It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

easily double your income, just do what I do - it works!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lets be honest, the jobs market aint exactly buzzing with opportunities at the moment is it?

Times are hard and our pound/dollar doesnt go very far these days, it seems TPTB don't really give a rats ass about us. The politicians, bankers and lawmakers seem to be a law unto themselves...it really is a case of every man for themselves.

The solution to your money woes is extremely simple, if you have the balls to do it...just do what i did..

LIE ON YOUR CV

Now, I'm not talking 'i'm a cambridge educated brain surgeon' type lying...that would be silly.

I didnt go to college, or university...yet I still earn way more than any of my friends who did.

Have you ever thought 'I could do that job - easy'..? well do it, just research the job thoroughly and blatantly lie on the CV/application form....do this enough and at some stage it will work - just have faith in your bulls''''''g abilities.

why settle for minimum wage, the MW is an insult - just another way of your boss saying "if i could pay you less, i would.."

Most jobs are a piece of piss once your in anyway - trust me!

any questions please ask

much love, Stu xx

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hahahah you know when i was in school we had a moch interview
and i actually wrote a nice BS resume and went in there with suit and tie and just played it like an actor, he bought it allll. i was impresse with myself, however, lying in reality just seems kind of wrong to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Haha!
I know someone who has actually done that, and is working a pretty lush job because of it. He has been working for the place for years, they never checked out his resume. Mind you he is not working as a doctor or lawyer or something, that would be scary. One thing though...isn't your job history seachable via your SS number? Say hospital B can see that I really did work for hospital A using my SS number, or some other such way?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Used to be much easier to do. Nowadays though, with so much information online, vetting an employee is much, much easier for employees, so do so at your own risk.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

the thing is, there is no need to lie about where you actually worked - because when your new employer sends for a reference it never comes back with details of the actual job you did - just what you like as an employee.

if you dont have a prev job, just make one up and put a mate down as the contact for the reference!

its a risky strategy, but it does work if you got the nutz for it lol

ive never heard of checking social security numbers, perhaps in government, military etc...not sure

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i think you just have to be careful and clever - its when you try to be too much of a smart ass that you can come unstuck!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

nah, screw it mate...its a dog eat dog world! most jobs are actually pretty easy - seriously although it took me about a month to actually understand what i was meant to be doing in my job - nobdy EVER questioned it!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So what happens when you prevent a qualified individual (one who actually pursued suitable training/education) from gaining rightful employment by lying about your own formal skill set? How is this okay? When did lying become acceptable? I'd rather remain a hard-working, yet very poor college student than jeopardize my integrity.

Regards,

FTE

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

yeah, i used to think the same...then i realised im just as capable at doing many jobs as a more experienced person...... the last president of the USA is a prime example

sure, its not for everyone but what the heck.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lying is a shortcut that sometimes work in the short run; never in the long run.

That aside, why should we believe that this or anything you say is true? You've just admitted to being a liar.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123

I was working for a small appliance/ A/C repair shop from 86-94 when the owner retired and closed up shop.

I applied to the local pipefitter union for their HVAC program/jobs and lied on my app about my knowledge of HVAC equipment in the residential/commercial fields. I wen to Borders books and got a few of the books on HVAC service/maintenance I could find and took them to friends and family's homes. I took myself through a crash course for 3 weeks tearing apart and rebuilding most of my peops HVAC equipment. Was hired on by the union and stayed there for 4 years while utilizing their training school at nights to members.

Then I became a HVAC service tech mercenary after I felt good in my service skills. Shopping my skills to the highest paying jobs. Would spend no more then a couple years with any company before moving on to another one which would give me signing bonuses + a decent raise in pay. This was in Philly, PA.

I moved to SLC, Utah 10 years ago and app'd to the county here lieing again saying I was proficient in chiller work. They hired me on and I stayed with them and learned more about chillers and especially the chiller systems for ice rinks and the VAV systems for the county jail.
Also began training for building automation control systems programming. I have now moved on to a school district and am their HVAC department coordinator, overseeing a crew of techs to service 50+ facilities. I also oversee the design of the HVAC systems we are having installed into our new schools.

This is one example where lieing turned out to be a good thing for a person. But I am a good bull#ter, very personable and friendly, many family and friends say I should have been trial attorney. I also took responsibility for the many mistakes I made and that made management ok putting up with me through the years. Much of my call backs I fixed on my dime, not company time.

I am now comfortable knowing that I have decent cushy job(I did pay my hard labor dues in the past) for the next 20 years that will keep a roof over my childrens' heads and food in their bellies.
edit on 13-10-2011 by NonC0nf0rmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

When did lying become acceptable?

Since ALL company, corporations, bankers, politicians, business owner etc... name it all, lying to us constantly, its just fair to treat them with their own medecine.

As for your case, i do not want to insult you but, yes its unfair, you pay for college have debt etc... but you have to realize that the world change for the worst days after days, we are in survival mode, so i understand people will do everything to survive and its do not include playing by the rules.

Anyway since when the Elite are playing by the rules. Frak them.

So lying on c.v, stabbing coworkers in the back for some advantages, stealing from the cie you work for, making some work underside, not paying your impots and taxes are become more and more acceptable meaning to survive.

Morality ? Ethic ? Honor ? in 2011, are you so naive ? lol

Ouf, no offense im a little bit on the edge today...
edit on 13/10/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
So what happens when you prevent a qualified individual (one who actually pursued suitable training/education) from gaining rightful employment by lying about your own formal skill set? How is this okay? When did lying become acceptable? I'd rather remain a hard-working, yet very poor college student than jeopardize my integrity.

Regards,

FTE

This is the real world, it is about survival.

If a person is more qualified on paper but lacks the enthusiasm to actually land the job that is not my fault.

This notion people in current society have about this feeling of entitlement because they just are, is the BS that is destroying this country. Hard work and dedication gets you places, not pieces of paper. I know quite a few folks with degrees who can not get a job in their respective field because they feel their schooling gives them the right to not have to take an entry level position. So they sit on their butts for years waiting for that perfect job they could land only to end up bankrupt, miserable working a customer service job like at a call center, McDs,etc...

If I have to lie and take someone elses job opportunity to feed myself and my family, keep a roof over their heads I will do it over and over, without regret. Your well being is not in my best interest when it comes to my interest in my families well being.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NonC0nf0rmist

Your well being is not in my interest when it comes to my interest in my families well being.

its pretty much resume all i wanna said...

Btw, i totally agree with you NonC0nf0rmist

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
why settle for minimum wage, the MW is an insult - just another way of your boss saying "if i could pay you less, i would.."

That's exactly right. The minimum wage is an artifical government-imposed construct In a supply and demand scenario there are people who would do the job for less. Every increase in the minimum wage results in a loss of entry-level jobs, meaning people, particularly young people, are unable to gain experience that would justify a higher wage.

Also, if you lie on your application, that is grounds for immediate termination, no matter how long you have been working. If you are willing to work with that hanging over your head, that's fine, but no one should feel sorry for you if you are fired.

It is also a character issue. If you are willing to lie on your CV, what else are you willing to lie about? Would you be willing to steal from your employer if you had the chance? Given what you have said, I would guess, "Yes." Would you cheat either your employer or customer? Given what you have said, I would guess, "Yes." Can I trust you to be honest in anything?" Given what you have said, I would guess, "No." Would you cheat on your spouse? Given what you have said, I would guess, "Yes." The problem is that when you consider yourself your own moral authority, no one else can trust you.
edit on 10/13/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Regards,

FTE

But in the UK for the last few years, most of the vacancies are for manager type roles.

I've never been a manager but thought I could do it easily, only thing is the applicants are required to have previous experience and don't offer any training to have that experience.

If I have to lie about it to get that job after years of unsuccessful interviews then you're damn right I'll do what the OP suggests so that I'm no longer living underneath the breadline.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
....i thought this one was a given.

they cant possibly check everything.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

That's what most of America has been doing for a while now.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

Since ALL company, corporations, bankers, politicians, business owner etc... name it all, lying to us constantly, its just fair to treat them with their own medecine.

As for your case, i do not want to insult you but, yes its unfair, you pay for college have debt etc... but you have to realize that the world change for the worst days after days, we are in survival mode, so i understand people will do everything to survive and its do not include playing by the rules.

Anyway since when the Elite are playing by the rules. Frak them.

So lying on c.v, stabbing coworkers in the back for some advantages, stealing from the cie you work for, making some work underside, not paying your impots and taxes are become more and more acceptable meaning to survive.

Ouf, no offense im a little bit on the edge today...
edit on 13/10/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

Fair to employ the very same tactics of said elitist sociopaths as a form of retaliation? Vaguely arguable.

Effective? Not even close.

We're in survival mode? How does this justify anything? The primary objective has always been survival. Please reference a point in time when humanity wasn't in "survival mode?"

If you really want to "frak" the corporate elitists, stop buying their products/services. Withdraw your fiscal support instead of swindling it from your fellow have-nots.

Except, this approach only loots the little guy. The "elitists" aren't even touched by this, to any degree whatsoever.

Not paying your taxes? That only hikes rates for the rest of an already financially weary tax base. A lot of good that'll do for an already burdened, exhausted, and demoralized citizenry.

Lying? Cheating? Back stabbing? In 2011, are you so cliche?

In your misguided attempt to screw "the man", you have become the man.

edit on 13-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NonC0nf0rmist

Your well being is not in my best interest when it comes to my interest in my families well being.

Right. Which is why it's a very good thing that I'm willing to earn my keep instead of appealing to you or anyone else through whatever form of subterfuge you prefer to ensure my well-being.
edit on 13-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: missing hyphen

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join