It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a Picture of The Moon crater Upside Down On Deviantart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The Upside Down Craters on The Moon, Unnormal

Normal Moon Look very carefully at the each different pictures of the craters notice the crater positions

Again see where the crater is on the top? and not on the bottom? what you think of this? i was a bit shocked by it, it looks like the moon made a titled turn yet again.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You do know most telescopes invert the image and cause it to be the reverse of what you would see with the naked eye right? I'm not sure if any flip it completely upside down, but I'd guess it was probable.

It's also just as probable that the person who uploaded the image flipped it for whatever reason.

A flipped picture doesn't really amount to much in my opinion.

edit on 10/13/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

It's also just as probable that the person who uploaded the image flipped it for whatever reason.

that may be true but i have seen a video of the moon been titled on the net.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If one photo was taken in Australia at the very same instant another photo of the moon is taken up in the northern hemisphere up in China, then you're going to get two different versions of the very same moon.

One of those photos will be upside down or reversed from the other depending on what your particular geocentric stance on what particular side needs to be up is.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't know the video, nor have the time to view it at the moment.

But my previous comment still stands, it was likely taken through a telescope that inverted the image. There are many threads on here of users who shot videos through their telescopes, some are inverted.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There is nothing to use as a reference point, like the other normal examples you show, meaning your tilted pic is irrelevant

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here's a thread I made last year in regards to Moon photos. There are are a few links and videos in it, maybe that will help you out some.

Amateur Moon photos

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yes the moon does a 360 around earth, to anyone's vantage point it will turn up to 180º as it traverses the night sky. This is pretty basic stuff. More noticeable when its at a crescent phase, say it rises as a u, it will set as an n.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

There is nothing upside down about the deviantart image. Nothing at all. If you rotate it anti-clockwise 90 degrees, you get a similar image to the other two you posted.

So the person who took the photo probably had their camera "on it's side" when they took the picture.

Problem solved.

st.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Again see where the crater is on the top? and not on the bottom?

As well as what other people have said, its not just the moon that has a different orientation for people on different parts of the planet - its ANY object out in space. The sun, Jupiter, nebulae etc..

Orion, for example, is seen "upside down" from Australia, standing on his head.
Thats just the way it is.
No conspiracy.
No weird cosmological happenings.

Its just that most people dont know, and scream NIBIRU!!! when they first notice.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The deviantart picture is the one that is flipped. It looks like it was taken throught a telescope and was not corrected for the optical flip that telescopes cause.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is a quick example showing that the images are not flipped, only the deviantart image is rotated.

I've highlighted 4 points on each of the images to show that they are in the correct place. The deviantart image only appears different because it is rotated slightly.

That rotation could be due to the way the camera was held, or the person taking the photo being in a very different part of the world, or a combination of the two.

st.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

The Upside Down Craters on The Moon, Unnormal
Actually, everything you see is upside down when it hits your retina. The human eye inverts the image when it passes through the lens.

So upside-down images are actually what your retina "sees".

www.yorku.ca...

If your brain showed you the image that really hits your retina, the ground would be on top and the sky would be in the bottom. But your brain flips the image so you see it the other way around. If you really want to see images that aren't flipped, just make your brain stop flipping the image. There have been scientific experiments where people have done this.

AP Psychology Experiments: Inversion glasses.

Just put om a pair of those inversion glasses if you don't like the way things look upside-down!

Despite 100 threads on ATS saying something is wrong with the moon, nothing is wrong with the moon. The problems are with people's perceptions.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Maybe the use of these big Germans machine to dig into the ground. NASA will not say it but it has been a long time they are on the moon searching for answers to many questions.

Here is a link which shows how big that trencher is.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by ThaLoccster

that may be true but i have seen a video of the moon been titled on the net.

Have you seen this video?

Field rotation will occur from any non-polar aligned perspective, so unless you're standing at one of the poles or are viewing it from a polar aligned perspective, viewing the moon in the normal fashion will show some degree of field rotation. The exact amount will depend both on your location on the ground, and the moon's position in the sky. Over the course of a single night it can appear to rotate as much as 180 degrees from rising to setting.

I shot the above video timelapse showing field rotation over nearly an hour of time, followed by viewing the moon from a polar aligned perspective on the same night over the same amount of time. The moon's apparent "tilt" is just an effect of viewing it from a non-polar aligned perspective. There's nothing wrong with its orientation when viewed properly in a polar aligned manner

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What about if the moon is directly overhead? If I take a picture of it, then turn 90 degrees, take another picture, turn 90 degrees....

You get the point.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Generally, the part of the Moon that rises first will be the part of the Moon that sets first. Therefore as the night goes on, the Moon will appear to rotate around and basically appear to flip a bit. This would be more true if you were viewing the Moon from Earth's the equator, but the effect would be similar anywhere.

So it is quite normal for the orientation of the Moon to be different at Moonrise than it is at Moonset. This is just basic logic, and it shocks me that people have never noticed this or somehow think it is abnormal.

As member "SatoriTheory" has shown, the OP is wrong about his two images showing the Moon had totally flipped -- but it IS slightly rotated. I'm guessing BOTh of the images in the OP were taken soon after Moonrise, therefore the rotation is only slight. A picture taken at Moonset would look quite a bit different than one at Moonrise.

edit on 10/17/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I see what you mean. My take on it is that the pic with the plane is it has been photoshopped. Look to the left side (8 o clock). Possibly the creator wanted a more artistic pose for moonie and rotated about 5%..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybeboo
I see what you mean. My take on it is that the pic with the plane is it has been photoshopped. Look to the left side (8 o clock). Possibly the creator wanted a more artistic pose for moonie and rotated about 5%..

It doesn't need to have been photoshopped. The Moon's orientation naturally can appear to rotate (as seen from a spot on Earth) during its trek across the sky between Moonrise and Moonset.

An extreme example of this, like I said above, would be if you were watching the Moon all night from the equator (or wherever it is that the Moon rises directly in the East and sets directly in the west). The Moon's orientation will seem to have flipped 180° when it is setting relative to its orientation when it rose. This is very normal, and makes perfect sense when you think about it.

I used the view from the equator as an example, because this effect would be extreme there, but it can be seen anywhere, although it is less prevalent at the mid-latitudes.

edit on 10/18/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join