It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All 13 Crystal Skulls Trekking Across the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Cool articles but oh so boring...Most prefer the mystical extraterrestrial Indiana Jones version...

To our ancestors, fire was the summum of magick. Till they found out that there wasn't anything magical about it.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Yes I am 100% sure that they are modern European creations.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is a link to another article on the making of these crystal skulls.

The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Read the article to learn how even museums were taken by these fakes.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I thought not all of the skulls were found yet?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

The skulls are all fakes - what is there to find?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How are you so sure?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Please read this article and learn why the skulls are fake.
1. In some cases the crystal material origin has been identified. It is not from Central America.
2. There is no record that any of the skulls originated from dig sites.
3. Microscopy reveals modern tools have been used.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Topato

Please read this article and learn why the skulls are fake.
1. In some cases the crystal material origin has been identified. It is not from Central America.
2. There is no record that any of the skulls originated from dig sites.
3. Microscopy reveals modern tools have been used.

1. Maybe from another planet? I've read the alien theories.
2. Again, from another planet O:
3. Modern tools as used by the aliens?

This doesn't make them fake, just means they are not from Earth or not made by humans.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

1. These skulls are made of terrestrial materials. The exact mines can be determined by isotope analysis.
2. They were made in the 1800s. There is an ongoing trade in making such objects.
3. The tool marks are typical rotary tool marks employing diamond polishing.

Why invoke aliens? Seems rather silly when the manufacturers are Germans.

They are fake.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I watched a show on some of these skulls a while back. I though 2 or 3 of them could not be proven to be made with modern tools and flawless? I think one had the separate jawbone if I recall, and man-made tools could not duplicate it intricacy without destroying it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

I watched a show on some of these skulls a while back. I though 2 or 3 of them could not be proven to be made with modern tools and flawless? I think one had the separate jawbone if I recall, and man-made tools could not duplicate it intricacy without destroying it.

I have also read that. Most of the crystal skulls can be proven as modern or from the 1800's on but the original 13 cannot be duplicated and microscopic investigation has shown (many times) that there were no tool marks. On top of all that the recent found codices supposedly included depictions with the skulls being used in rituals.
edit on 18/11/11 by remembering because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I believe you are referring to the Mitchell-Hedges skull which is one of the well known hoaxes.

he story is that it was found in Belize. It was not. It was bought at an auction at Sotheby's. The paper trail has been located.

Here is a link to an online magazine describing a recent examination of the skull.
www.archaeology.org...

Analysis of the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull using SEM leaves little doubt that this object was carved and polished using modern, high-speed, diamond-coated, rotary, cutting and polishing tools of minute dimensions. This technology is certainly not pre-Columbian. I believe it is decidedly 20th century.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

I have also read that. Most of the crystal skulls can be proven as modern or from the 1800's on but the original 13 cannot be duplicated and microscopic investigation has shown (many times) that there were no tool marks. On top of all that the recent found codices supposedly included depictions with the skulls being used in rituals.

The claims of no tool marks is false. Read the article I posted.

The claim of recently found codices is also a hoax.

Read this blog by a well known Mayan authority.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

I am not an expert on hieroglyphs but this codex does not look like any of the four known codices. The whole design is a mess. Other codices do not include lines from glyphs to images. The images themselves are most revealing. Most of them look like hands and arms, not the typical motif found in a codex.

When Drunvalo is associated with it you can almost certainly know that it is a hoax.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That whole journey across the U.S. was a hoax IMO. I was following it while it was going on and two major things stood out to me.

1) That you had to pay for all the events and places they were stopping at. If you made an EXTRA special contribution, you could meet with one of the Mayan elders off to the side for a little one on one time. Of course, only if you shelled out some big bucks.

2) At the end of the event in L.A. they were "raffling," yes folks "raffling," off one of the "actual" skulls.

The second I read that, something didn't seem right. Then at the end of the event, it came out that they only had 3 of the original skulls (which we knew already), all the others were a replica, including the one they raffled off. I found it completely amusing that their own story changed from having "all of the 13 skulls in there possession" to "only 3 of them are original" at the "END" of the event.

Then my immediate other question is if something so extraordinary (the end of the old) was going to take place at the end of 2012, what do the Mayans need money for at all?? The whole thing reminded me of just a big messy campaign trail looking for donors.

What a total scam that whole thing turned out to be, and how much credibility they lost in my eyes as a people and culture overall. I was seriously considering traveling to LA to check it out. I am so grateful that I didn't. Wonder how many people ended up getting conned. I wouldn't believe another word they say about ANYTHING now after that whole conman fiasco!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
the original 13 cannot be duplicated and microscopic investigation has shown (many times) that there were no tool marks.

care to provide a valid source for that silly claim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join