It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Admin Fabricating Iranian Assassination Plot To Distract From Fast & Furious Investigation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A current FBI agent thinks so.

And so does Lt Col Anthony Shaffer, the man who tracked the CIA stooges.

“I did talk to one of my inside guys today and he is saying that he thinks the same thing [this is staged] – you know why? Because he can’t find any real information, and he’s got a clearance!”

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when i saw the story on the news. The alleged story goes that iran went to mexican drug runners or someone mexican and tried to recruit help? you mean those big bad mexican cartels that were getting arms supplied to them through the US Gov't? naw, no way those mexicans were the ones who foiled the plot and told america about the assassination attempt.

i dont buy that at all, so Iran, a country that is going to try to attack a foreign person on american soil is going to go through an organization publically linked to the us govt? come on?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yes....This is going to take down the Attorney General and a lot of people at the USDOJ....

but we must remember that Attorney Generals take the fall very often for Others such as Cabinet Members, NSA, CIA, or even the Presidents mis-handlings....

There is more to this then what we know about right now...and the official story we will receive will be anything but what actually happened

I hate it when my government lies to me
edit on 13-10-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The whole thing smells.

Iran says it's a lie and I, open minded as I am, believe them this time.

It just doesn't make any sense at all to me...If Hamas or Hezbollah have cells here (oooo scary), why would they spend too much money hiring a Drug Cartel that prolly works for our gov't at the end of the day?

I don't know why the BO admin would set this up when there seems to be enough real reasons? Like building IEDs and causing trouble in the Iraqi border regions, nuclear trust issues, etc...
edit on 13-10-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Funny thing is even if it's all true the cartel hitmen hired to kill the Iranian would probably have used weapons, explosives and training given to them by America to do it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I enjoyed this thread giving more info about Fast & Furious plot :

Okay...multiple people have described this man as a rowdy beer drinking, pot smoking loser who frequents prostitutes. Surely if Iran were to plot an attack on American and Israeli interests they would choose a better candidate. I mean really, this guy sounds more messed up than the underwear bomber. I can only speculate, but I am confident the case against this man will keep losing momentum due to the fact that their case is unravelling day by day.

I think it's safe to say we can add this psy-op to the long list of bloopers that the Obama administration has been involved in. Underwear bomber hoax with the sharp dressed man who got him on the plane, the Osama hoax, Fast and Furious fiasco, and now this failed attempt at gaining public support for an attack on Iran.

I can't help but laugh at the thought of an alcoholic stoner from Iran seeking help from Mexican drug cartels for a planned attack on America. Sounds like a cheesy made for TV movie if you ask me.

Local terror plot suspect described as more a 'joke' than mastermind

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Well, Hezbollah has allegedly admitted to having people in Mexico. Ours and Mexico’s Intel agencies have said so as well.

articles.businessinsider.com...

But I do have to take this plot with a grain of salt. It just sounds to amateurish to me.

Then again, I have seen brilliant people make stupid mistakes before; this could be one of those times. If this is one of those times, The Iranian Quds force soldier who orchestrated this will more than likely disappear.

Another angle on it would be that this is the perfect pretext for increasing the presence of Military advisors from the US into Mexico. Maybe even air support.

Another version of Fast and Furious? But now they have added a terrorist group funded by Iran into the mix.

Oh, the tangled web we weave.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

The whole thing smells.

Iran says it's a lie and I, open minded as I am, believe them this time.

It just doesn't make any sense at all to me...If Hamas or Hezbollah have cells here (oooo scary), why would they spend too much money hiring a Drug Cartel that prolly works for our gov't at the end of the day?

I don't know why the BO admin would set this up when there seems to be enough real reasons? Like building IEDs and causing trouble in the Iraqi border regions, nuclear trust issues, etc...
edit on 13-10-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

See if this makes sense: Our government has become a tiresome, pathological liar. Simple as that. They will tell the most outrageous and unbelievable lies that on their very face are both awesomely funny and deeply disturbing at the same time, all the while believing that the people they're telling them to--us--are drinking them in for truth. They're desperate and depraved and weak and hated, and they want us to believe they're righteous and strong and looking after our interests.

That's my theory, anyway....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I have one question to ask you :

Why did The Iranian Quds force soldiers planned in this period of time , which Iran is trying to affect Arabian Spring ?

Planning a bomb in a foreign country will not help Iran to be effective in Middle East.

I mean this is a critical period of time for Iran to affect Arab Spring , to get more support standing against US govt.

And planning a bomb in Saudi Arabia embassy will discredit Iran to be effective in changes in middle east.

So it is far from mind that Iran was doing something to discredit it's self in Middle East.
edit on 13/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I have one question to ask you :

Why did The Iranian Quds force soldiers planned in this period of time , which Iran is trying to affect Arabian Spring ?

Planning a bomb in a foreign country will not help Iran to be effective in Middle East.

Just think about it.

Just putting other possible scenarios out there. This whole thing smells hinky to me.

I ask myself how Iran can benefit from destabilizing some governments and shoring up others, a game that all governments take part in.

I’ll could give myself a headache just coming up with all the possibilities.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I ask myself how Iran can benefit from destabilizing some governments and shoring up others

This could be possible.

But you better know that US has shown the world that is not going to neglect terrorism in American soil.

+ Planning a bomb in a foreign country will not help Iran to be effective in Middle East.

conclusion : Iran is not silly to do such thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I would hope not.

But if Iran backed this plot. It would send a message that they can reach out and touch other governmental figures. Picking the Ambassador to the US was pretty good actually.

He’s not a member of the Royal family and could be replaced easily.

If it was a false flag….see the last sentence above.

Either way, a reaction will be generated.

The entire ME region is a smoldering tinderbox. The way things are going, I would not be suprised if there wasn't a major war by spring.

I hope cooler heads prevail.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I say :

Iran is not silly to do such thing.

You say :

I would hope not.

What do you think about other nations ???

You are 200 IQ average and they are 30 ??

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

UH?

I'm saying exactly like I posted.

Nations have over reached before and they'll do it again.

To clarify, if this plot is legit or a false flag, the Nation that thought it up definitely over reached in my opinion.

And yep, I do think I'm smarter than most politicians or Nations leaders.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's all made up, but it doesn't take a genius to understand why. They need the reason to go in with the military and crush Iran's nuclear program.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No, a ploy by The SCUM in order to push and force the Wall Street protests off the page as "Fast and Furious" was a buy and bust that went horribly wrong. No wrongdoing here.

Before anyone researches this how about you research how $9 Trillion went missing from The Federal Reserve!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
First of all, I put nothing past Iran and the radical mullah that control the govt. The Iranian Qods forces have been slowly and methodically gaining a foothold in Latin America for decades and stepped up operations in 2010 in that region. It is not unlikely that they have used their resources to move their way through Mexico using well established "underground networks" to gain access to our borders.

It is also very likely that the current US administration could use a major distraction at the moment. Fast and Furious is heating up like a California Wildfire. The GOP race to the WH is also heating up as the candidates start to dig in against each other and against Obama.

Hence the October surprise with this new Iranian assassination attempt. Keep in mind that Obama new about this attempt back in JUNE. JUNE!! and for some reason this info. was conveniently leaked out now. www.thedailybeast.com...

Holder and his DOJ are a hot mess and this little tidbit of news is being used to make him look relevant and competent. OF which he is neither.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
to reply to the OP

I agree that it is being used to distract not only from the F&F issue but also the current OWS protests happening nation-wide.

new topics

top topics

join