It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St spreads to Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

So you're saying you can't own a Glock 9mm, what the vast majority of cops in the US carry...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

So you're saying you can't own a Glock 9mm, what the vast majority of cops in the US carry...

Our police can't even get their hands on that kind of weapon (not including special units/forces obviously). The standard weapon of choice for the Victorian Police force in Australia is the .38 Special Smith & Wesson Model 10 revolver. Google it and you will lol...

What's funny is the youth and bikie gangs own far superior firepower, just like the American ganga/mafia do.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

Our police can't even get their hands on that kind of weapon (not including special units/forces obviously). The standard weapon of choice for the Victorian Police force in Australia is the .38 Special Smith & Wesson Model 10 revolver. Google it and you will lol...

What's funny is the youth and bikie gangs own far superior firepower, just like the American ganga/mafia do.

Seems to be the case no matter what part of the World you're in... I guess the law abiding citizens missed Eric Holder's garage sale.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The youth revolution is going on worldwide. This is unprecedented.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by revman28
The youth revolution is going on worldwide. This is unprecedented.

It's not just the youth, it is everyone. We will all rise up together

Share this pic people!
edit on 13-10-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Well I haven't seen anything on the news. Also Australians don't have it as bad as they do in the U.S so it might be more of a case of not alot to complain about rather than being asleep. Our main problem right now is the Gillard carbon tax.

This is the problem with Aussies though....the "she'll be right" attitude.

I, for one, fully support the actions of the protesters (as long as it doesn't devolve into something else), if I didn't have to work my ass off just to pay the bills (forget about eating or actually having a life) then I would be there front and centre with them.

How anyone can sit through a session of Question Time and claim we still have a functioning, serious government I don't know.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

That and you were forced to lay your guns down for scrap metal...

Why is there always one American in threads about Australia that has to get on his high horse about the fact that we have stricter gun laws?

For crying out loud.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Why the hell do we 'need' to own a glock anyway? makes me laugh when i see that sort of attitude. I guess it's so 'normal' in the states it must seem like owning a TV or a phone. Most of us have no need for owning firearms. Mention anything about football codes or Ford VS Holden though and things could get violent. Stupid but true.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The more 'Joolia' burns ordinary aussies, the more that are waking up.
Wouldn't surprise me to see young & old at the protests.
Shes screwed over everyone....except the well off.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yes I said semi and fully automatic weapons. Our police have have Glocks but I don't see whay anyone else would need one.

You could with a special permit but it would need to be for a really good reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

I have no idea about VIC police but NSW and QLD police carry Glocks as standard issue. Mind you VIC police have a rep of being gun happy don't they?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by steveknows
Well I haven't seen anything on the news. Also Australians don't have it as bad as they do in the U.S so it might be more of a case of not alot to complain about rather than being asleep. Our main problem right now is the Gillard carbon tax.

This is the problem with Aussies though....the "she'll be right" attitude.

I, for one, fully support the actions of the protesters (as long as it doesn't devolve into something else), if I didn't have to work my ass off just to pay the bills (forget about eating or actually having a life) then I would be there front and centre with them.

How anyone can sit through a session of Question Time and claim we still have a functioning, serious government I don't know.

I don't think Aussies are as care free as that and we do take action we just don't hype it all up.

I think this government is functioning it's just not acting in the interest of Australia and they've made shady deals with the Greens. I really think that when it comes to looking out for Aus Gillard is a welsh immigrant. It's easy to see that she's picked on the less fortunate and that would be most likely the result of growing up and hearing her pro union welsh father going on about" lazy people who don't want to work and these Aussies don't know how good they got it because back home in Wales" and the first thing she does is pick on the sick, unemployed and single mothers they were the priority and then she turned her attention to everyone else. She has not done one constructive thing. All she's done is dismantle things and lower the national living standard.

And I believe that she's after a job with the U.N when she's kicked out of this job and she doesn't care how many billions of dollars it costs us for her to get it.
edit on 13-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
Why the hell do we 'need' to own a glock anyway? makes me laugh when i see that sort of attitude. I guess it's so 'normal' in the states it must seem like owning a TV or a phone. Most of us have no need for owning firearms. Mention anything about football codes or Ford VS Holden though and things could get violent. Stupid but true.

Yes just saw the news. Another mass shooting in the U.S

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot
So what do you guys think about this? Could this be the real deal or could we all be falling into a trap?

Well now, that's the Big Question isn't it...

I, of course, wouldn't really have a clue as to what the answer is to that. But perhaps if it is a trap, that could be foiled by the numbers of people involved being far more than what was intended and people not actually doing what the orchestrator had envisioned...

I don't know...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is a good round up of what is going on in Melbourne. I have spent the last 4 days there, slept over in a tent for the first 2 nights. Wil lbe going back tomorrow, and will be sleaping over again Fri and Sat nights. It is brilliant there, any Mebourneans reading should seriously go!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The protests in Melbourne are indeed becoming stronger. I went to the city yesterday and found myself right in the middle of it. Very loud but peaceful. Funny thing is, when you turn on the tv, all you hear about are the number of arrests happening at these protests... Shame to see our media has become like America...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join