It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Census-A message from the people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hey ATS, mods, if this is in the wrong area, please do what you do

I can't say where exactly I work, out of fear of being dobbed in and losing my job. What I can say is that I am in contact with thousands of Australian census forms every week, and have been for a while.

The reason I created this thread was to give someone a voice. Often people will write things on their forms; most of the time it's non sense, racist comments or any manor of other things (ironically at least 1 in 100 have 'no carbon tax' written somewhere on them).

This however caught my attention. It is very articulate and puts forth an opinion that I believe many people agree with.

I for obvious reasons I won't release any information about the person who wrote the following statement (not that I actually kept any), but I will give his thoughts a place where they may be appreciated; for if I were to follow the very strict protocol I would have been the only person to ever read it (the higher ups for whom I imagine it was intended, would never have seen it)

I will stress that I take this persons privacy very seriously, I am if nothing else a professional; I did not keep any private information what so ever. I simply copied this statement from the form as best I could.

This statutorty authority contributes to poverty and unemployment, homelessness, landlessness insecurity and the wage slave society. The questions herin contained are politically palatable and in no way bear any relationship to the social condition imposed by successive regimes that are insulted from an effective democtatic process with no accessible statistics on the impact of taxation and land prices have on society.

Only useless corrupt data couched in language that serves privilage and state sponsered corruption. The impoverishment or alernativly the indebted populous is in a holding pattern in anticipation of the impending depression, and yet no literature that this body produces sheds any light on the level of ineptuess (?) government and its agencies propagate from one year to the next.

Proof!

Look for any literature produced by an ABS division which discloses land price reduces, as the rent from the site is used to replace taxes on the site. Outcome; zero land price, zero taxes, zero interest rates, zero inflation, zero bureaucracy required!

That's it guys. Someone took the effort to write this thinking that someone would read it, someone did.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

Good read OP

The author of the script, if not already, should be duly encouraged to become an ATS member.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Wow, very articulate, beautifully put!
Thanks for sharing OP!
Its a shame this can't be seen by all Australians.
Wish this guy would run for PM.......

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

thats really cool that you gave them a voice . They did take care indeed to make a very intelligent statement . The people here are about to enter a very dark stage with this carbon tax and kissing PMs congradualating themselves on a job well done against the people of Australia .

And will My Abbott sign a legally binding document stating that he will reverse the Carbon Tax if elected at cost to himself if he breaks that promise . In other words the public sueing him for everything he has and he gets to go to debtor prison or something like that for cheaters and liars and pledge breakers

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't know. I don't often post in the forums but I have to say that this doesn't ring true. Most aussies just lie on their census forms, they don't write little essays. Just the vocal and sentence structures don't even ring true to me. But hey, I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loris

It's illegal to lie on the census, however in saying that i have not had any government agencies check specific forms/people in the last 2 census'. In previous census (the person i know who worked for the ABS has since retired) they do CCD spot checks (IE - send down ABS reps and do 'interviews' (questionnaires), and match the data back to the CCD data from the census, if it is grossly inconsistent, auditors are dispatched to the CCD and ever household is assessed.

Now that information is 10ish years old, so things might have changed.

Now in saying that, what the OP has said (in his quoted post) is correct. AU is riding off China at present, the thing is if China goes into a depression we will surely follow. The next issue on top of that is personal debt (not government) is also high, people are surviving on Credit Cards (info is 4-6 weeks old), meaning if there is loss of jobs, then these people will literally be destitute.

Lastly, our shambles of a Federal Government just passed the Carbon Tax through the lower house, this means higher bills (which in some cases are already having you bent over a barrel like power), and petrol prices. Hell last week i saw petrol at $1.60AUD, given the carbon tax I'd suggest it will hit a staggering $2.00AUD+ (assumption based on trend).

I soon suspect our popular little island down south will soon become somewhat quiet in the coming 5 years, and we will definitely keep our fore running top 10 highest taxed countries. Source April 13 2011

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They passed the tax in the lower house by banning one of the opposing members from the parliament. It was passed 23 to 22. It is this authors belief that there is a corruption story here.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
They passed the tax in the lower house by banning one of the opposing members from the parliament. It was passed 23 to 22. It is this authors belief that there is a corruption story here.

This would not surprise me, and since they still have the pesky Craig Thomson on the floor, he should be stood down, and a bi-election should be called. However Gillard can see the writing on the wall, if that happens shes out of a job.

With all the corruption in NSW Labor party, it would honestly not surprise me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Please check facts before posting.

"For the record, the vote was 74-72"

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That's incorrect.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loris
I don't know. I don't often post in the forums but I have to say that this doesn't ring true. Most aussies just lie on their census forms, they don't write little essays. Just the vocal and sentence structures don't even ring true to me. But hey, I could be wrong.

Why would you lie in the form? The only lie that stands out is the religion section where 50,000 put Jedi night. That's 50,000 out of 22 million.

Where did you get this info from?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Why would you lie in the form? The only lie that stands out is the religion section where 50,000 put Jedi night. That's 50,000 out of 22 million.

To answer this directly besides the obligatory "why not". Everyone knows the Census helps the governments (Federal, state and local) work out what services (or building approvals) to post in where. To throw it out there and as an example only, looking at the stats you have an Local Government Authority (Councils usually) gets a building application for a Christian Church, they look at the CCD stats, and surrounding CCDs to ensure its the correct placement (IE - Near people who are christian), if it is not, the application is not approved.

Thats just one example, the others are where to build regional clinics or "super clinics" as they are called in Vic (usually based around Average Pop per SQM, Average Age and income usually Drive time again as examples).

So will take the super clinic example, lots of people lie (statistically not going to happen) and post their average income in the 30k-40k band, despite making in excess of 100k, the government takes these skewed stats and decides "hey we need a bulk billing clinic in there, as they are low income earners".

Again examples on "why" to lie.

Before you ask "how do you know this information", i work with an Urban planning corporation (theres not that many, and i'd like to remain somewhat anonymous.), and apart of that they do Catchment Analysis for these types of things.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

To answer this directly besides the obligatory "why not". Everyone knows the Census helps the governments (Federal, state and local) work out what services (or building approvals) to post in where. To throw it out there and as an example only, looking at the stats you have an Local Government Authority (Councils usually) gets a building application for a Christian Church, they look at the CCD stats, and surrounding CCDs to ensure its the correct placement (IE - Near people who are christian), if it is not, the application is not approved.

Thats just one example, the others are where to build regional clinics or "super clinics" as they are called in Vic (usually based around Average Pop per SQM, Average Age and income usually Drive time again as examples).

So will take the super clinic example, lots of people lie (statistically not going to happen) and post their average income in the 30k-40k band, despite making in excess of 100k, the government takes these skewed stats and decides "hey we need a bulk billing clinic in there, as they are low income earners".

Again examples on "why" to lie.

Before you ask "how do you know this information", i work with an Urban planning corporation (theres not that many, and i'd like to remain somewhat anonymous.), and apart of that they do Catchment Analysis for these types of things.

Fair enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Oh yes, the jedi's

I can tell you from what I've seen there are many in their order. Also a surprising number of Wiccans, Pagans and even a believer of 'the astral mushroom'.

What has surprised me however is the number of people who have marked no religion, it seems to me to be 1 in about every 4-5.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toddlez

Oh yes, the jedi's

I can tell you from what I've seen there are many in their order. Also a surprising number of Wiccans, Pagans and even a believer of 'the astral mushroom'.

What has surprised me however is the number of people who have marked no religion, it seems to me to be 1 in about every 4-5.

Yes that's something that is interesting in regards to the Wiccans as Wiccans are pagans. It's to my understanding that the government has recognised Wiccans as a particular pagan religion due to a censor a number of years ago but the other pagans religions are all just put in the pagan basket. Though I might be wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I watch the Australia news here.

Pretty horrid how Australia deals with immigrants putting them in those camps. Australia can't deal with all the Indonesians getting on leaky boats trying to sneak into Australia.

One day those Indonesians will come and take Australia.

What you need to be doing is offering citizenship to any American who wants to flee America. Have some sort of program that they have to have atleast $50,000 or so to buy a home and get started in society there.

I think you'd find many Americans would want to flee America for Australia. How come you have no such program to boost your population of productive people to get your economy rolling?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I watch the Australia news here.

Pretty horrid how Australia deals with immigrants putting them in those camps. Australia can't deal with all the Indonesians getting on leaky boats trying to sneak into Australia.

One day those Indonesians will come and take Australia.

What you need to be doing is offering citizenship to any American who wants to flee America. Have some sort of program that they have to have atleast $50,000 or so to buy a home and get started in society there.

I think you'd find many Americans would want to flee America for Australia. How come you have no such program to boost your population of productive people to get your economy rolling?

Hmm. Do you watch? really do you? Just reading what you say shows you're ignorent and unresearched. Our economy is doing fine and much better than Americas.

The boat people are coming mainly from the middle east.

And Americans are moving here in droves already but they're not que jumping which is what most of these boat people are doing.

And how can a country like Indonesia come up with 5000 thousand fully laden troops ships per day? Which is what is needed to invade. The U'S or China can't do that. And at the end of the day our military technology would see us through as the U.S forces would know because it uses the stuff enough. When it's not being used to arsekick the U.S in exercises.

And apart from the land if ignorence, where is here? You mouth off and don't state a place.
edit on 14-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

I said my religion was benkie the traveling garden gnome

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

They are not Indonesian........they are middle eastern and African. The Indonesians bring them here in their leaky boats.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi there Friends...

We have Americans arriving here probably daily, they are more than welcome provided they come in via the correct and legal channels.

I'll tackle this in a two different steps.

"Boat People"/Refugees:
First of all, I have no problem with legitimate cases, where these people honestly fear for their lives, and lives of loved ones. Those people (and i have met a few from Africa that live in my local area) are great people.

Now that i have said that - There are a number of things the government COULD do better (instead of on the cheap), ie - Teach the incoming refugees (either rightly or wrongly) a trade and teach them english, apparently they dont do this (Information is 5 years old). Correctly build appropriate channels to migrate as a refugee (a legal form if you will). Lastly IF an application is denied, then fly them out that day, dont let them stew in the detention centres for a few weeks causing a ruckus.

Lastly, and I'm unsure this is a completely great idea, or completely rubbish. BUT once an application for asylum is approved, the refugee is allowed to pick a city to live in, now the problem is in some LGA's we have waiting periods for public housing of up to 90 years, thats right 90 years (Please review the links near the bottom). Yes this is not applicable for all LGA's, as an example only, there is approximately (6 year old figures), in the yarra valley there is about 1,000 DHS homes, the wait time for Segment 1 (highest risk people) in that LGA is approximately 72 years (Figure was quoted to me was from Melbourne City Mission), this is NOT a joke, and is quite common for all metro and outer metro areas in the eastern seaboard.

Why is this a problem? The popular destinations are Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast & Brisbane.

Now here is the idea, take that away from them, move them to areas they are needed (and along with their new trade, and language skills), we have shortage for skilled workers for the mines (pretty much all around the country), general trade jobs are available and in very low demand, help them help us.

Invading Australia:

This isnt a really good plan, it would cost billions (yes billions) in logistics to make an invasion of Australia successful. Once you have a beachhead in the northern zone (probably Queensland), you still need to head down the coast, even if you managed to keep the supply lines running, they would be ambushed and probably destroyed by the local populace.

Next part is invading the Northern Territory & Western Australia, those are arid lands, sand for miles, and something most countries have not trained for (warfare wise), and the logisics to keep your troops supplied would be your major problem, you couldnt do truck (See previous tactics) you'd have to fly it in, so you'd have to build air strips on the move and pray that the local population doesn’t destroy them.

Pretty much it would be too much trouble to directly invade unless you had the support from multiple countries. But thats just my opinion of course, im not a military strategist.

Interesting Reading:

ABC News (8 Months wait, Vic)
2 year Wait on Public Housing (SA)-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join