It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press TV going off the air in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Is PressTV down for everyone else in the UK?

It's been down for me (channel 515) for a while now (at least an hour since I switched on) the picture is frozen on one frame. All other channels (we have hundreds) are working perfect.

Down for just me then, or anyone else?

Edit... its back
edit on 17-1-2012 by lifttheveil because: (no reason given)

Press TV has not appeared on my EPG for at least a year now. I'm sure it was available on Freeview a while ago. Al Jazeera broadcasts between 6pm and 11pm GMT on Freeview and RT is still showing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
Seems like the anti-iran propaganda is now in full swing , with Iranian news channel Press TV being forced off air by watchdogs (ofcom) over apparent in-balanced reporting!!

There is nothing 'apparent' about it imo. I've watched many a time as they have completely misrepresented something with their own spin and carefully selected footage. They can be jawdroppingly blatant about it.
But sometimes - just sometimes - you might find out about something or at least see it through a different perspective. Heck we are all adults! We should be given the opportunity to make up our own minds.
Like other media isn't biased? They are just a tad more subtle about it. And of course biased in the 'right' direction.
edit on 17-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

as long as one is aware of the issues, no amount of bias will go unnoticed. i prefer to surf them all as i feel
interesting snippets can be gleaned from even the worst culprits of propaganda.
i'll be rigging up a dish to point in a southeasterly direction if ofcom/gubbermint decide to do a digital crystalnacht. to me it will be interesting how this will pan out.
f.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thank God for the internet hey?

Who needs sky??
Press TV live stream

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This'll make me unpopular.

TURN YOUR TV OFF!!!

If enough people turn it off they'd offer it to you for FREE.

TPTB are NOTHING without television.

Trillions lost in advertising. Sheeple not being controled. No propaganda.

Turn it off and they WILL give it to you for NOTHING because they NEED you to be watching it.

Threw mine out years ago and my life changed entirely.

TURN IT OFF.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I happen to work in the broadcast area that broadcasts Press TV amongst many other channels to the Eurobird Satellite which is accesable through your sky box. It is still being broadcast and recent freeze's were due to interference on the transponder that the material is sourced from having a knock on effect to the Sky services. If you wish to view Press TV through your Sky box or any generic satellite reciever then go to add channel and put in these parameters

11222 Mhz Horizontal
FEC 2/3
Symbol Rate 27.5

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Everyone in The UK, you can still watch PressTV online here:

Watch PressTV Online Here

There are some sites mentioned on PressTV where UK viewers can watch it but I couldn't get them to work, this has always worked perfect for me though, just takes a few seconds to load

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

myself being on a mobile payg dongle, it would become expensive to watch anything online. as far as fixed broadband, we were
initially deciding to sign up to the sky broadband package, however it can now languish where the sun doen't shine. and to think i was prepared to sign a long term contract with the bozos! what was i thinking!

rupert and company, many thanks for pushing the button on press tv before i regretted the actions i was about to
carry out. you have saved me a small fortune which will now be inversted in satellite kit.

f

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
It is still being broadcast and recent freeze's were due to interference on the transponder that the material is sourced from having a knock on effect to the Sky services. If you wish to view Press TV through your Sky box or any generic satellite reciever then go to add channel and put in these parameters

11222 Mhz Horizontal
FEC 2/3
Symbol Rate 27.5

No - Press TV has gone from our airwaves. I tried this. Press TV does not come up. My Sky Freesat is no longer able to receive it (but I did find a new radio station thank you!)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I happen to work in the broadcast area that broadcasts Press TV amongst many other channels to the Eurobird Satellite which is accesable through your sky box. It is still being broadcast and recent freeze's were due to interference on the transponder that the material is sourced from having a knock on effect to the Sky services. If you wish to view Press TV through your Sky box or any generic satellite reciever then go to add channel and put in these parameters

11222 Mhz Horizontal
FEC 2/3
Symbol Rate 27.5

Wrong and wrong!

The site is blocked and down in The UK, it wasn't a glitch, it has been taken off the air.

Further Info:
forums.digitalspy.co.uk...
www.presstv.ir...
www.havenvideo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join