It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of financial protests now strike Denmark (Occupy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Wave of financial protests now strike Denmark (Occupy)

translate.google.com

Denmark now follows in the footsteps of the U.S., where thousands are protesting against big banks and failed capitalism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Occupy Wall St spreads to Australia
in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)
Occupy Wall Street Protest Song

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Article has been put through Google and may therefore have spelling errors.

I think it's in it place to let you guys in America know that you are not alone. We sympathize over here as well and will show it the coming saturday where a camp will be set up on the main square in Copenhagen, in front of City Hall.
We will most likely be joined by Anonymous sympathizers in this PEACEFUL demonstration....

We are here to remember everyone that this struggle is not about one country, one race, one religion or one age. It's something that influences all mankind regardless of how rich your country may seem.

Join the protests and help end this injustice that inflames the entire world, because of corporate greed and corporate politics.

At present moment, in spite of what the article writes, the Occupy movement in Denmark counts 2000 invididuals. May not seem as much, but you have to take into account that we are only 5 million people and only 1 million living in Copenhagen.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13/10/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You cannot stop a revolution of the mind, for ideas have no borders.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That's good news, hopefully people of the world will wake up to this con game being played on our present and future (not to mention past robberies). We will not settle to fatten the gluttons any longer while our brothers and sister slave and starve.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Just to clarify - anti-corporatism and anti-global corporate government does NOT equate to "communism."

Good catch. S&F&

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This news doesn't surprise me.

I just signed an online petition in support of the 'Occupy' movement... I can't give details or links, as it's against the T&C here. The reason I mention it is that in the 4 days the petition has been up it's already gathered over 600,000 signatures from around the world.

After I signed it I stayed there for a couple of minutes watching the signatures coming in (there's a meter and scrolling text that tells you who the latest signer is, and from where). It was both inspirational and amazing watching the flood of signatures coming in from everywhere.

I think this movement isn't vanishing, or getting smaller any time soon

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Denmark? what in the world could they possibly be mad about?

are they using the same "99%" slogans?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You know why I find this hilarious? Denmark is #1 happiest country according to Forbes, and #2 on Yahoo, and generally always at the top of the list. What gives?

Forbes: World's Happiest Countries

Yahoo: World's Happiest Countries

Gallup Poll via HuffPo

new topics

top topics

join