "ghosts" was clearly faked.

I wish people would learn that reality tv is in most cases as far from reality as they come.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

ok, not all of these reality tv shows are honest, but do you personally believe that spirits or ghosts exist ? or are you a total non-believer ?

edit on 13-10-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well all I can say is that the show doesn't seem to be very credible, and there's plenty of allegations of fakery all over the Net regarding the show.

For instance

scifake.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

yeah, i remember, it was that live investigation show. this guy was a guest of the show and probably wanted to "help" to get more evidence. but i remember aswell that they asked him several times at the end of the show, if he had faked it, but he denied. i personally believe he did it on purpose. but to the actual ghost adventures crew i think they are honest guys.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It definitely looks PARANORMAL...

In my experience in having had a paranormal experience.

It's not as if they exactly wait around for you to take that "Pics or it didn't happen " say Cheeze" shot !

You are caught in the moment in what I would best describe as a state of WTF just happened !?

That's why it's called PARANORMAL folks...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

unfortunately these footages out of the ordinary are rare, but should increase in occurence over time, more and more cameras around thanks to mobile phones.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by juleol

ok, not all of these reality tv shows are honest, but do you personally believe that spirits or ghosts exist ? or are you a total non-believer ?

edit on 13-10-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

I am definitely a skeptic when it comes to this subject, but i will never claim that i know for sure there is no such thing as ghosts. So far i have seen no evidence that would change mind.

But i know these types of shows are fake and just about getting ratings. These shows would not have much viewers if nothing happened.
When it comes to another similar show called ghost hunters even people who were on the team or production admitted that it was a hoax.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

yeah, i remember, it was that live investigation show. this guy was a guest of the show and probably wanted to "help" to get more evidence. but i remember aswell that they asked him several times at the end of the show, if he had faked it, but he denied. i personally believe he did it on purpose. but to the actual ghost adventures crew i think they are honest guys.

You may be right about the guest hoaxing that particular event of his own accord...but there are many more examples of fishy things, and likely hoaxes from that show. Here are some more examples of them hoaxing things that I found from Googling the show's name along with the word 'hoax'

scifake.com.../ghost-adventures/discuss-ghosts-adventures-hoaxes-here/

scifake.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Is it only me or is there a silhouette head sholder outline in that blob?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

But i know these types of shows are fake and just about getting ratings. These shows would not have much viewers if nothing happened.

i had some personal experiences wit these "other-siders", so i am convinced non-human entities exist, but i know what you mean when you say you doubt. might be that you will never become a believer, because you will not experience such things yourself. maybe you will and it will change your mind one day.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

zak bagan is ok in my opinion, he is not interested in hoaxing, more in bringing the evidence. i am a fan of ghost adventure, so i am not a critic of their crew.
the link to this scifake forum is interesting, i will check it out, thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

yeah, for a couple of frames it does look like it. on another video side where uploaded this video, one of the comments said, it looks like a camera mistake. i know this kind of things from celluloid films, but not with digital cameras.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I deal with IR cameras here at work a lot, and one thing that I have noticed with them might apply to this film. In areas were air currents of different temperatures seem to interact, you sometime get optical illusions that can appear somewhat like moving waves. Sort of similar to the way that heat appears to radiate off of hot cement. I see it all the time if the camera is shooting in a dark room where it picks up light coming from under a doorway where there is airflow, and possibly a difference in air temperature, between the hallway and the room itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join