It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

image uploads and avatars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
ok. i did a search and found lots of threads talking about the image uploads being temp. disabled. saw all the mods talking about the upgrades coming. but...i couldn't find anything after like the 22 of sept (nearly 3 weeks ago). just wondering if anyone was aware of the current status of this upgrade? kinda been wanting to finally upload an avatar (just so that i can easily find my place in threads instead of searching through all the avatarless names on the side of the screen
)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Seems to be back up and running fine now

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I'm still seeing the message: "Image Uploads Are Temporarily Disabled" as well though. As far as I'm aware the media center is being phased out as well. I'm sure I've read a post from SO where he said that.

EDIT: Here's a thread: New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility (UPDATED: and more info)

Quote from the Opening Post of the above thread from SO:

media.abovetopsecret.com will end!

In about two months, general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off. The core software we purchased to run the "media portal" has reached a "difficult to maintain" point, which is why we've launched this new custom-built service.

However, none of the images will be removed. Anything you've uploaded and included in threads (including avatars and backgrounds) will still remain functional.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

yeah...i did see where it was being deleted. i'm just wondering what i have to do to load an avatar??? it says to load an avatar, it has to be in my media center...but i can't upload to my media center (seeing that it's gonna be deleted)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Shows how Oblivious
to the world I am

top topics

join