It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary Prospect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this lecture in Youtube. It's about exponentialisation. The figures this guy projects for population growth and resource consumption are frightening yet derived from basic arithmetic.There are 8 parts.I'm uploading the first 2. If someone needs me to put up the rest just say. The rest is on Youtube

Can anybody punch holes in this?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You cant punch holes in fact.
And I saw this a wile back, it really is a good watch.
I strongly recommend people to watching this. The chess part is reaaaaally good, and makes you think.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great video for sure...my buddy tried getting me to watch it a year ago, and the first 2 minutes really bored me so I didnt pay attention, until he started watching it at a later date and I was casually listening to what was being said, then really caught my interest...

so in short, my advice is give the first clip the whole length until you decide to keep going

My question is... What time is it?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Excellent post! S&F

I'm on video #3 of the 8 parts. This guy is great, and it's nice to see some of the old news clippings, and how a lot of his predictions have come to pass. I live along the Colorado front range, and the population has exploded here. It's pretty sick, actually.

If you want to watch all 8 videos, here's the link for the entire series.

Clicky

edit on 13-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: added series link.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Great videos, s&s&flag!

I wish more people where interested in what this guy and other like him have to say.
We are living in exponential times now, no one sees where it's headed.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

Thanks.
I've been somewhat aware of the effect of exponentialisation, as it was one of the things in math class that I grasped with relative ease. However I had never really examined the phenomenon in respect to global population and finite resources. It is an eye opener when you actually ponder the question repeatedly asked in the video. "What time is it?

I think a lot of people will dismiss this video after a few seconds, as I almost did myself, thinking "I know what this is about,did in school, heard the chessboard and King story etc". Others will switch off when they see a lecture theater or that it involves math.

It's a matter that actually puts just about everything else in the shade. Things like OWS are meaningless if we fail to understand the implications here.Even those who are doing their best to, and believe they are saving the world with say biodiesel or ethanol etc, need to see this and understand that their attempts will be in vain if the problem of exponential growth is not resolved

top topics

join