It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I found this news very interesting and surprising, specially when many claim that US has been trying to spread Christianity in middle east countries after invasion.

Interesting that Christian churches were more common before US intervention in Afghanistan that they are now.

There is not a single, public Christian church left in Afghanistan, according to the U.S. State Department.

This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government and more than 1,700 U.S. military personnel have died serving in that country.

The last public Christian church in Afghanistan was razed in March 2010, according to the State Department's latest International Religious Freedom Report. The report, which was released last month and covers the period of July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010, also states that "there were no Christian schools in the country."

worth-reading-blog.blogspot.com...

After the invasion of Afghanistan littler by littler the Christan churches has been destroyed, now what I don't understand is why under the Taliban rule they were allowed, but now under just Islam rule they are been destroyed.

I thought things were supposed to improved for the nation. But their feedom of religion has actually decline since the Taliban years.

Very surprising that people even had some kind of religious freedom at all during Taliban rule.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Afghan people probably began to leave the Christian Churches upon hearing the 10 commandments, and in particular, the one about "Thou Shalt Not Kill"....as their family, friends and neighbors are being bombed and killed by robotic missile wielding drones on a daily basis.

And realized what a bunch of Hypocrites those Christians are !!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department

Just another indicator that the illegal occupation of Afghanistan and the war on terror are complete failures, or a front for other nefarious purposes. I would say both.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It probably happened due to Christianity being tied with the American troops killing and raping their country and people.

What with the whole crusade rhetoric that gets thrown around.

Certainly seems like America has declared war on Brown non Christians.
edit on 13-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When I read the article I was just as surprise as I know many may have of you are, I actually thought that US was trying to spread no only capitalism, but Christianity into this countries, but this news are very disturbing to me.

Like some of you said, the reason for invasion are far more complex that we may have been geared to believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh, this is just the beginning.

Soon, the U.S. will have to offer political/religious asylum to all of those Christians from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, (already have started) Eqypt, and the list will grow....just as has been done for other countries like Somalia years back.

"War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing" in conditions like this--where the Christians, prior to invasion/attack had at least some peace under their leaders, beside their muslim neighbors until.....

edit on 13-10-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

When I read the article I was just as surprise as I know many may have of you are, I actually thought that US was trying to spread no only capitalism, but Christianity into this countries, but this news are very disturbing to me.

No, even in the most moderate of muslim countries the attempt to spread Christianity is a faux pas.

Especially under duress/war-like conditions...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The whole M.E. and west Asia is doing this.

How many were there before anyway?

1 dozen? a hundred? Two?

How many got bombed out or shot-up?

Look at the butchering in Egypt.

How many are in Saudi Arabia......It's against the law there !!!!! ..Ya, wake up !

Who's behind this outrage anyway?

How many in Iran?

Even Israel is pretty good with the Christians there ... I think.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
It probably happened due to Christianity being tied with the American troops killing and raping their country and people.

What with the whole crusade rhetoric that gets thrown around.

Certainly seems like America has declared war on Brown non Christians.
edit on 13-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

They brought it to you. Not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

The Afghan people probably began to leave the Christian Churches upon hearing the 10 commandments, and in particular, the one about "Thou Shalt Not Kill"....as their family, friends and neighbors are being bombed and killed by robotic missile wielding drones on a daily basis.

And realized what a bunch of Hypocrites those Christians are !!

You sir are a bigot. "LOL".

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

After the invasion of Afghanistan littler by littler the Christan churches has been destroyed, now what I don't understand is why under the Taliban rule they were allowed, but now under just Islam rule they are been destroyed.

The sad same thing is happening in Kosovo,kosovo albanians destroying churches and jump on them like wild momkeys

edit on 14-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join