It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...

page: 2
25
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

Originally posted by AzureSky
Me personally, i am doing quite decent for being barely a year out of school. 31k a year, can't complain really. My loans are high, but im more than capable of paying them myself,
I'm not looking for a handout.
I'm looking for the end of useless expensive wars
For the government to be concerned about its people, rather than a dollar sign offered by some lobbyist
For the money that we get taxed to actually be used for us, not a bomb dropped on a daycare.

To be honest, I'de be perfectly fine if the whole system went tits up, maybe we'd have some smart people doing something instead of a bunch of morons in office. Resource based economy, best way to go.



I agree with you there 100%


Yeah, I dont like the idea of the current system crashing
But we need a reboot, and its going to happen.
More people are waking up, (and its obvious now more than ever), hopefully we can avert catastrophe. Because the global economy is on its way doooown.




posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky
 


where you live is very relevant i do not stick my nose in canadian politics so i would expect others to do the same since it doesn't effect them.

and since soros funds adbusters,open society,tides foundation,moveon,ties to ows and has a posh mansion in canada

anything said in this thread falls on deaf ears.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
just because they say they are not left wing does not make it so, sorry, they can say what they want, the visual evidence points in a different direction, as does the money. Noone believed the tea party when they said they were not a right wing movement, so why should OWS receive the benefit of the doubt?


Its not a benefit of the doubt.
Its about putting an end of labels that divide us. You know the old 'divide & conquer' strategy? They do it everywhere, and its all around us. Theres always two sides to everything. Young vs old, Repub vs Dem, Conserv vs Liberal, what have you. They are just labels. There is a bigger issue than left or right, because the movement contains both of those, and all of those things i just mentioned. If you call it left then so be it i suppose, if anyone else wants to as well, then so be it.
But they have made it abundantly clear that political partyisms are to be left at the door.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by AzureSky
 


where you live is very relevant i do not stick my nose in canadian politics so i would expect others to do the same since it doesn't effect them.

and since soros funds adbusters,open society,tides foundation,moveon,ties to ows and has a posh mansion in canada

anything said in this thread falls on deaf ears.


Im concerned at humanity as a whole, not just my country of origin
I care about my US brothers and sisters who are hungry, have no place to go, have no jobs to get, and have a broken political system, mine is broken too, i know all about my own politics too.

Falls on your deaf ears, just like every other thread i've seen you in. Now please remove yourself from this thread.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by AzureSky
 


where you live is very relevant i do not stick my nose in canadian politics so i would expect others to do the same since it doesn't effect them.

and since soros funds adbusters,open society,tides foundation,moveon,ties to ows and has a posh mansion in canada

anything said in this thread falls on deaf ears.


Also, if you read the link, and absorbed the information, it wouldn't matter who backed what. The belief is there, and not everything is a psyop
. Everything starts with an idea.

And american politics do effect me, and mine, and everyone. Look at the people in iraq, sure as hell american politics are effecting there too. What america does, and what these huge powerful people/corps do, effects everyone.
edit on 13/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky
 


Angry,desperate people often times resort to angry
desperate means.People will be pushed to the point
where they will finally stand up and do something.The
question is,will they act like an angry mob or stand united
to fight back?
Angry mobs often times lose control and act out irrationally.
A strong,united front should be able to turn things around.
Hope for the best,but keep your powder dry! It will end up
being a very bumpy ride.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by AzureSky
 


Angry,desperate people often times resort to angry
desperate means.People will be pushed to the point
where they will finally stand up and do something.The
question is,will they act like an angry mob or stand united
to fight back?
Angry mobs often times lose control and act out irrationally.
A strong,united front should be able to turn things around.
Hope for the best,but keep your powder dry! It will end up
being a very bumpy ride.


Thats why i see this as somewhat different, This isnt just for the sake of 'doing it', these young people are smart as hell, and the next generation will be even smarter. And they will be able to bring the human race to places we cant even determine at this point in time. I think the united front thing will come to pass, I hope so. If not, stock up some more


SM2

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by SM2
just because they say they are not left wing does not make it so, sorry, they can say what they want, the visual evidence points in a different direction, as does the money. Noone believed the tea party when they said they were not a right wing movement, so why should OWS receive the benefit of the doubt?


Its not a benefit of the doubt.
Its about putting an end of labels that divide us. You know the old 'divide & conquer' strategy? They do it everywhere, and its all around us. Theres always two sides to everything. Young vs old, Repub vs Dem, Conserv vs Liberal, what have you. They are just labels. There is a bigger issue than left or right, because the movement contains both of those, and all of those things i just mentioned. If you call it left then so be it i suppose, if anyone else wants to as well, then so be it.
But they have made it abundantly clear that political partyisms are to be left at the door.


They can say that all they want man. Guilt by association, when the tea party had some support from the right, everyone, more than likely you as well, screamed it was a right wing movement created out of hatred and racism towards Obama. Now that Van Jones was on TV not too long saying the left wing version of tea party was going to come out this fall, and appreantly it has, they get a pass. That is hypocritical at best. Just come out and say what it is, no need to hide, people are not that stupid. It is a left wing movement, its ok, the left can have their movement, just as much as the right, nothing wrong it, just be honest about it.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2
 


Left. Right. Useless labels. Divide and conquer.
Guess we'll see when the economy slams into the floor. All movements of change start with the young. And im not going to admit to some left/right thing when i don't believe we should be seperated as such. We're all humans. And we all deserve a good quality of life, clean water, healthy food, a home.
the young are tired of living under a 1930's paradigm, it's not working, and hasn't worked in a long time.

But whatever you would like to believe, that is okay. I tie this belief into a spiritual awakening as well, because it seems more and more people are waking, and there are a lot of people who cannot go to said protest because of their commitments to their families, jobs and such.

I guess we'll see, its entertaining to say the least.


SM2

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I never said people did not deserve those things, but if you think those things should be provided for by the government, then you have issues that can not be worked out on a message board, you would need therepy in that case. The job of government is not to provide a home, or food for it's citizens. it is there to provide the evironment to allow people to get it themselves.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
I never said people did not deserve those things, but if you think those things should be provided for by the government, then you have issues that can not be worked out on a message board, you would need therepy in that case. The job of government is not to provide a home, or food for it's citizens. it is there to provide the evironment to allow people to get it themselves.


The only job a government has right now is to kowtow to their corporate masters.
i agree, it shouldn't be for federal government. They stick their noses in too much as i see it.
But if we humans werent enslaved (which we are when you really really think about it),
We could grow enough food to feed everyone, the government doesnt have to do anything about that. If money didn't exist, we could just pop down and give some african village some real clean water facilities and some hydroponic farms. Or supply our own population with energy efficient homes, ones that produce energy with solar, or other various forms of energy. Why is solor not taking over? because it does not produce profit.

Sorry, im just really on edge. Just seems to me that people get on my nerves sometimes, its not you, just working 14 hours today so i can pay down my collecting bills a little more this pay. Le tired.

Resource based economy is what we need. Not monetary based. Check out The Venus project, good representation of where we could be.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

do not sit there and tell me how these people are fighting for freedom and liberty


They aren't fighting fro freedom and liberty. They are fighting for a fair shake. They are fighting for the chance to raise a family without being indentured slaves to corporations that get the hand outs that are being taken away fro the most vulnerable in society, they are fighting for their right to be represented by their elected representatives whether or not they can make large campaign contributions, they are fighting to have a little piece of the pie that the corporate world is hogging, with the help of their buddies in government. They are fighting so that their children will not inherit a world ruled by fat cats in fancy suits who value profit over basic human morality.

A government for the the people and by the people, Bollocks. It's a government for the corporations and increasingly, by the corporations.

I sat in the meeting today, where high level executives gushed about a record breaking financial quarter, I haven't had a raise in two years.

And..I'm supposed to be grateful. I pay my taxes, go to work, and still they want more, more time, more money..

Somethings in life are very simple, there is right and there is wrong. When profit for 1% is earned on the backs of everyone else, it's just simply WRONG.



posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

do not sit there and tell me how these people are fighting for freedom and liberty


They aren't fighting fro freedom and liberty. They are fighting for a fair shake. They are fighting for the chance to raise a family without being indentured slaves to corporations that get the hand outs that are being taken away fro the most vulnerable in society, they are fighting for their right to be represented by their elected representatives whether or not they can make large campaign contributions, they are fighting to have a little piece of the pie that the corporate world is hogging, with the help of their buddies in government. They are fighting so that their children will not inherit a world ruled by fat cats in fancy suits who value profit over basic human morality.

A government for the the people and by the people, Bollocks. It's a government for the corporations and increasingly, by the corporations.

I sat in the meeting today, where high level executives gushed about a record breaking financial quarter, I haven't had a raise in two years.

And..I'm supposed to be grateful. I pay my taxes, go to work, and still they want more, more time, more money..

Somethings in life are very simple, there is right and there is wrong. When profit for 1% is earned on the backs of everyone else, it's just simply WRONG.


Thats what i'm saying
Thats why it irks me that people just dont grasp it, its so simple.
Its not right vs left, us vs them, republican vs democrat. It is Right vs wrong
And that # is WRONG!


SM2

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
they are not fighting for a fair shake, they are fighting for more hand outs. Sorry, but when they say they want free education, free this or free that. I want to know, in their marxist utopia, who is paying for all of this? I am sorry, but nothing is free, everything has a cost. You can not just flip a magical switch and all of a sudden every professor is going to educate everyone for free, if you think they will, go ask the teachers union. While i agree 100% that banks use shady lending practices, however, you can always not sign the loan documents. You can avoid student loans by working even harder to get a scholarship. You can avoid the mortgage by saving up. Now to the corporations...yes they are a money making machine, well, thats what they are there to do, a business makes money. If their is a corporation you do not like, do not buy their products. but the heart of the matter, you think living under the bankers and corpratists is bad, try living under a communist or marxist regime, worked out great for all those chinese and soviets didnt it?



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky
 


If this site/these people are legit-
AWESOMEEEE!!!
Inspiring and...
totally made me cry (I'm a sentimental fool- and proud! lol
)
Thank you for sharing



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yup.

We are sick of the proverbial screwjob that's occurring right now. The people have had it. Either stand with the movement or get out of it's way.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky
 


The entire protest is funded by very anti American money. The fact most of the protestor and supporters don't see that as a problem....only makes the problem seem WORSE to me

I am not just going off pictures, I really wanted to know so I have been participating in many threads on ATS and what I hear and see makes all the pics that other poster posted seem MORE than legitimate!

Worst of all, while many of the supporters have a very misinformed belief in our country's history, not only are they ignorant of the history AND the Constitution...if you even ask for any manner of proof as in say a historic event or enactment of law or ANYTHING to support their views with a basis in factual history, all I have ever gotten back is excuses as to why they can't or wont take the time to show me or they just attack attack attack

With most of the crowd the Constitution of the United States is a dirty word.....

The more I inquire the more disgusted I am getting. I have been accused of all manner of things and most of them aren't even close to true.... Funniest of all is when they say I am protecting the banks....HA I don't even use banks...but guess what??? My attackers DO lololol now how ironic is THAT?

It is truly a sorry day in America



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed
 


There is absolutely zero indication that foreign interests are financing this so retract that statement as it is false. So American's financing an American based protest is Anti American? Where is your logic?

There are more copies of The Constitution in this movement then there is in most libraries. We are all for the doc and will stand with it for eternity.

Wow!

Until you actually attend one (I've been to Zucotti NYC once and Jersey City Journal Square 4 times) do not speak of the group.

To other naysayers,

We are sick of how little sway the American people actually have over the outcome of our own Congress as there is so much corporate money flowing into politicians pockets and election campaign war chests that are spent to keep them continually voting against our best interests and only being a 1 sided Congress. The groups we oppose are the ones coming after your guns, your rights, your country. By comparison the money a person gives is like a penny on the dollar compared to how much corporate interests gives. We fight for you as we all are The 99%!
edit on 14-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


George Sorros is neither an American nor pro American and he is even openly taking credit for the funding

moveon.org

Do a little research.....

Wiki on Sorros and moveon:

en.wikipedia.org...


PS while it is STILL America I will say whatever I like and you can kiss my pattootie if you don't like it
edit on 10/14/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
things are bad in the country and in the world ,even a blind or a child can see that. is this accion of ows the correct?who knows? one thing is for sure,accion is better then inaccion.correccion is always posible along the way.i suspect the ones that dont want to take accion are confty in there situacions.and when we look at our leaders ,can we say with honesty they are triying to fix it? are they triying to fix it?now please answer that honestly or just be silent.
edit on 14-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join