It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world wide strike!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
[color=lightgreen]Call for Civil Disobedience - A Worldwide Strike by the Oppressed

I know this comes from a blog by david Icky and was discussed before in this thread but here is a point to concider.

The blogosphere and meeting places have been alight with anger, outrage, frustration. And questions about how to defeat our tyrannical 'masters' that make our lives a living hell. Gandhi found non-compliance to be an effective tool to defeat his masters. And he was just one man.

Imagine what we could achieve, if we made a concerted effort, for a given number of days.

Source

But on the other side concider this. The sad truth is that people do not care about anything but their own selves. They are told by the media that they should feel lucky to have a job, and they do.

But remember, isn't it a fact that companies get more and more privileges to fire people at will. We have rights they say, thats why we have unions to help us lower class, but it is a fact that these unions more and more cooperate with the companies just to help themselves and not the people they represented in the old days.

Martin Luther King once said;

You know my friends, there comes a time when people get tired of being trampled by the iron feet of oppression ... If we are wrong, the Supreme Court of this nation is wrong. If we are wrong, the Constitution of the United States is wrong. And if we are wrong, God Almighty is wrong. If we are wrong, Jesus of Nazareth was merely a utopian dreamer that never came down to Earth. If we are wrong, justice is a lie, love has no meaning. And we are determined here in Montgomery to work and fight until "justice runs down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

These words are at the moment applicable around the world. Why are we the masses still accepting this?
We've lost the ability to think for ourselves because we've been programmed not to. programmed by the MSM, games and televisionshows.

I have just one question.

[color=lightgreen]When do we all wake up and strike?

edit on 13-10-2011 by DutchBigBoy because: corrected typo's

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Good post, flag and star !

The Gandhi way is likely the only way to beat the evil empire with global influence.

Some other lesser methods are starve the beast, and associative grouping.

I think it will be hard for most to do the Gandhi method, it requires some extreme self sacrifice.

Starve the east goes like this:

Anything that benefits "the system" you cut back on it as much as you can and
look for alternatives and you promote this to all the ppl you know.

Example #1: buy used items for cash with no sales tax at flea markets, swap meets, craigs list, etc

Example #2: Switch to bulk purchases such as 50 lb bags of rice and beans, and such, saves you
money and reduces the sales tax you pay.

Example #3: Grow a heirloom seed based garden and get off the GMO and MSG food, save some money.

Associative grouping goes like this:

Find ppl who are like minded in your area and cluster in an area to change the political make up
of that area.

Know members of the community and their special skills and help each other out outside of the system,
ie. engage in barter, etc etc. much like the Amish do.

There are other ways than these, but these have been shown to work for a long time.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The problem with violent revolution, is it doesn't change anything... For some reason, people seem to think that violent revolution changes things, but it doesn't... When has it? If you win through violent means, then what you get is the result of violence... If you win through peaceful means... Need I continue?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't like violence also, but people can do more then just sit and wait till someone takes the first step.

We are all doing that right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Occupy Toronto is happening the 15th, looking forward to it...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate

Occupy Toronto is happening the 15th, looking forward to it...

That is just a small piece of what is happening now, imagine this:
[color=lightgreen]All workers worldwide on strike for several days.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The problem with that is, if every single person goes on strike, who's going to pick the crops, transport the foods to the warehouses, to the supermarkets? We'd all starve to death in a few weeks. That's not to mention all the other industries coming to a standstill and completely messing up our lives as we know it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
star and flag.

If everyone could restrain themselves from buying the useless shiny trinkets they think they need to 'be' someone.
Just spent a week or two just getting the basics to get by on ...
And get what you need to buy from a local small business owner instead of a big corporation?

After all, they refer us all as their 'consumer base'.
And when something no longer has a 'base' to stand on, it falls over.

edit on 13-10-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I don't like violence also, but people can do more then just sit and wait till someone takes the first step.

We are all doing that right now.

What ever can draw attention to what they have done.

It will be hard to get thru to the chemically lobotomized society though.

They do have a theme song though !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
The problem with that is, if every single person goes on strike, who's going to pick the crops, transport the foods to the warehouses, to the supermarkets? We'd all starve to death in a few weeks. That's not to mention all the other industries coming to a standstill and completely messing up our lives as we know it.

Go to a local farmer to exchange food for help at the farm for instance, as long as the large companies don't get that money.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Yes , We Can Do more .

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Yes , We Can Do more .

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 13-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

I hope you read the post also.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Luckily I am not alone in this world who thinks this way

In the below link you can read it in all languages
2012 World Strike - the Day of Judgement

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes , I did read it , and no , I would not like a World without my HARD EARNED MONEY . To the Productive , the fruits of the Earth . To the Nonproductive , the Scraps.........This is Life.......

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well it is a fact that more and more people worldwide are fed up with the governements and the moneysystem

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Maybe this is making it all more clear of what I mean.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I knew that if the protests kept going that eventually it would lead to something like this. The bible actually supports this notion as quoted from the King James Bible in revelations chapter 18 verse 4 it reads,

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The rest of the chapter is also quite interesting.

An energy system needs energy input for it to continue. If the energy is removed the system will collapse. When the sun refuses to shine and all is in darkness, nothing will grow. Similarly when human energy units are removed from the system, and enough of them are removed, it will result in either system collapse or serious entropy within the system which ends in system collapse.

What remains to be seen is how the machine operators will be able to input more energy to keep the system going, or stabilise an entropic system collapse.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It is a pity many people are asleep and aren't reacting to this idea.

OWS started like this too.

The main problem is that many people are afraid to take steps of their own because of the possibility to loose their jobs or whatever.

top topics

join