It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God and Noah do unto others in Noah’s day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Did God and Noah do unto others in Noah’s day?

Jesus said that the most important command was to love your neighbor as yourself and do unto others as you would want done to yourself. Scripture also urges us to emulate God as our best way of living. These two injunctions are completely contradictory when we think of when God chooses to punish mankind. He is kicking instead of applying a cure or forgiveness as Jesus would do.

It would seem to me that neither Noah nor the God depicted in this myth, are cut from the same cloth as Jesus was. In fact, they do the opposite of what Jesus would do.

Jesus could not have been around in that days as he would have intervened. As shown in the story of the stoning of the harlot. So much for the trinity concept as well. I never did like the notion of taking Jesus, a good Rabbi, sometimes, and tying him to the genocidal fool of a God of the O T. A complete insult to a good archetypal man.

Jesus is the way --- to believers.
Jesus would not condone Noah’s complicity in God’s genocidal fit and would therefore have to sentence Noah to hell or death.

If Jesus was around in Noah’s day and did nothing, in terms of intervention, he to would be complicit and end in hell, since he could not condone his own lack of action and was breaking his own best advise to do unto others.

Was Jesus, written up the way he was, a goody two shoes, in an effort to usurp the immoral O T God and Noah?

Was he written up as a new and improved God?

What was Jesus doing during God’s immoral genocidal fit?

Was he urging God to stop murdering and follow his own law and do unto others?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You are comparing Apples to Oranges, it does not correlate.

The Noah story is concerning Genocide, the systematic death of every living thing on Earth, not just humans, but most animals and plants as well.

Only Noah was found the be PURE IN ALL OF HIS GENERATION.

Today there is a popular theory that the DNA of all life had been corrupted by “Fallen Angels” and to “Cleanse” the Earth God had to kill all life on the Planet, but Noah’s DNA was still pure Human this is why he was spared.

The Bible does support this Theory, but in Truth no one really knows for sure, because, along with the World wide destruction of life, knowledge was also a victim.

If this theory is correct, then the prophecy of Jesus, “AS in the Days of Noah, so will be the Days of the Coming of the Son of Man will be” we should be witness to the corruption of DNA on the planet.

Do we see this coming to pass ?

Gene splicing , Gene manipulation is on the Front Page of our Newspapers today. Human animal hybrids ? Who really knows. I can say this for mankind, if we have the ability to do a thing, someone will do it, no matter what

Here are a couple of videos to spark your thoughts.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

The Noah story is concerning Genocide, the systematic death of every living thing on Earth, not just humans, but most animals and plants as well.

Today there is a popular theory that the DNA of all life had been corrupted by “Fallen Angels” and to “Cleanse” the Earth God had to kill all life on the Planet, but Noah’s DNA was still pure Human this is why he was spared.

The Bible does support this Theory, but in Truth no one really knows for sure, because, along with the World wide destruction of life, knowledge was also a victim.

If this theory is correct, then the prophecy of Jesus, “AS in the Days of Noah, so will be the Days of the Coming of the Son of Man will be” we should be witness to the corruption of DNA on the planet.

Gene splicing , Gene manipulation is on the Front Page of our Newspapers today. Human animal hybrids ? Who really knows. I can say this for mankind, if we have the ability to do a thing, someone will do it, no matter what

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Yes, correct on all facets. The Hebrew word for "perfect" in regard to describing Noah was a word they used to describe the condition of the animals they would sacrifice on the Day of Atonement. Blemishless, genetic perfection. The entire world had been corrupted by the Nephillim. And when Moses brought the children of Israel back from bondage in Egypt there again in Palestine was a genetic problem. Satan had 400 years to lay down a mine-field. Most of the OT won't be understood unless one has a firm understanding of Genesis 6. The reason why God commanded every woman and child killed of certain tribes was because of the Nephillim.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wrong on so many levels. Noah was a preacher of righteousness (2 Peter 2:5) and offered the free gift of salvation to any who would be willing to enter his boat. There were no preconditions other than the humility required to enter under God's protection of his ark.

Does this sound familiar? Yet another way todays conditions are the same as in Noah's day. The free gift of righteousness is offered to all who believe in the Son of God Jesus Christ. But the day when that offer is done is rapidly approaching, just as in Noah's day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
as the one of the posters said above. it has everything to do with lineage/genetics.

the old plan was to dirty the gene pool so that Christ could not come and prophecy not be fulfilled.

mankind was in its early stages of spirituality and the focus was more on being clean, than posative/negative will.

Gods "plan" has chronological stages, man was not at the point planned for Jesus yet. there were still many lessons to be learned.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Noah was a good man. It has been said that during the long years of ark construction, he preached salvation to his neighbors, and that he was still preaching when the door of the ark was shut and sealed. Anyone listening probably went back home, muttering about "Noah - what a looney!" Then, it began to rain...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Even if your theory is correct, a good God would have found a moral way to deal with the problem and would not lower his morals to where they would need to be in order for God to be stupid enough to use genocide as a tool of justice.

The innocent babies and children would demand it.

To cure is always better than to kill.
Right?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Wrong on so many levels. Noah was a preacher of righteousness (2 Peter 2:5) and offered the free gift of salvation to any who would be willing to enter his boat. There were no preconditions other than the humility required to enter under God's protection of his ark.

Does this sound familiar? Yet another way todays conditions are the same as in Noah's day. The free gift of righteousness is offered to all who believe in the Son of God Jesus Christ. But the day when that offer is done is rapidly approaching, just as in Noah's day.

Sure.

And all we need to embrace is the notion that it is a good thing for God to punish the innocent and let the guilty walk.

A damn good policy. We should then empty our prisons of the guilty and fill them with the innocent.

Goof.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Noah was a good man. It has been said that during the long years of ark construction, he preached salvation to his neighbors, and that he was still preaching when the door of the ark was shut and sealed. Anyone listening probably went back home, muttering about "Noah - what a looney!" Then, it began to rain...

How did Noah warn those in other countries?
How did he warn the innocent babies?
Who made it rain? Jesus?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Who made it rain? Jesus?

Regards
DL

Maybe there were no other countries. It is very possible that the Earth was smaller in those days.
Innocent?
Yes, Jesus.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Who made it rain? Jesus?

Regards
DL

Maybe there were no other countries. It is very possible that the Earth was smaller in those days.
y]

LOL.

Keep your delusion if that is the only way you have of justifying your genocidal God..

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Even if your theory is correct, a good God would have found a moral way to deal with the problem and would not lower his morals to where they would need to be in order for God to be stupid enough to use genocide as a tool of justice.

Right?

Ahhhh yes! I wondered how long it would be before we heard the ever-popular "Appeal to Evil" fallacy. People's idea is that God must maximize pleasure and minimize pain, and if not, then God must be X, or non-existent. The only things we can understand about God are what He chooses to reveal. This may sound crazy. but if God reveals Himself as just and righteous, then every now and then I expect Him to act in justice and righteousness.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Right?

Ahhhh yes! I wondered how long it would be before we heard the ever-popular "Appeal to Evil" fallacy. People's idea is that God must maximize pleasure and minimize pain, and if not, then God must be X, or non-existent. The only things we can understand about God are what He chooses to reveal. This may sound crazy. but if God reveals Himself as just and righteous, then every now and then I expect Him to act in justice and righteousness.

So you think that to kill is better than to cure.

Do not go to med school.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Right?

Do not go to med school.

Regards
DL

So you'd have God force people to act a certain way against their will? That's not loving whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Anyone who feels somehow happy thinking about those people who did not believe Noah getting punished, I suggest you do some serious self examination and ask Jesus to cleanse your soul of this great evil which will keep you from entering Heaven.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Was Jesus, written up the way he was, a goody two shoes, in an effort to usurp the immoral O T God and Noah?

Was he written up as a new and improved God?

What was Jesus doing during God’s immoral genocidal fit?

Was he urging God to stop murdering and follow his own law and do unto others?

That whole flood story is mythology, for one thing, adapted by the writers of the Bible story for their own purposes. The purpose, as far as I can tell, is to show Yahweh, claimant of singular godness, defeating the polytheistic peoples (Pagans).

Gen 6 - - WEB Bible
1 It happened, when men began to multiply on the surface of the ground, and daughters were born to them, 2 that God’s sons saw that men’s daughters were beautiful, and they took for themselves wives of all that they chose.

As in the classical Greek stories of Zeus seducing human women by various tricks and disguises.

4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God’s sons came in to men’s daughters. They bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

The Nephilim were the classic demigods and heroes such as Heracles, Dionysus, Gilgamesh,

Now the story changes. Instead of the heroes being great, they are seen as wicked. And this Yahweh character claims to be the creator of these wicked people, and figures he'll just wipe them all out.

5 Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 Yahweh was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him in his heart. 7 Yahweh said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the surface of the ground; man, along with animals, creeping things, and birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

From a human perspective this is all quite horrifying. It sure is to me. I've read these classical Greek stories, wherein the gods rose up against their own forbearers, the titans and their monstrous children the giants, and there was a great war that mostly wrecked the Earth, but afterward, the Earth was inhabitable by mankind. (We don't have to compete with T-rex or Velociraptors)

But think of the Flood story as if it were a résumé handed to you by Yahweh, who wants to be your one and only god.
"So I see here, Yahweh, that you wiped out all these people whose 'every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually'. Did this solve anything?"

Gen. 8:
20 Noah built an altar to Yahweh, and took of every clean animal, and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 Yahweh smelled the pleasant aroma. Yahweh said in his heart, “I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake, because the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth;

"I'll take that as a no then. You killed everyone in order to "start over" with this "righteous" Noah fellow, and yet, all that death and destruction was incapable of even altering the imagination of man at all."

"Sorry Yahweh," says I, "You don't qualify for a position in my pantheon."

As for Jesus, it is altogether probable that most of what has been written about him is also mythology, and not all the same mythology either (every writer has his own version of the man). I doubt very seriously that we will ever have anything like a true biography.

Here's one way of looking at it: People of various religious backgrounds have taken the OT story to be true, and even this Yahweh character as the one and only god of the universe. In the human heart and mind, excuses are made for this Yahweh's actions. This doesn't always mean that the person making the excuses is actually as bad as Yahweh, it's just they haven't outgrown him yet. But constantly justifying genocide and wars of conquest and persecution and execution for "not being a true believer" is very corrosive to any human endeavor toward bettering human society.

Jesus may have had Yahweh in mind when he said to the Jews:

John 8: 44 You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and its father.

Many people believe that Jesus was a regular Jewish Rabbi, teaching people to worship Yahweh. I don't.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If Jesus was around in Noah’s day and did nothing, in terms of intervention, he to would be complicit and end in hell, since he could not condone his own lack of action and was breaking his own best advise to do unto others.
I can't nail down all the details but the way I understand it is that God was way off somewhere and left things to designated agents. One of those agents being one running things here, on our world. Jesus, as in the person he was before being born as Jesus, was someone who would periodically go to that place where God was and return to various places on the different worlds. He could do things to mitigate the situation until he was given the ok to do anything too drastic. The drastic thing being removing that agent from office and taking it himself long enough to set things right.
There are some good aspects mixed in with the bad, when it comes to the religious situation as it stood at this time of transition from the old to the new administration. Things like the concept that there is a God who created the entire universe and that it was that same God who constantly took care of the continued existence of that universe. The idea that man has a special relationship with that God who made this Universe to be our home, and that we have a god-nature to us that gives every individual an intrinsic value as a person. The idea that there are natural laws that we should abide by for the good of each of us as individuals, and for us as a whole. This aspect which is good, Jesus did not want to eliminate, so he elaborated on these themes and told us we must abide by these spiritual principles, but that the greater part of the religion which was this legacy, had to go.
edit on 19-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Right?

Do not go to med school.

Regards
DL

So you'd have God force people to act a certain way against their will? That's not loving whatsoever.

God forced them to die.

Forcing people to die is not to have people go aganst their will to live?

Are you insane or just not able to think well?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Looks like you and I would not argue too much on religious issues.
Keep it up. We are of the same mind here.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I can't nail down all the details but the way I understand it is that God was way off somewhere and left things to designated agents. One of those agents being one running things here, on our world. Jesus, as in the person he was before being born as Jesus, was someone who would periodically go to that place where God was and return to various places on the different worlds. He could do things to mitigate the situation until he was given the ok to do anything too drastic. The drastic thing being removing that agent from office and taking it himself long enough to set things right.
There are some good aspects mixed in with the bad, when it comes to the religious situation as it stood at this time of transition from the old to the new administration. Things like the concept that there is a God who created the entire universe and that it was that same God who constantly took care of the continued existence of that universe. The idea that man has a special relationship with that God who made this Universe to be our home, and that we have a god-nature to us that gives every individual an intrinsic value as a person. The idea that there are natural laws that we should abide by for the good of each of us as individuals, and for us as a whole. This aspect which is good, Jesus did not want to eliminate, so he elaborated on these themes and told us we must abide by these spiritual principles, but that the greater part of the religion which was this legacy, had to go.
edit on 19-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I agree with your last but not with much of how you got there. If you take it as literal that is.

Yes. Archetypal Jesus seems to recognize that religion, like everything else, has to evolve.
I agree with that view and so do most as you may have noticed, the huge majority ignore God's laws for man's.
Those who do not would likely end in jail real quick as God's laws are mostly immoral or un-workable.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join