It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Don't you find it strange that both National Geographic and Discovery suddenly started making documentaries about what it would be like if Earth would be invaded by aliens and furthermore at about 1 month apart?

natgeotv.com...
dsc.discovery.com...

Seems pretty strange ... to me at least ... (and i am not one of those people that look everywhere for a conspiracy)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i think it has more to do with ratings than anything else. people gobble up alien movies, documentarys and stories. people love them and ratingsd = $$'s

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
i think it has more to do with ratings than anything else. people gobble up alien movies, documentarys and stories. people love them and ratingsd = $$'s

yea im more into the ghost and paranormal thing. but to each his own

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

Well yeah i think that could be right ... but it still bothers me ...

Even though NatGeo and Discovery seem to be competitors they are strongly related in a lot of aspects ...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

As much as I love to go out on limbs...lol

IMHO you hit the nail on the proverbial head...they are really tight competitors. It would seem to make sense that there is a certain amount of professional espionage. Also, another poster did suggest that ratings , money, may be the driving factor. I think that goes hand in hand with market trend and competitions.

Having said that...wait for it!...here's the limb!....

IF there was an upcoming time that the human species was going to be experiencing disclosure...it would make sense that they start working through some of the secondary media outlets like Discovery and NatGeo. The Theatrical Media (ABC, NBC, CNN etc) would not be the right avenue for soft selling disclosure.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

The Theatrical Media (ABC, NBC, CNN etc) would be good at it as well. Think “V”, “Falling Skies.” “The Event”, etc.

Shows like these have been a dime a dozen for ages. So they do have the soft sell down in those mediums too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

True true....I had forgotten some of the classic TV sci-fi invasion shows like V. And yes, they have been around for some time. Is it me or have they declined in recent years on those mainstream networks? What's your take?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And right away your post has been moved to Skunk Work, you can add that to your list as well.

Yep something strange is going on.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Check this out, there is a huge reason they don't whant this to go public or at least in crowded site. NO! I'm not talking about the V bandanna they have up on ATS, I'm talking about the TV series V

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Not a coincidence ....it sells these days

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What a way making money out of the truth

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think they have switched to cable, just due to viewership. ABC, NBC, CBS etc, seem to be about reality TV or comedy these days.

Maybe science fiction gives their viewers headaches by making them think or suspend belief, hence the low ratings.
So they just go with what makes them money.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i dont watch cable but if thay are bolth showing shows like that it could be a little mind prep for when the mother ship touches down in washinton (indapendenc day style )
at some point i should probly add to my sig that my spelling is not up to par

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human4life

I posted it in skunk works in the first place because it is highly speculative

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Don't you find it strange that both National Geographic and Discovery suddenly started making documentaries about what it would be like if Earth would be invaded by aliens and furthermore at about 1 month apart?

natgeotv.com...
dsc.discovery.com...

Seems pretty strange ... to me at least ... (and i am not one of those people that look everywhere for a conspiracy)

This is just my opinion.

I believe ND & DC are not the only medias around flaunting on the possibility of aliens invading earth. On top of that, one loses count on how many UFO sightings report we have had up till today. It seems that these reports are piling up. More so than ever. A topic that used to somehow be a taboo, or ridiculed when spoken of, now suddenly becomes a serious issue.

So yes, I personally believe we are being mentally prepared for a 'fake' alien invasion. Bit by bit, we are being spoonfed, by the media, by those in power, who pretended to scream for disclosure (knowing fully well it's all lies), by reports of sightings - to make us believe that UFO IS REAL. So that when the fake alien invasion really happens, we no longer question whether UFO/alien exists or not (that has been taken care of) - but the question would be - would we unite to fight off this so-called alien? Would we unite under 1 world, 1 religion, 1 belief? Hence, the start of a NWO.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cerridwen

But what if its not a fake alien invasion ... I am always thinking of the posibility that "TPTB" or whatever you want to call them sold us for their bidding ... something like the X-FILES ... (their greed is so huge that its 99% possible)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerridwen

natgeotv.com...
dsc.discovery.com...

This is just my opinion.

I believe ND & DC are not the only medias around flaunting on the possibility of aliens invading earth. On top of that, one loses count on how many UFO sightings report we have had up till today. It seems that these reports are piling up. More so than ever. A topic that used to somehow be a taboo, or ridiculed when spoken of, now suddenly becomes a serious issue.

So yes, I personally believe we are being mentally prepared for a 'fake' alien invasion. Bit by bit, we are being spoonfed, by the media, by those in power, who pretended to scream for disclosure (knowing fully well it's all lies), by reports of sightings - to make us believe that UFO IS REAL. So that when the fake alien invasion really happens, we no longer question whether UFO/alien exists or not (that has been taken care of) - but the question would be - would we unite to fight off this so-called alien? Would we unite under 1 world, 1 religion, 1 belief? Hence, the start of a NWO.

It just doesn't seem logical to do it in this manner. If project bluebook was 'real' -- Why would they allow technology to steadily increase beyond our point of believing the impossible? The longer they wait, the more they decrease the numbers of people who would believe them.

There is nothing really different now about UFO culture than there was when it started. There has always been fascinations with it, and with those fascinations comes books, television shows, movies, documentaries, etc about them.

They have spent their entire existence hiding the UFO phenomena. They portray people who belief in UFOs as kooky. They do everything in the opposite manner of a slow but steady brainwash into thinking they are real.

I think Reagan and pop-culture in general has it wrong, if we had an "Alien Threat" we would still be arguing about how to handle it. This world argues and fights about everything. This would be no exception. In fact, it would be so chaotic, that the attitude towards the supposed aliens would be even more unique and versatile between each individual, and each country. Unity for an NWO would have to occur on something ALLLL could agree on, and I don't see aliens as being that lol. Some countries would see "Aliens" as Gods, for example.

edit on 15-10-2011 by LucidReality because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by LucidReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Cerridwen

But what if its not a fake alien invasion ... I am always thinking of the posibility that "TPTB" or whatever you want to call them sold us for their bidding ... something like the X-FILES ... (their greed is so huge that its 99% possible)

Sold us to whom? TPTB are the highest bidders themselves - unless there are other 'beings', sitting on higher thrones. And selling us off, would need a motive. What is the motive for the bidding?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidReality
It just doesn't seem logical to do it in this manner. If project bluebook was 'real' -- Why would they allow technology to steadily increase beyond our point of believing the impossible? The longer they wait, the more they decrease the numbers of people who would believe them.

There is nothing really different now about UFO culture than there was when it started. There has always been fascinations with it, and with those fascinations comes books, television shows, movies, documentaries, etc about them.

They have spent their entire existence hiding the UFO phenomena. They portray people who belief in UFOs as kooky. They do everything in the opposite manner of a slow but steady brainwash into thinking they are real.

I think Reagan and pop-culture in general has it wrong, if we had an "Alien Threat" we would still be arguing about how to handle it. This world argues and fights about everything. This would be no exception. In fact, it would be so chaotic, that the attitude towards the supposed aliens would be even more unique and versatile between each individual, and each country. Unity for an NWO would have to occur on something ALLLL could agree on, and I don't see aliens as being that lol. Some countries would see "Aliens" as Gods, for example.

As I mentioned before, that was just MY OPINION. And my opinion was founded based on various reasons - various sources. Many, that may never come knocking on your door.

new topics

top topics

join