It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I was listening to NPR on my way into work this morning and after 20 minutes of begging for money (couldnt 20 minutes of commercials pay for all they need better than begging?) they went "to the streets" to interview some pf these protesters.

One was really upset that her 4 year history degree which she went $20,000+ into debt for was useless. Anybody surprised by that? anybody surprised that a 4 year history degree wont guarantee you a job? Anybody?

Another was a 19 year-old who dropped out of community college to attend the protests. He carried a $4,000 debt for his first year of community college which he apparently didnt even finish since he dropped out to protest. He complained about the "system." When asked by the NPR reporter to explain the "system" he responded with "you know, the system that runs everything."

They dont know what the hell they're angry about.

No, Those two did not know what they were talking about. Is NPR pre-recorded or is it live? Because NPR has been putting out the worst in interviews, like fox does. Some people dont know what they're doing, yes, But most of them do.

And what someone studies should not matter in my opinion, Because knowledge is good no matter which way you slice it. Hence why the monetary system is screwed. People can't learn what they want to learn and contribute to their field of study. If we were reliant on money, that history major would be in peru, or in south america or somewhere, learning new things about history.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

THE OFFICIAL STANCE OF THE #OOCUPYEVERYTHING - OCCUPY TOGETHER - #OCCUPYWALLSTREET MOVEMENTS AND ALL ASSOCIATED MARCHES & OCCUPATIONS THROUGHOUT THE PLANET CURRENTLY :

This group wants absolutely nothing to do with the corrupt 2 party oligarchy as both have been bought and paid by the banks, The Federal Reserve and Wall Street and does not need nor require money from 1%'rs and to say anything otherwise is a major dis service to this group and movement as a whole as we see people like Soros as being apart of the problem and does not endorse millionaires or billionaires. No corporate dollars are welcomed and if one were to attempt to finance this movement it would be rejected and returned with a note saying "No sale!"!

To believe anything else means you are being seriously deceived and tricked and said source should not be trusted or taken seriously and if it does not come from the aforementioned it is not to be taken as the official stance. No General Assembly in any group throughout the planet will amend this ever!

All are welcomed from all faiths, ethnic groups, political persuasions, LBGTI, animal and kid friendly as we will not discriminate, we will be friendly to all. Illicit narcotics (marijuana to meth while all scrips prescribed to a fellow protester are obviously allowed) and liquor (all forms) use are banned and will get someone expelled and turned over to law enforcement. Come as you are! Remember, there is no member of the 1% that is on this website which means we are all The 99%!
edit on 14-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well, depends on the definition on the 1%....

some of us just very well may be 1%ers.....

outlawsmcflorida.com...

not saying I am a member of the outlaws in particular, just sayin.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Exactly! And things that use to be taught as basiccirriculum have been removed from regular classes and designated *special ed* as the schools receive more federal monies this way. So if you want you child to learn phonics they need to be labeled as such...

Totally ridiculous and a great disservice to kids!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

What's going to be ugly is if some OWS group pisses off the Outlaws and they go to the protest to show them a thing or nine

I have rolled that one over for days, and then when hearing about an alleged rape in OH, I cringed....

That would be a very very VERY bad scene!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join