It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of strange Addicitons - omg Freak show !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
What the..
I always though my need to eat a piece of cheese everyday was a strange addiction until I found these.. woah !

My Strange Addiction- Couch Cushion Craving
My Strange Addiction- Woman Sleeps With Blow Dryer
My Strange Addiction- Glass Eater!
My Strange Addiction- Compulsive Cleaner Can't Stop
My Strange Addiction- Woman Eats Her Own Hair Follicles
My Strange Addiction- Kesha Eats Toilet Paper
My Strange Addiction - Chalk Eater
My Strange Addiction Wears Diapers Part 1-2

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I actually had a strange addiction.

It started about 18 months ago when I had this..urge to eat, raw grains of rice. At first I just put it down to me being a pig, lol. But then I noticed, that if I didn't have any rice in the house, I would...feel unwell, mentally..I HAD to have it..i would pour the raw rice in a coffee cup and then eat it with a spoon..It had become a compulsion I could not control. My partner was getting worried, said it wasn't normal, MADE me got to the doctors, I was soooo embarrassed. Turns out, there was a medical reason for this "addiction". It is called Pica. Pica

I had a severe iron deficiency. I was given supplements and after a few weeks the urges and compulsion to eat raw grains of rice went away.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I watched all the videos. The human mind is indeed very very strange.

My personal "addiction" is music. If I'm in my room and no music is playing i feel nervous and "mentally bored". I always need music playing in the background.

I prefer that to eating cushions.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have a Strange Addiction...

ATS.. I keep coming here everyday and reading insane and idiotic threads, hoping that one or two might actually be about something plausable (present thread not included).

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My Strange Addiction- Crystal Eats Household Cleaner

just wanted to add this one.. amazing she is still alive

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
ohh lol...
the world is full of freaks !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

What the..
I always though my need to eat a piece of cheese everyday was a strange addiction until I found these.. woah !

Terrible show.

Capitalizing on peoples mental and general health issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Couch eater?
Glass eater?
Chalk eater? What the F***!?

Why?!?... More importantly how?!?

Maaan, PEOPLE ARE STRANGE! - The Doors.

I'm with Swizz on the music addiction.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's soooo strange isn't it?

I like that show, I don't know why because I'm not a reality t.v. person at all and I don't get sucked into the drama of others. I just can't turn away!

Did you see the one where that girl was eating her husbands ashes?

They were happily married and he died from a bee sting like three years into the marriage. She was devastated of course. So she had his urn and she held onto it at all times. Went out with it, shopped with it, slept with it, sat it next to her on the couch to watch t.v., etc. I guess it was like he was still with her. But then when she got upset or stressed out, she'd eat the ashes. She said she felt like he was becoming a part of her but she was nervous that once she at all of them it would be like losing him all over again!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I can sort of understand the hairdryer thing. If anyone used a hairdryer or hoover when I was a kid it would send me to sleep, still does. Must be a white noise thing because I can't sleep at night without the fan droning in the background.

I don't go so far as have the fan blowing up my arse though.

edit on 13-10-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blivey

Oh that's one sick puppy.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Lol. When I first watched it, I thought it was real. Then about halfway through I realized it was a spoof. FUNNY!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Really strange stuff. During one of my pregnancies I had the strong urge to eat gravel.
I remember just looking out in the driveway, which was all gravel, and the desire to just stick some of that in my mouth was almost unbearable! I figured I must be needing minerals, or calcium, and had the doc prescribe me some, and sure enough, the urge went away. But I remember how it felt. That helps me understand these wierd behaviors a bit.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blivey

OMG that was so funny!!!! I too thought it was real, until I saw the nose bleed from fruit striped gum!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Really strange stuff. During one of my pregnancies I had the strong urge to eat gravel.
I remember just looking out in the driveway, which was all gravel, and the desire to just stick some of that in my mouth was almost unbearable! I figured I must be needing minerals, or calcium, and had the doc prescribe me some, and sure enough, the urge went away. But I remember how it felt. That helps me understand these wierd behaviors a bit.

I just craved smells. Fresh laid road tar was awesome when I was pregnant.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
there's several more, not sure if they are online, I haven't looked yet. (no time) but we watched them via On-Demand-
There's a Tartar Sauce Lady, a Guy who gets off on balloons, a Girl who must wear a animal costume to be social, the list goes on...
I do notice a similarity between the addiction/compulsive shows. Nearly all, addicts, hoarders, and weirdos suffered some loss in their lives. Entertaining and sad, the Morbid Curiosity factor. It's a guilty pleasure, not sure what that says about me, but I am sure they will have a "diagnosis" , "medication" , "rehab" , and "support group" for it soon.

See You All at My Intervention

edit on 13-10-2011 by exdog5 because: format

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I want the compulsive cleaner.

Is she single?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Strange, as most of the people
eating these strange things
such as glass, cleanser
and foam look healthy.
I do wonder if they get tummy
aches and whats it like - well
you know

Glass OMG!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I know this woman personally! She has worse problems then eatting rocks.....

After this aired she was all over local news and radio begging for money to fix her teeth and for someone to help pay for her wedding. She was using her rock eatting addiction to gain popularity which is an addiction all it's own. It's really so sad, but knowing her is a window into knowing why. Very sad.

Oh and the woman who eats the ashes, that made me sick to my stomach! I would not eat my husbands ashes, that is just taking love to a place I don't care to go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join