It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon doesn't know where the money is going

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
WTF!!!! Seriously????

I stumbled across this article on the Malaysian MSN home page and jumped on ATS to see what folks take was and to my surprise it didnt appear in search.

The Defense Department, which has promised to publish a reliable account of how it spends its money by 2017, has discovered that its financial ledgers are in worse shape than expected and that it will have to spend billions of dollars in the coming years to make its financial accounting credible

How can the worlds most sophisticated military not know where its money is going?

The Government Accountability Office said in a report last month that although the services can now fully track incoming appropriations, they still can't demonstrate that their funds are being spent as they should be.

But its all good, they have a solution to the problem

But the effort to speed accountability will itself be costly. Pentagon officials were already budgeting $300 million a year for new accounting systems and other preparations for 2017. The CPI reported that several officials estimated that meeting the earlier deadline could cause that spending to rise beyond a billion dollars over the next three years.

So what theyll do is spend another Billion to figure out where all the wasted Billions are going.
Phew...... and I thought there may have been an issue.

To me this just reeks of BS, more likely they dont want to disclose where the money is going.

So whats everyones take on this? genuine mistake? not wanting to disclose to congress/ the public where the money is being spent? or not wanting to incite panic over the fact its all being spent on building underground super bunkers?

Be interesting to hear from the yanks on this one

Link to article

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

really 300million to fix the problem of "gee whered all that money go"...

I ran a business fairly efficiently with something called quicken...
edit on 13-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

really 300million to fix the problem of "gee whered all that money go"...

I ran a business fairly efficiently with something called quicken...
edit on 13-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

LOL tell me about it

You think even a moron with a pen and paper would be able to figure it out.

OK we gave this department $X and it spent $Y here and $Z here.
Then we gave this department etc etc etc

Not exactly rocket science IMHO but then again what would I know

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They are stealing it from within and ANYBODY that blows the whistle or follows the process to report it....

Will find themselves without a job.

So keep your mouth shut on what you see happening.

To save money Congress contracted out some activities....ain't saving money.

The contractors are hocking what they can carry out. The Corporate head of the contractors are bribing the Senate to keep it going on....politicians getting money in their pockets from the big Defense Contractors....

Buy stock in Optima Batteries.....they're flying out of DOD like hot cakes. Along with God knows what else.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sounds like Rumsfeld has his legacy running strong eh?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yeah maybe we should take around a hat here to send one calculator to the pentagon, apparently they are all out.

new topics

top topics

join