It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another night under san fernando valley sky??? No not tonight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Tonight I am noticing a really bright star hanging out right next the moon! Not only that... It striked me as odd right away n so I began to take pictures... And as I began I noticed something come down from this object!!! I continued to take pics and I caught this little sucker moving around!!!!ive been a long time reader .. Daily Im here reading the next batch of news and I just cannot believe what im seeing. I dont know how to post the pics on here with my phone... Can I email these pics to.someone.who can help me post on here???

I woke up from my bed to look at this n I just.have to post now. Going back to sleep but ill be checking for any replies around 7am.
Oh yeah im in burbank, ca right next to bob hope airport... If location matters.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's Jupiter, for the time being it is the brightest object in the night sky aside the moon. It rises in the east and is not an unnatural object. If you look to the east as well you can also make out mars around the current time and to the south you will see the constellation of Orion.
edit on 13-10-2011 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deezy
Tonight I am noticing a really bright star hanging out right next the moon!

Yeah, ATS gets a whole bunch of these threads every 28 days.
Its Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hi,

you could go www.imageshack.us... and upload the pictures then copy the url and post it here.

then next time you make a post, select image. then copy the url from imageshack and paste it in the box.

Done. hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I would also like to recommend that if you are curious about something in the night sky download a program called stellarium. It's free and will show you the myriad of objects in the night sky and you can even toggle satellites and constellations as well as move everything forward in time to see how the planets and moon behave.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I was checking it out too... also in the Valley, It's definitely Jupiter but what exactly did you see moving around?
Jupiter?... or the small object that you think you witnessed drop from it?
Jupiter was quite blinky tonight.

Yes I know blinky is not a word but I like it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

please consider that there's an atmosphere between you and anything else like the moon and Jupiter and other stars. This atmosphere does all sorts of fun things to cause effects like blinky twinling, shimmering, halos, auras, different color effects, and so on. Atmospheric lensing can make things look bigger than they did the night before, or even smaller.
High ice crystals can cause effects too, as well as dust and heat shimmer, and many other things.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Reply to: nineix,

I'm very aware of the atmoshpere... there's a lot of space between Jupiter and Earth. Which is why I mentioned it was blinky.
I was just curious what the OP thought he/she'd had seen.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Numb2itall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Someone check the pis out please and let me know what you think!

top topics

join