It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been refused service by a palm reader?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Not me, but my dad was always refused service at psychic shops, and my mom has a grounding of 79% at birth and 93% a this time. I personally have never been in to the one by my house unless im buying somthing in the giftstore. (Its a psygift shop/School/Reading place) I should Get a reading done (Aura) but i just haven't gotten around to it.
edit on 14-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For those who don't see the future, they have difficulties understanding what the implications of that is. For instance, some waves of fate has been set. That means disturbing those waves will have consequences. It can be harmless, like there is a lot of things people are meant to find out for themselves. That is often the case. When you start speaking about the future, you cause ripples that can't be undone. A smart psychic would know when to cut all contact. The reactions to people meddling could be that a person misses a nice opportunity. It can also be anything else. For a psychic, "anything" can be quite a scary word. Because the forces that sets these things right are the forces of nature. It is smart to go with nature, not against it.

If a fortune-teller refuses your service, maybe later you will see you made a life-altering decision afterwards. Perhaps it was the meaning that you would take your own life in your hands. Psychics should not meddle in the important part of peoples lives. I think most people will agree to this if they think about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The only similar experience that I know of was that I was supposed to visit a psychic with some work mates and couldn't afford to so the brother of a work mate took my place. They got to the psychic, who was well known in Glasgow, and as he met the group and said hello to them, he got to the brother and told him he couldn't read him! He told him that he wasn't meant to be there, that he had taken the place of someone and that the psychic wasn't prepared to "read" him. He didn't go back for a reading and I went at a later date and I was told a load of pish; so much for this wonderful psychic that everyone raved about.

I know its not the same, but I wonder if for whatever reason these people just couldnt "read" you and made it seem more dramatic than what it shouldve been. Or maybe you really are an agent of Satan

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well I must say that I was surprised to have received pictures of your hands in my Message Box, I would have expected you to post them for all to see. Now I cannot share them because they really are not mine to share!

I am also guessing that any "insight" will not be shared publicly either and we will be doing this via "private" message? No biggy I guess! LOL It just sort of seems counter since there are far better palm readers than I am and who knows who is reading that could help you.

Ironically, just after receiving your palms, I watched the latest video of Jonathan Kleck! Wow, what a fabulous ending to an incredible journey! I am apt now not to read your hands and just pass this as, "nothing to see here", even though I do see several things already. Wouldn't that be a kicker, another person turning you down!

In any event, I think you should consider letting the community see these palms; they are unique in that I have never actually met you! Your fingers have embraced life but you are not extending your pinky outward so this says that you wish to "hold onto" or "pull inward" that part of you that is considered your "personality". It doesn't mean you are withdrawn it means you are withdrawing at the moment these pictures were taken. This means you are not yet prepared to open to this. I can assure you though that you already know the answer to the question!

In the meantime, I guess I could share Jonathan's work, but that might cloud this thread and that is not what I want to do; my inclusion of Jonathan was only because he effects the very fabric of my understanding of Christ! Amen!

As for divination, these are the days when the young shall see and the old shall prophesy, it is "in the air" so to speak, and although most Christians refrain from such things it is wholly available to all; the Spirit of the reader does not change unless they embrace fear. I prefer to face it and envelop it so that I may fully know it, and no amount of darkness can extinguish a light as long as there is a light! No matter how deep or how dark it gets, the spark within is the flame that cannot be removed.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
visualmiscreant, you have your Palm Reading waiting for you in your in-box! Enjoy!

I will send along one more message later with the numbers!

Too awesome, I do hope you consider letting your palms out "publicly", I think it would be awesome to see the differences in interpretations since mine is hidden from view!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Ok, no problem. Here is the picture. If you would like the reading public, that is up to you. Like I've said in another post, my family motto is "esse quam videri" which means "to be rather than to appear", and I have lived in that fashion even before I knew about the motto.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I have never felt the presence of God so intensely as I did in jail/prison. This sounds weird to many who would expect his presence to be stronger in "sacred places". I was often protected there, and I knew it. Had you lived it you would know it too. Thanks man, I'll check the link reference soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
I really have to ask, as a Christian what on earth were you doing going to a palm reader?
It is not for us to know the future, but to have faith that God will usher us onto a path of His choosing - trusting Him all the while. You do realize that the forces which operate behind these dark arts are not friendly? Not to mention forbidden in Scripture? It's a blessing she turned you away. She probably sensed the indwelling spirit of truth in you and backed off, somehow knowing her place in the presence of the King.

"Regard not mediums, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 19:31

Walk in the light of the Lamb's footsteps..

Regards,

FTE
edit on 14-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: verb tense correction

Thanks for your reply. Actually I was in jail with the reader on the first occasion, and the second I never even spoke to. I understand your concerns as to my Christianity, which I must say is intact. I follow the teachings of Christ as closely as I can, and personally don't find myself bound by Levitican Law. This was the reason for the second covenant for the old has been fulfilled. I realize that many still follow the teachings of Moses, but a greater than Moses has come, and we are saved by grace as a result of his sacrifice. This is one of the primary tenets of His teachings...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
She prolly thought you would refuse payment.
Edit: Heh, Palm readers and religious folk are all in the same bag.
edit on 14-10-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

I was in jail, and there was to be no charge for the reading. On the second attempt, the fee never got spoken of.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Have had it happen many times over the years.. from palm readers, gypsies, chinese fortune tellers etc.. All turn pale and ask me to leave or if out on street where some ply their trade they grab up their stuff and leave fast..

It was troubling to me at the time as well, and unfortunately made those around me (in jail) superstitious about me. That could have been dangerous...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
Not me, but my dad was always refused service at psychic shops, and my mom has a grounding of 79% at birth and 93% a this time. I personally have never been in to the one by my house unless im buying somthing in the giftstore. (Its a psygift shop/School/Reading place) I should Get a reading done (Aura) but i just haven't gotten around to it.
edit on 14-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

Personally, I see no harm in it, but to each his own. If my faith were to crumble after such a thing, then I wouldn't have had much to begin with.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
For those who don't see the future, they have difficulties understanding what the implications of that is. For instance, some waves of fate has been set. That means disturbing those waves will have consequences. It can be harmless, like there is a lot of things people are meant to find out for themselves. That is often the case. When you start speaking about the future, you cause ripples that can't be undone. A smart psychic would know when to cut all contact. The reactions to people meddling could be that a person misses a nice opportunity. It can also be anything else. For a psychic, "anything" can be quite a scary word. Because the forces that sets these things right are the forces of nature. It is smart to go with nature, not against it.

If a fortune-teller refuses your service, maybe later you will see you made a life-altering decision afterwards. Perhaps it was the meaning that you would take your own life in your hands. Psychics should not meddle in the important part of peoples lives. I think most people will agree to this if they think about it.

Understood. It was Persian Magi who first worshipped Jesus, and this is perhaps why I have no qualms with such. They saw these things in a fashion I know nothing of.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ficargul
The only similar experience that I know of was that I was supposed to visit a psychic with some work mates and couldn't afford to so the brother of a work mate took my place. They got to the psychic, who was well known in Glasgow, and as he met the group and said hello to them, he got to the brother and told him he couldn't read him! He told him that he wasn't meant to be there, that he had taken the place of someone and that the psychic wasn't prepared to "read" him. He didn't go back for a reading and I went at a later date and I was told a load of pish; so much for this wonderful psychic that everyone raved about.

I know its not the same, but I wonder if for whatever reason these people just couldnt "read" you and made it seem more dramatic than what it shouldve been. Or maybe you really are an agent of Satan

Interesting story as well. There are many out there who try to fool us, most of them are called politicians...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
When I posted this thread, I truly didn't expect to get so many responses. Some have been comical, some have been sincere and some have been enlightening to a degree. I would like to publicly thank everyone for they're interest in my well being, and I assure you that I have been deeply touched.

From this point on, in order to make it easier on myself, I will not be replying to each post individually. I will however jump in when the need arises. Thanks...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by Greensage

Ok, no problem. Here is the picture. If you would like the reading public, that is up to you. Like I've said in another post, my family motto is "esse quam videri" which means "to be rather than to appear", and I have lived in that fashion even before I knew about the motto.

Awesome! Maybe some other palmist, novice or otherwise can share and the OP can compare and make a final assessment!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
After examining the readings of Greensage, I must say that I am impressed. This will be difficult to follow. He did two readings including the palms and numerology chart for my birth.

Bellamente also did a reading for me based on Astrology, and again, quite impressive.

Neither of them predicted my future, but accurately described things in my past and present. It is as if they were archaeologists on a dig in some remote corner of the world. Most impressive also was the presentation of their assessments. Either of them could definitely be doing this for a living.

One of my friends payed for her college education through Bachelor's degree with a "900" number reading tarot cards. After going to work as a counselor of those who have attempted suicide, her job allowed her college credits for her on-the-job experience. She now has a Masters Degree through this program, and has just finished building a new home.

Also, I have as of yet seen no reason in either reading to have been refused by the Jamaican palm reader, or the friends neighbor. Perhaps these people saw the tragedies in my near future, and didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. Either way, this has been an interesting experience for me, and I thank Bellamente and Greensage for their time.

edit on 10/14/2011 by visualmiscreant because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

delete please
edit on 14-10-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ficargul
The only similar experience that I know of was that I was supposed to visit a psychic with some work mates and couldn't afford to so the brother of a work mate took my place. They got to the psychic, who was well known in Glasgow, and as he met the group and said hello to them, he got to the brother and told him he couldn't read him! He told him that he wasn't meant to be there, that he had taken the place of someone and that the psychic wasn't prepared to "read" him.

This sounds an awfully lot like "I did all my background checks and looked up stuff on the first guy, and now somebody else shows up, so I gotta make up some excuse."

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Or maybe there was something about his eyes that told the palm reader "You can't BS this man, so don't try".

I have to agree with this statement. I will private message you on the why.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

Originally posted by followtheevidence
I really have to ask, as a Christian what on earth were you doing going to a palm reader?
It is not for us to know the future, but to have faith that God will usher us onto a path of His choosing - trusting Him all the while. You do realize that the forces which operate behind these dark arts are not friendly? Not to mention forbidden in Scripture? It's a blessing she turned you away. She probably sensed the indwelling spirit of truth in you and backed off, somehow knowing her place in the presence of the King.

"Regard not mediums, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 19:31

Walk in the light of the Lamb's footsteps..

Regards,

FTE
edit on 14-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: verb tense correction

Thanks for your reply. Actually I was in jail with the reader on the first occasion, and the second I never even spoke to. I understand your concerns as to my Christianity, which I must say is intact. I follow the teachings of Christ as closely as I can, and personally don't find myself bound by Levitican Law. This was the reason for the second covenant for the old has been fulfilled. I realize that many still follow the teachings of Moses, but a greater than Moses has come, and we are saved by grace as a result of his sacrifice. This is one of the primary tenets of His teachings...

That doesn't change the nature of the forces which feed information to mediums. Really, even if suddenly God said - "no big, do as you wish" - the forces which are communicating with mediums, palmists, psychics, etc are duplicitous and deceitful. How could you EVER know that the information you are being given is reliable?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join