It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now here's a form of protest that just might work: Bank Transfer Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was going to close out my old business accnt with BOA this week.... I'll hold off and wait till the 5th.

Im all for this!!
This is intelligent protest!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just wait for Phase two.

Halting fractionation and the overnight and short loans. The B&B of banking.

The banks bread and butter is about to land face down on a dirty floor.

FB page will pop up before Halloween.

Begins Nov 10th. Teaching account manipulation to the users who couldnt move or purposely stayed at the big three to drag them into the sewer.

Nothing like kicking a bankster gangster when they are down.

So im tole....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde
This would be a pretty world altering event. If there was anywhere near the 99% making this move, and we went to financial institutions that weren't owned by the big banks, it would be tantamount to a run on the bank. This would cause such havoc and upheaval that it could trigger the collapse of the world economy. If this is our goal, let's do it. I am one that thinks we need to realign society anyways...lol But just do it with knowledge of the potential outcome.

Well the truth is the money is only moving to other locations. It wont start any sort of world problems but the big 3 and their stock prices will be in the toilet, and once people find out they can get better interest rates from the CUs then they will cash out their loans and move those too.

Its not going to be a good year for the big three. not at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If you have a small business it becomes difficult, not all banks have credit card machine services and changing all services if you are where you can find them, costs a lot.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Great idea except our economy has been made to be dependant on the big banks as well as other conglomerates, so unless you want to plunge us and the rest of the world into a deeper depression I would think twice.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Bank transfer isn't a bad idea but if you really want to hurt the banks here's how you do it. Have everyone in the country show up at their banks all at once and demand cash for the balance in their accounts. Let's see if we can cause a crash in the banks like they did the stock market in 29 after all it is October.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

in the good ol USA some debts are bankruptcy proof...one of the biggies are student loans.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think I may have a catchy rhyme for this event.

Remember remember the 5th of November
We all drew our money out
and the banks yelled timber!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

TERRIBLE IDEA!!!

If everybody did this we would be MUCH MUCH worse off than before. Causing catastrophic Bank Runs...?!? ....and what cause another Great Depression... You do realize that the banks don't have all the money on hand that is stored in savings dont you...?

This is a great concept, but most certainly would never work! You can tell the mastermind of this genus plan isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

edit on 13-10-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
hmmm a run on the banks. might work for the first 2-3 hours but they will lock the doors and turn off there website. They have done it through out history when there is a run

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I must be way ahead of this movement. I did this as soon as I heard Wells Fargo was even considering adding fees to checking accounts.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the French protest in which people were encouraged to make a run on the banks, withdrawing their deposits in the hopes that it would crash the entire system.

I think something like this could work. Unfortunately, I fear that many of the protesters dont have anything to withdraw or transfer...

As I've been saying, if the OWSers really want to try and change things, they need to occupy D.C. Its the corrupt politicians which allow the banksters, the special interest groups, the lobbyists and political action committees to dictate policy.

edit on 13-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Awesome movement!

I am already at a local Credit Union, but I would have loved to change!

I'll be emailing this and adding it to my FB page as well. I think I still have some folks at BofA and Suntrust/Synovus, etc.

In one of my college classes we're working on a project on getting our fellow students and people in the community to use a local credit union and stop with the big banks. In two days we've gotten 100 people to switch, including every person in our class. People are getting sick of the fees and restrictions. We're living in an interesting time..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they don't have our sweat earned money to gamble,they will have to gamble with their own money or bankrupt.All that will be needed to do is veto against a bail out using our tax money!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I was planning to do this anyway. I can wait until November, I'm there.

When I decided to do this I was hoping that enough people besides myself would do the same to actually hurt the big banks, but I'm sure I'm dreaming.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling about credit unions.
put your money in the bank of Iron...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I dont think there is enough money involved to make a dent. Most people have less than 1000 dollars in their bank accounts these days.
edit on 13-10-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's a good idea but even if 90% of the people who had bank accounts with the national banks closed their account, they would hardly notice a difference. At most they might have to fire or consolidate a few collection employees in other divisions since they'll have fewer delinquent accounts to deal with.

But in the end, most of the money in the banks comes from either city or state bank accounts or larger bank account holders who get lots of perks for keeping their money with them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

It would be great if it would work...

Chase now charges a $10 monthly fee if you have less than $3500. If you have a student I.D. they will drop the fee so that helps me out. I still say it's nonsense, charge the lower income people?

And yet you continue to bank with them?

This will sound harsher than I intend,
but you are the reason this "won't work".

Many of us have done away with banks years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join