It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rover's Eye View of Three-Year Trek on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ran a quick search and couldnt find this anywhere so here it is
something to sift through for a while.

During the three-year trek of NASA's Mars Rover Opportunity from Victoria crater to Endeavour crater, rover planners captured a horizon photograph at the end of each drive. 309 images taken during the 13-mile journey appear in this video.

Ive just watched it through once or twice and havnt noticed anything out of the ordinary ( whatever may be ordinary for mars ) but ill be spending some time looking through each particualar image.

I figured there might be some out there that would be interested in doing the same as all of our perceptions are different!
edit on 13-10-2011 by Free4Ever2 because:Spelling and grammar!

edit on 13-10-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nice video!

Too bad it's in grayscale so we can't appreciate the beautiful red colour of Mars' atmosphere

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think there is conjecture as to wether mars still or ever did have plates and or fault lines. Im no expert but the picture below is something seen on earth and called a 'vault' or something like that..similar to fault lines but what makes ridges come out of the ground like this

would like someone to fill in wether this is significant or not

edit on 13-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Ill need to do a bit of research but in my eyes mars would have fault lines, as would any planet similar to mars and earth. i see no reason why there shouldnt be.

i do remember reading something a while back that im gonna dig out that suggested that through time as the mars surface died that the fault lines fused together, i cant remember exactly the reasoning behind this but when i di it back out ill let ya know

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by ShortMemory

Ill need to do a bit of research but in my eyes mars would have fault lines, as would any planet similar to mars and earth. i see no reason why there shouldnt be.

i do remember reading something a while back that im gonna dig out that suggested that through time as the mars surface died that the fault lines fused together, i cant remember exactly the reasoning behind this but when i di it back out ill let ya know

well yeah you would have to assume it does and other structures show this, i just remember hearing about mars not having them anymore.
as for theorys im fairly sure there are more than just them fusing together and ill do some research too.
either way if there is conjecture, this really proves to me they still have fault lines

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
Ran a quick search and couldnt find this anywhere so here it is
something to sift through for a while.
You didn't even need to run a search.

All you needed to do is look at the threads already posted in this forum. It was already there, posted just one day earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What I thought was weird initially was that all the pictures are of different size and some are even turned diagonally.. Does anyone have a solid explanation for not having a standard size photograph for each picture taken from the same source?

new topics

top topics

join