It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Olympics are over!

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You are all welcome to Beijing 2008 to enjoy the great games, authentic Chinese food, and the great hospitality of Chinese people.

Do book tickets early
. Remember China has 1.3 billion people and all would like to attend one game or two
.




posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
the candidacies for 2012 are Madrid, Paris, London, Moscow and New York City.


Hopefully London will be in with a good chance, though if not I'd like to see it in Moscow. Amazing culture and history, now re-emerging after communism, and no-one could doubt their ability to deliver the goods.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
You are all welcome to Beijing 2008 to enjoy the great games, authentic Chinese food, and the great hospitality of Chinese people.

Do book tickets early
. Remember China has 1.3 billion people and all would like to attend one game or two
.


zcheng, I would be glad to come down. Do you have a place for me to stay?



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I also would like to see Moscow host the 2012 games, if not, than London. If not the former two, than Madrid. The US already had its fair share in the 90's alone. Italy is hosting the 2006 Winter Olympics.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
bleh, i was half expecting to see a terrorist attack in the closing ceremony, but luckily nothing happened.
i thought the ending seemed very sombre, but that's the television 'atmosphere' for you


lets all hope that london get to host the next games!!!



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They would be a heck of alot more interesting if you could understand Greek.

Thats why I was so interested in them, being Greek and all.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That would be cool if they could hold an Olympics here in the Springs since this is where the Olympic Training Center is.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
zcheng, I would be glad to come down. Do you have a place for me to stay?


Yes, but you need to book early like in or before 2007.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Im staying with you then eh?

I'd totally be up to it.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
zcheng

Is it true that all Bejing taxi drivers have to learn english in preparation for the 2008 games?

Because me and some collegues were going to come to china and teach english as part of the program.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
zcheng

Is it true that all Bejing taxi drivers have to learn english in preparation for the 2008 games?

Because me and some collegues were going to come to china and teach english as part of the program.


Yes, they will have to (or are encouraged ) learn some simple English. Chinese people want people from all around the world to feel home and enjoy in Beijing.



posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Im staying with you then eh?
I'd totally be up to it.


Great. I have some good old classmates in Beijing, and will try to find out how to secure some tickets. But it is at least 3 years away, no worry yet. I will let you know, in due time. Everyone is welcome to visit China to see the Chinese Culture, Beatiful Scenary, or to just expose the tyranny in China. Seeing is believing.



posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fitch
bleh, i was half expecting to see a terrorist attack in the closing ceremony, but luckily nothing happened.

But Greece has not done much about Iraq.
If the Olympics will be held in NYC there will be surely a terrorist attack because the US is the so-called occupant. If the Olympics will be held in London the same may happen as London is US' most trusted ally.
If the Olympics will be held at Moscow also there will be a terrorist attack because Russia is always under attacks form Chechens
But in no way it means that the Olympics shouldn't be held there. It would be cowardish to let the terrorists scare us.



posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm glad to see the Olympics didn't have a successful terrorist attack. I wouldn't expect to know if any attempted attacks were made or not.


Why not?

Given the fact the US and it's complicit governments like to make a huge song and dance about every potential threat, one can safely assume there we NO attempted attacks.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join