It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire And Kills Eight People In California Hair Salon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

A gunman opened fire Wednesday in a busy hair salon, killing eight people and critically wounding another while leaving bodies scattered throughout the business in a normally sedate Southern California beach community.

The gunman got into a truck and drove away from Salon Meritage after opening fire. A suspect was stopped by officers about a half-mile away and surrendered without incident while saying he had multiple weapons with him, police Sgt. Steve Bowles said.

Authorities did not immediately release his name or those of the victims. In all, one man and five women died at the salon, one man and one woman died after being transported to a nearby hospital, and one woman remained in critical condition late Wednesday.

These types of stories are just horrible to hear. Sounds like they caught this guy, but whatever punishment he gets won't be severe enough. He took eight lives, and destroyed eight families as well.

Also makes me wonder is people going on shooting rampages like this is simply due to a poor personal situation, or if there is something going on we're not hearing. Guns have been around for awhile, but crazy people shooting up buildings/schools is happening at an increasing rate over time.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Guns have been around for awhile, but crazy people shooting up buildings/schools is happening at an increasing rate

Guns have been around for a long time, but guns + prescription medications have not.
Hmmm.....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This is what happens when you f*** someones hair up so bad it ruins their life...joking asi8de I really can't imagine any kind of rationing behind this other then a lil murder death kill 187

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I can't even express how horrible I feel about this whole mess. My mother passed away on the 3rd of this month, and her funeral was today. Simply the thought that these 8 families will have to go through what I just went through, tears me apart. Not to mention all the countless other families that lose loved ones everyday.. Makes you really hate this sick, twisted, corrupted world we live in, where people have to suffer because of scum like this man.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Guns have been around for awhile, but crazy people shooting up buildings/schools is happening at an increasing rate

Guns have been around for a long time, but guns + prescription medications have not.
Hmmm.....

That is a good point, and something I think about quite often. I see a fair amount of people who just seem to be going though days like zombies. From little children to senior citizens, many are on something and we don't know the long term effects.

Its just seems people operate slower then they used to, and are more oblivious to their surroundings. See it everywhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I was tentatively skeptical about the increase ... but check out the numbers for 2011 in the United States.

Spree Killers Wikipedia

I wonder if there have been others that haven't been documented in the past, or if it's just life is really that different these days.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

These types of stories are just horrible to hear.

They are indeed... and 99% of the time, straight outta the good ol' USofA. Gun culture is a toxic blight on America. This is the sweet smell of freedom.... American style!

IRM

new topics

top topics

join