It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Aryan Race Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Aryan. The ancient spelling of the word "Iran".

Literary means noble in old Persian and Sanskrit. noble also means a free man in Persian (kind of a more spiritual freedom than material).

It is an ancient race that still exists today in Iran.

The Aryans are not from Germany as many may think, The Germans adopted the term in the early 18th century, and it became popular in the 19th century. Relations between Iran and Germany were very good until 1941, when a joint invasion by britain and the soviet union which replaced the Reza Shah by his son.

Reza Shah

“Germany was our age-old and natural ally, Love of Germany was synonymous with love for Iran. The sound of German officers' footsteps was heard on the shores of the Nile. Swastika flags were flying from the outskirts of Moscow to the peaks of the Caucasus Mts. Iranian patriots eagerly awaited the arrival of their old allies. My friend and I would spin tales about the grandeur of the superior race. We considered Germany the chosen representative of this race in Europe and Iran its representative in Asia. The right to life and role was ours. Others had no choice but submission and slavery. We discarded the old maps and remade Iran into a country larger than what it was in Achaemenian times.”
-Reza Shah

The term originated in Iran/Persia

I am Dariush, the great king, the king of kings
The king of many countries and many peoples
The king of this expansive land,
The son of Wishtaspa of Achaemenid, Persian, the son of a Persian,
'Aryan', from the Aryan race
"From the Darius the Great's Inscription in Naqshe-e-Rostam"

Darius The Great; Written in 500BC

Darius I: king of ancient Persia, whose reign lasted from 522 to 486. He seized power after killing king Gaumâta, fought a civil war, and was finally able to refound the Achaemenid empire.

Darius the Great

Persian Empire - 500 BC - Under Darius The Great

Now meet Nader Fallah,

He is a 22-year-old worker at a plaster factory located in Iran's Lorestan province.

Fallah enjoys amazing physical strength.

Photos by Nima Dimari.

Article: An Amazing Iranian Worker

Aryan Doesnt mean that you need to be of a certain colour or race. We can all become Aryan. Through hard work and dedication, a clean heart and a clear mind we can all be noble.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
oh mehh..i thought you were going to talk about the actual race or something or how
all blue eyed people can be traced to one ancestor.

and that guy is 22?? he looks like he's in his 50's.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
oh mehh..i thought you were going to talk about the actual race or something or how
all blue eyed people can be traced to one ancestor.

and that guy is 22?? he looks like he's in his 50's.

Your mind is set on defining the word as you were taught. Aryan doesnt mean blonde and blue eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Race" is a social construct, not a physical one. There is more physical variation within "races" than there is between them. "Race," is, in essence, a simplistic idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Yes but language is adaptive, it changes via the society at the time and words have meaning beyond what they originally meant.

Its all well and good to know the meaning of what words meant, however its more relevant to know and admit to what they mean now.

There is a rich history, and peaceful one at that behind the Swastika but you wont get that tattooed on you forehead, be an awkward conversation explaining the original meaning behind it to some angry people wouldnt it?

Found some examples of this.

Artificial

This originally meant ‘full of artistic or technical skill’. Now its meaning has a very different slant.

Awful

This meant ‘full of awe’ i.e. something wonderful, delightful, amazing. However, over time it has evolved to mean exactly the opposite.

Brave

This once was used to signify cowardice. Indeed, its old meaning lives on in the word ‘bravado’.

edit on 13-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Aryan is as much a race as ginger is one.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2011 by caladonea because: wrong info...SORRY!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
in word no ,what exists/existed was an Aryan religion of the upper teir of the culture known as Indo Aryan
whose native place of origin is roughly Iran= Aryan

their cult was peculiar to their elites sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Since the topic of words has been brought up, I recall that a Persian friend of mine [He insists that he is Persian, not one of those G.D. Arab-descendants who ruined his country. His words, except that he spelled out the G. and the D.] once told me about a Persian word which sounds a lot like "America." It is Ame-Rica, and means "My Son."

BTW. this friend of mine grew up in the same part of Iran as the late Shah, and his father worked for the Shah's father. Oddly, he looks a LOT like the late Shah.

new topics

top topics

join